Final Fantasy III Poll

totalinarian

Gil
Here is a poll for converting Final Fantasy III to the PlayStation in a form similar to the original. Hope any forum member interested will vote!

Last edited:
a port wouldnt be too bad, i probably wouldnt pick it up though, i would go with the DS version
it wouldnt be business-worthy though, so many people already have the DS or rom for the NES, so they wouldnt sell as many as they hoped
if they cranked the graphics to PS3 capabilities, on the other hand, it would probably move more copies than using a direct port

thats my 2 cents :)

i think thats a great idea! For those of us who are collecting all of the main Final Fantasy games on the PS/PS2, FF III is the only one not released!! I hope SE will come up with the port.

I'm with Koly on this one because i don't own a DS and i want to play every FF game and love them all. I don't want to go out and buy/borrow a DS just to play and own the game. I want it to be on a system that i already have.

I'm totally for it. I've always had this request too even before it was made public it was coming to the Nintendo DS. I'm a PS2 hardcore gamer for FF's so I've wanted this to happen for quite some time! I support a PS2 version of Final Fantasy III.

A Playstation version, redone in SNES quality graphics and new features just like what they did with FFI and II with the Origins package.

But I dont care really, im happy with my ROM. :P

I don't know if many people would buy it in it's original form so it would probably be a bad business decision.

Maybe in DS graphics they could make money off of it that way.

If you were a programmer you wouldn't be saying that. If you spend countless hours working on something you would obviously want to get paid for it
wtf was that about? You say it as if SquareSoft makes money from the original FFIII these days!?

They don't at all btw, the Rom is ok in this case:P

If you were a programmer you wouldn't be saying that. If you spend countless hours working on something you would obviously want to get paid for it

I agree, it sucks to steal from the very people that bring you these games. Keep stealing and they'll stop making!

I don't know if many people would buy it in it's original form so it would probably be a bad business decision.

Maybe in DS graphics they could make money off of it that way.

I dont agree with you, because to this very day people are playing games like FF I and FF VI. True fans of the series want III in its original form so they could play what was originaly released. We dont want remakes of games we haven't played.

I agree, it sucks to steal from the very people that bring you these games. Keep stealing and they'll stop making!

I dont agree with you, because to this very day people are playing games like FF I and FF VI. True fans of the series want III in its original form so they could play what was originaly released. We dont want remakes of games we haven't played.

FF1's graphics were updated for the GBA though to look more like 16 bit characters. And a lot of people have a problem with I since the characters don't have any personality. The same was true for the original III, although the characters did actually speak it it, it was generic dialogue.

People buy I because they are hard core FF fans or they played in on the original NES and it's probably nostalgic for them. I think the only people who would buy the original III are hard core Final Fantasy fans.

Right now, they are probably using III as a way to sell the Nintendo DS. Don't know if they'll put out a PS version in the future.

Last edited:
FF1's graphics were updated for the GBA though to look more like 16 bit characters. And a lot of people have a problem with I since the characters don't have any personality. The same was true for the original III, although the characters did actually speak it it, it was generic dialogue.

People buy I because they are hard core FF fans or they played in on the original NES and it's probably nostalgic for them. I think the only people who would buy the original III are hard core Final Fantasy fans.

Right now, they are probably using III as a way to sell the Nintendo DS. Don't know if they'll put out a PS version in the future.
yeah i know exactly what you mean, and im hoping they come up with FF III on the PS, if they do something like origins, chronicles, or anthology it would be great

I think they should make a Playstation version. I don't have a DS, and i certainly don't want to buy one just for FFIII (although i will eventually if i have to).

i find that not many ppl play the game already so what would be the point to put it on playstation cause how would you do side quests, i really need to do the side quests

Might be selfish, but I'm saying "no" just because I already have the DS version. If the DS version never existed, I would definitely say yes.

You might be able to play the original III on the Wii. It most likely won't be translated though. You'd have to find a bootlegged translation.

I have not played final fantasy 3 but i want it re-released (With a few tweaks) so i have the chance to play it.

Back