Final Fantasy through the games

winksgaming12

Playing through the Final Fantasy Series
Gil
Hey everyone. I am working on a new project. As you may or most likely do not know I was trying to get through every final fantasy game in order. I stalled at game 12. I took some time off and have decided to go back to the beginning but to do it in a different way. I am playing the game in 5 hour chunks and documenting my journey. These will never be reviews but in the moment discussions of whats going on in the game I am playing.

I would love if you could take a look and provide me feedback on what you think. Attached is the 1.2 version which is the second 5 hours of game play. The other ones are posted on the site if you want to read them but since 1.2 is probably the closest to the format i am really into I would love to hear your feedback!

Final Fantasy Chronicles 1.2

That’s a good commentary. :)

I’d forgotten about a lot of that. I’d forgotten about the cutscene. I’d forgotten about the cult meeting of the Circle of Sages… :D

I love that the inclusion of the Rosetta Stone is almost completely removed from any Egyptian context (I say almost as there are a few mummy enemies in the area, I believe). Its use in the game is to serve as a translation tool, so that’s appropriate in its most important feature.

The original Final Fantasy is such a weird game! It clearly takes heavy inspiration from Dungeons and Dragons and Western RPGs. Even some of the artwork (used for the Nintendo Power strategy guide) is very Western in appearance as way to localise it and make it more palatable for a Western audience.

Here’s this chapter:

latest

Here’s one of the Circle of Sages with the canoe:

latest

It's interesting seeing Final Fantasy artwork with these sorts of aesthetics, particularly the first one. It is also interesting how we didn't seem to see anything else like it after this (that I am aware of).

Back