Fan Fiction Final Fantasy Atra

Razberry Knight

Paladin
Veteran
Gil
Im making a semi original story of a completely made up final fantasy world.

But im new to fan fiction. So go easy on me. Here's my idea.

Setting:
Takes place in the world known as Obromiara and taking place in three continents/countries, Rebrandt, Kobrier, and Asturna. (I tried to make the names seem consistent)

Rebrandt and Kobrier are in alliance. However Asturna has made attempts to invade the other over the past. For the sake of piece, the two countries dont wage war on Asturna.

Kobrier- industrious country (imagine the town from the original ff6 boxart). Home to most humans and the most populated out of the 3.
contains five cities and two towns. (Itll be easier to keep up if I dont mention the towns and cities in the summary)

Rebrandt, the home to Paladins and although less populated and industrious as Kobier, have the most political power in the alliance and military completely enforced. Kobrier although industrious, provide Rebrandt the most high end military weapons they can offer. Rebrandt has three cities, three towns.

Asturna, home of the lufenians. Hold ancient technology but focus on their magic abilities. Have been developing a secret project involving beings from heaven. Asturna is divided by north and south. North believe Lufenians should focus on finding a way to return to the sky while South have dedicated their time researching Obromiara's natural resources and making it their new home. North wish to create war and use technology of Kobrier/Rebrandt to find a way to return to their previous home. South pity all races even north lufenians and wish to remain impartial. Due to this, its mainly why Rebrandt and Kobrier have been hesitant to raging war on Asturna.

North Asturna contains 3 towns 1 city. South contains 3 towns, 0 cities.

Races
Not many odd races other than the typical moogle. However Lufenians will make an appearance. So I hope people get excited about that. The style is remaniscent to Ivalice (tactics/XII/Vagrant story)

Cameos
Typical ff staples to appear:

*Cid
*Mog
*Biggs and Wedge
*Gogo (thinking about it)
*Gilgamesh.
*typical ff summons.

General plot:
Kio, a teen boy witnesses the death of his family by a female Dark Knight with a scythe. Looking at the uniform and weapon choice, was quickly able to deduce she was a Dark Knight of Lufenian descent. He vowed to get revenge and 6 years later had become a Paladin for the Army for Rebrandt (originally from Kobrier) for the sole purpose of hunting down the female lufenian dark knight. At this time, alot has changed. Rebrandt has slowly been becoming aggressive and are thinking of breaking their treaty with Kobrier and joining alliance with Asturna

PROLOGUE

"It has been said, those chosen by crystals of Obromiara are destined to either destroy the world or save it. For aeons those chosen by the crystals have been known as Tesserae, and throughout aeons, theyve done more destruction than salvation. Civilizations had to start over from the ground up. It was until the men and women of Obriomiara had enough and decided to destroy every single crystal and Tesserae left.

6000 years ago, and the world have finally established peace with the majority. However rumors of Tesserae returning are rising, and our country is ready to wage war against Asturna. What do you think about that, Kio?"

I, already knowing exactly what to say stand up and with a strong glare in the commanders eyes, I say, "If it for Rebrandt, I volunteer to be in the front lines and seek those Tesserae! Sir!"

"Thats what I like to here, its time for you to be promoted" the commander said. He looks at me with a smile and intense stare, and gives me a new uniform. I look carefully at it, believing I would be promoted to being a knight, but the uniform and armor was completely different. It seemed too good to be an ordinary knight.

"Sir, am I a special bodygaurd for the king?" I ask. He laughs at me, and looks away toward the land. He then sighs and says, "Your not a simple bodygaurd, you're the new Paladin of Rebrandt.

I was shocked. How can a foot soldier who hasnt even passed knighthood become a Paladin? I havent even learned all the techniques. Just as I was about to decline, the commander begins to say, "Dont worry, soldiers dont get promoted to being Paladins out of straight answers or ability, you become a Paladin by showing how strong your heart is. Do you believe you got the heart for it, Kio?

I then looked in his eyes and said, "Yes commander!"

"Good, welcome to the beginning of your life." He says as he gives me a firm handshake. At the time, I didnt know what he meant, but I didnt see the whole picture, even now I dont see it comoletely. All I saw was an opportunity for revenge. How silly of me to believe a Paladin could avenge his family.

Last edited:
Good story imo. Is this going to be like a book or are you actually gonna make a game off of it?

CHAPTER I: The beginning of my life

Its been 6 weeks since ive been appointed as Paladin. Ive slowly been mastering the skills of a Paladin. Unfortunately my defensive skills are lacking. And Paladins are known for their strong defense...Did I accept the commander's promotion to quickly? After lunch, I will have to train harder.

"Hey! You there!" A girl shouts just two feet away from my table. She had an eye patch with the crest of Rebrandt and had a pale grey eye and light blue hair. Despite her exterior giving off an eerie aura, her face showed strong curiosity and innocence. Hard to believe this girl can kill anyone.

"I said 'Hey!' Dont you want to say Hi back?" She asks.

"Oh, im sorry, hello. My name is Kio lovecraft" I respond in a shy manner. I usually am more forward and blunt, but this girl took me off guard. Sigh...I cant even hold my guard up for some girl.

"I'm Cece, but everyone calls me 'C'. I've noticed you been using the Paladin's training ground. So you must be a fellow Paladin right? How come I havent seen you before? And why do you looked stress?" She asks.

"I just started 6 weeks ago so thats probably why you havent seen me up until now. As for me being stressed, ive been trying to work on my skills as a Paladin. So far ive only been able to master Holy slash but-"

"You mastered Holy slash already?????" She asks me with a loud voice. As soon as she asked a large group of Paladins rallied behind her. Fear started to crawl on my skin and as a last ditch effort to fix the situation, I say, "but that's the only ability ive mastered, mighty guard or Ivory"

"I dont believe it, Holy slash is an advance move and you claim to be here 6 weeks. Why don't you prove it! Show us that you can execute a Holy Slash at the Collesium around 3:00"

I had no choice, a group of Paladins met up with me at the colleseum, and kept whispering. Did I disrespect them In anyway. I just started my Paladin career and it looks like Im throwing my job down the drain.

"Hey, rookie. Is it true, you mastered Holy slash in just 6 weeks?" One of the Paladins asks me. He was taller and muscular with blue eyes and brown spiked hair. But just like the exterior was different with Cece, he was like a gentle giant.

"Is it so hard to believe? I thought it was a standard ability of all Paladins."

"It is....for the ones going out to war, but the Paladins protecting the motherland only focus on defensive skills, its nearly impossible for a Paladin to master both within such a short time." He explained to me. Now I realized my problem, ive been too focused on Holy Slash, trying to master mighty guard would be just as easy. But wait....he didnt answer my question.

"But wait...if thats true, why is it still difficult for the others to believe I mastered it within 6 weeks?" I asked persistently.

"You see Cece is looked as a prodigy here, she mastered Holy Slash within 8 weeks and Mighty Guard within a year. She's probably threatened by you. If you could master Holy Slash within 6 weeks, you could probably master Mighty Guard in even less time than she did." He says. Just when I was about to say something, Cece enters the Colliseum with her posse.

"Well...we're ready! Show us that you can use Holy Slash". She says in an angry tone. The bigger Paladin from before whispers Into my ear, "you should probably just cave. If you say you can do it I believe you at least. Cece is too proud, if you do execute it you'll never hear the end of it."

I moved him aside and ignored him. if I take a fall now, ill be the laughingstock of all Paladins and will be branded as a liar. I slowly took my sword out and made the proper stance into executing Holy Slash. I concentrated my energy on the sword and slowly started to give off a misty aura.

"He's actually doing it." A couple of Paladins whispered. I was prepared to execute, but I saw Cece getting nervous and upset. I dont know what came over me, but I started to feel sorry for her. I decided to cave...no one would blame me for not mastering it right? Afterall im just a rookie. I shanked the sword upward rather than making a proper slash and was only able to send the blast 2 feet away. The other Paladins started to walk away while a couple whispering negative comments about me.

Cece however gave a smug smile and came upto me. She slowly took out her sword and performed Holy Slash, the actual Holy Slash. Instead of 2 feet, she managed to shoot it 10 feet.

"Thats how you do a Holy Slash". She said. She then slowly walked out of the Colliseum without a single word, but I could feel her smhg smile from a mile away. The only one who is still here is the Paladin who told me to take a dive in the first place.

"Hey, that wasnt so bad. No one said anything to you and Cece didnt even gloat." He says.

I, incredibly furious of the situation, threw a dozen Holy Slashes around the Colliseum. Slash after slash, I made sure it was perfectly clear I can perform Holt Slashes. I stopped for a moment to catch my breathe, only to see the Colliseum completely scarred by me.

"Wow...that was impressive, if you were to go to war, you'd be ready. My name is Barselon by the way. Your Kio right? Its nice meeting you." He saus.

I, still panting from the slashes ive made. Walk out of the Colliseum enraged. As I walked out, I couldn't help but think how everything changed. Just a few moments ago I was stressed over not mas t ering a skill, and now I'm angry about the fact that I couldn't prove myself to the other Paladins. I went back to my house and decided to just lay on my bed. Why did I even accept to being a Paladin...Being one wont bring my brother or my sister back....all I can do is kill the one responsible...that female Dark Knight.

Just as I was about to sleep, I hear knocking on my door. I walk down stairs and answer it only to see Cece at my door.

"Hey...sorry about before...when I saw you make the stance for Holy Slash, I knew you were capable of executing it. And even though I knew, I didnt defend you...so im sorry...."

Last edited:
Back