FH Music

Joey Starfire

'Fury Of The Storm'
Gil
I know this sounds REALLY silly, but I was at a mates house and we decided to play FFVIII to cure our supreme boredom. But when we got to FH she quoted how the music in FH wanted her to kill people. Repeatedly.

Anyone else agree and the headsore choice of music in FH?

Blasphemy! The Fisherman's Horizon music is great, one of the best bits of music in FFVIII. The piano version is even better - maybe your friend would prefer that.

Blasphemy! The Fisherman's Horizon music is great, one of the best bits of music in FFVIII.

QFT. Its so peaceful and just beautiful. Indeed, tis one of the best musical pieces from the game. But as charlie said, tell her to try the piano version and save some people :ohshit:

I don't think it was bad. It certainly doesn't warrant that type of response, I don't think. It was a nice, little atmospheric tune.

But I did feel that there were far better tracks than it.

Definitely not the kind of response you would expect.
The music is used to transmit the ideality and lifestyle of that town, being a anti-violence, anti-war etc etc.
It's a calm vibe with some nice details to it, a definite plus in FFVIII's OST imo, it perfectly fits in the game.

Hah! When I clicked your thread I thought this would be a thread dedicated to worshipping that song.
I love the FH music, especially when you hear it for the first time in the game; it brings such a contrast to the clamour of the previous chapter. I think it sounds beautiful and very calming. Much like "Breezy" played in Balamb.
I have the FH music (piano version) on a playlist on my ipod I often listen to to go to sleep.
I don't know what your friend could be talking about.

I hate it xD

It really starts getting to me after a while with them fucking pan pipes or whatever the fuck they are, there's just something really irritating about it

I greatly prefer the piano version of the music to the version in the game but still its music I would listen to in order to relax. I enjoy it especially in the games context.

I like all versions I heard of this song so far. The original song from the game is not the kind of song I would listen to on repeat however, after a while the flute tune gets on your nerves indeed.

I think it's one of the more relaxing songs from the soundtrack tbh. All the others are great, don't get me wrong. But there has to be a quiet song here and there in any FF soundtrack. What I don't understand is why your friend said they wanted to kill someone. xD

Back