SPOILERS FFXV Ending *HUGE SPOILERS*

Terms like excellent, great, and monotonous are really more subjective then people realize. What one person thinks of as monotonous is something very different to another. To me XIII is monotonous among other things. Everyone plays games differently. I like all the extras, and side quests. That to me makes it enjoyable. My favorite has been and always will be XII. I ran from one end of that world to the other more times then I can count and equipped each character with every weapon at least once just to see how they would handle it and in some cases it was quite comical to watch. If it takes me only a day or two to complete a game no matter how intense, I feel let down, like it was over too soon or rushed.

I grew up in the era of commodore, Atari and the early Nintendo and I didn’t play that stuff with a group of friends but with family - specifically my mom. We never played a game the way it was intended so trying to stick close to the core experience in a game now or if there isn’t enough other things to do and explore outside the main objective is very boring and unappealing to me. A single player game like Mario we’d take turns going through each segment, Space Invaders was a contest to see if we can match scores not beat each other. We’d split the game down the middle my half was on the left and her’s was on the right. If I missed one of mine and got one of hers I’d leave one for her to catch so our score would be exact. None of that is how the games were intended and it’s the equivalent of spending hours with moments not relating to the core story.

Just like in life, I take pleasure in the little stuff and all that minutia in video games like XV that you can’t stand if it was taken away or reduced it would make the game much less enjoyable for me. Unlike you, put XV in front of me several years from now and I”d not only explore it the same way but might even find something I missed the first time around that can only be found by poking my nose in every crevice just to see what might be there. I don’t consider how I play a waist of my time and even the glitches are fun - Ignis crashing the car into a truck 3 times and then exclaiming “we got to regroup” good for at least a 20+ minute rolling on the floor laughing session, one of prompto’s picture looking at first glance like one of the characters has a lampshade on his head in the middle of battle good for at least 10 minutes of laughter.

You praise Grand Theft Auto V. I thought it was the nastiest ugly game I have ever tried to play (my friend had it, didn’t like it, gave it to me - I gave it back). I really couldn't get past all the sexual content, and language. I really found it offensive and I’m not easily offended. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3) is a much better game even though it has the same "M" rating. The sexual contact is restricted to a group of hookers in Detroit propositioning Jensen every time he walks by easily remedied by a few takedowns but I found it amusing and in hengsha the equivalent was not in English so it didn’t matter. There wasn’t any of the degrading and fowl language I found offensive in GTA V. There are a lot of chances to affect the outcome of various sections which makes it really interesting. The only drawback to DEHR is how glitchy it was. That is the game I bought the PS3 to play before I purchased XIII. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is substandard compared to DEHR (I felt I was playing "bubbly head" Jensen “dancing” every time he talked to someone).

VII and IX are what they call “turn based” battle games. You might still enjoy them but it would drive me up the wall. I’d rather play legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for Nintendo 64. I also like games like Ubisoft’s Myst series.

And XV isn’t complete but that’s the norm now a days. Mocrosoft Windows 10 has never been sold as a complete program either, it’s just the way the companies are doing things, it’s not right but it’s fact. I think gone are the days when major programs of any kind are sold as complete packages.

We can continue such a conversation in a PM if you want. So if that's something you're interested in, just send one my way. But this is getting too off topic, and I don't want to flood the thread with such things :)

Back