Squall Leonhart
Tifa Lockhart
Jenova
Moogle
Cactuar
Taken from reddit.

Don't peek if you're sensitive!

I warned you :ahmed:

**If you clicked this by accident and don't want the ending of FF XV spoiled for you LEAVE NOW!!! **
So the game was just completed by a Youtuber and his stream just recently ended. There were a little over 1000 people watching as he completed the game and played the final boss and ending twice, once in Japanese and then in English.
Here's a breakdown of the ending (at least how I understand it):

• Noctis and co. head to Insomnia after a 10 year time skip to put an end to Ardyn Izunia and to reclaim the Lucian throne.
  • Ardyn, after seeing them, unleashes Ifrit on Noctis and co. (Penultimate battle)
  • Noctis battles Ifrit for a while, Bahamut appears (Who MAY be Aranea, still unsure), and massive swords rain down from the skies before Noctis lands a heavy blow on Ifrit with the help of Bahamut's Megaflare.
  • Noctis continues the fight against an enraged Ifrit, concluding with Gentiana appearing, who then transforms into Shiva, before killing Ifrit with Diamond Dust.
  • Noctis and gang move inside to the throne room, where they once again meet Ardyn. On the ceiling are 4 dead bodies hanging, illusions created by Ardyn. These bodies are Iedolas, Regis, Luna, and Nyx (!!!).
  • After disabling Prompto, Ignis, and Gladiolus, Ardyn invites Noctis to fight him alone in front of the Lucian Palace.
  • Noctis and Ardyn battle. Ardyn is the final boss. 2 phases, first is a grounded fight, second is an aerial fight.
  • In his dying breath, Ardyn promises Noctis he'll meet him in the beyond.
  • Noctis meets up with the group and says one final goodbye before heading to the throne. Behind them, 3-4 Iron Giants spawn as Noctis makes his exit.
  • Once in the throne room, Noctis takes a seat and reminisces on his life, including his father, Luna (who is dead by the way), and his friends.
  • Noctis calls upon the past Kings of Lucis and one by one they enter his Ring of the Lucii, with Regis being the final King to enter the ring and this kills Noctis.
  • In the beyond, we see Ardyn and Noctis, followed by the kings of Lucis appearing and Noctis's Friends (Does this mean the iron giants killed them?), Luna approaches Ardyn and damages him, and the kings of Lucis each deliver blows to him before he finally perishes.
  • Noctis perishes as well.
  • Flashback to final camping scene before the group headed to Insomnia. Emotional conversation ensues as Noctis states this is the last time they'll be together like this.
  • Final Credits
  • Post credits scene: we hear Regis talking to Luna, congratulating her on her wedding with Noctis, and wishing the couple well.
  • A healthy looking Noctis and Luna make their way to the throne. Noctis sits with Luna by his side, they kiss. Luna puts her head down on the throne armrest, and she fades into the Final Fantasy XV Logo, becoming the resting woman in the logo. What follows is artwork of Noctis next to her in the official logo. (This new logo appears on the title screen from now on. See it here: http://imgur.com/a/8bdYm) Fade to black, Noctis' final words are "Thank you", presumably to his father. My guess is this post credits scene is just a dream sequence, it doesn't actually happen obviously.
The word "Fin" appears on a black background - The End of Final Fantasy XV.
So there you have it.

My thoughts: I liked the ending, no comment on the final boss yet as I have to let it sink in but gut feeling is it's underwhelming. However as I stated, the ending to me was decent, if only because of the stellar music!

I personally think the ending sounds great. :lew: I like the whole tragic-ness of all the characters. I wasn't expecting all of them to die, maybe Noctis, but all of them? Surprising IMO. I also was not expecting NoctLuna to be canonized in anyway. I thought this wasn't a love story? So I'm pleasantly surprised by this, too. I don't understand why Noct dies but I guess I'll know when I play it myself.

Oh yeah, I was following a Peruvian chap who streamed the final boss fights and the ending on Youtube last night, before the long arm of the Square-Enix law came crashing down on him.

The final boss is essentially a glorious mix of Dragonball Z action and the final Neo and Agent Smith fight in The Matrix Revolutions, featuring a more grown-up version of the young main character we've seen at the very start finally rise up, return to his ruined kingdom and take on an evil usurper, sort of like The Lion King.

Then the actual post-credits ending with Noctis and Luna looks like someone lifted it wholesale from Titanic. The initial panning shots of the sun rising over the ruins of Insomnia reminds me of FFVII's ending with that shot of nature slowly reclaiming the remains of Midgar. Then the camera enters into a suddenly lit up, restored, pristine and decorated throne room, ending with the two reunited lovers straddled together in like some kind of dream-like aethereal state. At that point, it felt so much like Titanic's ending, where the camera dives back down into the wreckage of the ship, only for its interior to suddenly return to its original state and ending with Jack and Rose reunited on the stairs of the ship.

As for the ending itself...it's hard for me to fully come to a proper conclusion. Obviously, I am missing out huge chunks of story context; I have no idea what Ardyn's motivations are, what he did to the world, and how exactly the ring and all the spectral Lucian kings of old (Knights of the Round?) work. I guess it's possible that Noctis had to end his bloodline to lift some kind of curse or something, but that goes back to the fact that I don't understand what the full story even is and how Ardyn comes into it. So I'll have to separate all those questions from my mind and try to focus on the bits I actually did see, which is everything from the point where the player entered the ruins of the palace and took on Ifrit.

I don't actually hate the ending. It's effective and conclusive. I imagine after many hours of the game with the bros and all the hijinks together, that final pre-final dungeon campfire shot (complete with mandatory Coleman product placement no less!) where Noctis professes that this will be the final time they can be together like this before tearing up would have the sufficient impact it ought to have. Ultimately I'm just surprised that Tabata elected to kill...pretty much every significant character that we know of, including Noctis and from what we can infer, his three friends as well. I'll have to presume that everyone in the Niflheim Empire is dead too, because Ardyn is clearly pulling their strings. Or perhaps I shouldn't be surprised because Tabata has been in charge of Type-0. So besides maybe FFX, for a mainline game to end on such a bittersweet note is actually a first for the series and I suppose that's a pleasant surprise.

Of course, whether the final Titanic-like bittersweet shots of Noctis and Luna as a married couple in what looks like a dream world (I'm not 100% sure how this is supposed to be canonically interpreted as it's still a little ambiguous - it's not beyond the realm of possibility that like Type-0's secret ending, this timeline has been "reset" to a new one where both characters are still alive and get together? I dunno?) even work emotionally will depend largely on HOW Luna is utilised in the game. It seriously looks like at this point, based on murmurings going on, that Luna barely has much of a presence in this game, which would be seriously disappointing, even for my rock bottom expectations. No, FFXV. You have to make people care about Luna and actually do something to develop and show this romantic relationship between Noctis and Luna. You can't do an effective Titanic-like ending if you fail to do so. Whether you actually have or not will remain to be seen.

Final Fantasy XV-2 where they all somehow come back to life for a happily ever after resulting from time paradoxes confirmed. Please be excited! :hmph:

We can't be surprised at the death ending, though... the game's entire theme is all about death and sacrifice. It would have been strange if it didn't end this way. So I'm pleased with it. I just hope the rest of the story is solid enough to make the ending impactful. From what I'm reading (Linn said it too) it's looking like Luna and Noct have barely any development due to lack of screentime for Luna. I hope that's not the case. I'll wait to watch a few beginning walkthroughs before I purchase the game.

Oh yeah, I forgot to bring up the new post-game logo you linked in the OP.

It's such a retcon. There is no way this was the original vision. The sleeping woman in the logo was originally supposed to be Etro, the Goddess that shepherds souls into the realm of the dead, according to Fabula Nova Crystallis mythology. But after removing Nomura, the new version of the game seems to have done away with FNC and now all of a sudden the logo is supposed to represent...a sleepyhead Luna? A woman who is dreaming up her own fantastical reality?

FFXIII did something right when it was revealed that its logo of two women holding up a crystallised Cocoon was in actuality alluding to the conclusion of the game's err, what passes for its plot. That had major significance. I'm not damning FFXV simply because of the logo retcon. I just think it's a miserably weak way to cover up what they had hollowed out after inheriting the messy project from Nomura.

One thing that Square Enix have never, EVER been able to do is combine an excellent plot with excellent characterisation. It's always one or the other with them, if they even manage to accomplish one of them. Reading that, it all sounds very cinematic...yet without that character development, it's going to fall flat. And, as far as I'm concerned, that's a foregone conclusion, because Lunafreya - a key element to the emotional side of that ending - is a side character who isn't even in the party. She's an accessory. An extra. Without that inclusion in major events throughout the game, which she won't have, it's going to be like a B-Grade action movie with a token love plot thrown in out of a misplaced sense of obligation to have it in there.

Noctis' farewell to his bros might have some impact, because that's what the whole story is about. I doubt it, but it might. But anything involving Luna? Highly unlikely.

Even the King Regis voiceover narration for the Titanic post-credits scene seems to only thank Luna for delivering the McGuffin ring to Noctis in order so he can ultimately bring about peace to the world again.

Good job in being the FedEx/Royal Mail delivery(wo)man I suppose? :lew:

I mean, I will happily presume and hopefully rightly so that she does something else in the game of significance, as she's the Oracle and it's her job to awaken the Summons of the world or something. But it's not a flattering conclusion for her when the game is only congratulating her on a successful fetch and delivery quest.

No real interest in the game, maybe I'll get it maybe I won't. Truth be told I just came to see if Adri accidentally viewed this thread and had a meltdown, needless to say I'm disappointed. There's still time I suppose.

No, but I'm sure Adri will have a meltdown when he realises just how
underutilised Luna is and how quick they are to fridge her. At least Aerith has a lot more time in the sun and we can get to know her before a cold steel blade plunges through her. There's a reason why they've almost only shown the character at Altissia (the Venice-like city).

Leviathan fight by the way, is giving me nausea just watching someone stream it. That camera is just... :shame:

Depressed and furious about Luna, feels like we are going backwards with FF females, I mean, even FF2 had Maria. This feels like something that would occur in 1986, not 2016. :hmph:

Right? :lew:

Noctis and Luna (as adults) see each other, but they exchange not a single word to each other, let alone a conversation, because she is fridged so abruptly. The rest of her appearances are in brief flashbacks, one involving her bawling her eyes out in front of her brother in a pretty Tenebrae backdrop because she may not be able to see her beloved. And this is the same character as the one in Kingsglaive - heck, it's post-Kingsglaive Luna as Ravus's mechanical arm indicates.

She spends the entirety of the game's thin narrative serving Noctis in any way she can, both to awaken the Astrals for him, and to deliver the Ring of the Lucii to him. She points out in one flashback cutscene to Gentiana that she's willing to do all she can to support Noctis. She confesses to her brother in another flashback cutscene that for whatever reason, she cannot physically go on, and in vain asks if Ravus can do the delivery quest in her stead. Her existence is based entirely around serving Noctis.

They kill her off, lavish the player with a melancholic but beautiful cutscene of her passing, and in doing so, they did the most clichéd thing I can think of. I called it a while ago. Luna is merely a transparent plot device, both to catalyse the villain's goals and to eventually spur our main hero with renewed motivation. She's not even a character. At no point in the game does she act like one. I can't describe to any listener what her personality is. I repeat: PLOT DEVICE.

Then the post-credit sequence has Regis's voice thank Luna for diligently delivering Noctis the ring, so even the writing admits that it's practically all she was good for. And I'm expected to give a damn about this potential afterlife wedding where this couple can finally be happy together? I don't know Luna. I don't *see* any romantic relationship here unlike practically every other couple in previous Final Fantasy game. No chemistry at all appeared on screen, because, and I repeat, the two never share a conversation with each other as adults before she is killed off. >.>

I was willing to give Tabata the benefit of the doubt, though my willingness diminished regularly every time the marketing team showed a new trailer. STRONG HEROINE, they promised. Strong in will or whatever that means. Then trailers would show her being constantly physically attacked, brutalised and mixed in with the most token of weak gestures to try and visually paint her as someone tough. Ooh, she stares down Leviathan. Ooh, she brushes aside the guns of Niflheim soldiers, even though they have NO reason to be pointing guns at her to begin with. Who were you kidding?

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret failed even the near-rock bottom expectations I had for her. I think she is the worst heroine in Final Fantasy. No contest. Cindy and Aranea are easily the better female characters who could have been the heroines themselves. Fuck, at least those two ARE characters.

The ending is actually the one thing the story does get right, funnily enough. It's not the greatest ending ever by any means, but when nearly everything else has been so haphazardly cut and glued together, the ending at least packs some decent emotional payoff.

I think what they could have done was to show more of the dawn. Show us glimpses of the survivors gazing at the light for the first time after a decade of darkness. This was an ample opportunity to just give us a final glimpse of the surviving named characters, because Chapter 14 sure as heck doesn't capitalise on it. Show us something that instills a bit of hope that the world can be rebuilt, and that Noctis's sacrifice has tangible meaning beyond oh hey, at least the sun is rising again, even though the world looks totally dead and the rest of the populace nowhere to be found.

The pre-Insomnia campfire flashback is great, as it's a scene I can reliably point out as evidence of the main cast - namely Noctis - in perhaps their most human-like moment. Frustratingly, I've seen people genuinely lambast this scene because it's an affront to their notions of masculinity or whatever. Yeah, how dare a guy crack and start tearing up knowing that a) he's going to die, and b) this will be the final occasion that four close friends who have shared and experienced so much are together like in the old days? How dare a guy emotionally tell his platonic male buddies how much he loves them and how much they mean to him?

But. The post-credits Titanic scene with Noctis and Luna presumably astride an afterlife throne is unnecessary and I feel it harms the game thematically. The real FFXV logo should have been the four of them with some depiction of a rising sun or something. Retrofitting the old logo to replace Etro with Luna is laughable, given how extraneous the character ended up being. The romance was never organically depicted and Luna never gave us a reason to give a damn about her that this afterlife saccharine ending feels utterly unearned. And here is King Regis narrating over it - a man whose relationship with his son is never even explored either beyond "oh he's my wayward son" before he kicked it in an extraneous side material movie. If SE wanted the Titanic scene to have had any impact, don't do it with two characters that are defined by their sheer absence.

Otherwise, if the bros have indeed all died, the afterlife ending should close with the four of them, reunited. Because they're the ones who truly matter. Not this boring, sterile, chemistry-free couple. For god's sake, the two of them were exchanging terse, bland messages to each other using a notebook. They were pen pals. Messages like "I have received your blessing, thank you". That's as romantic as a short text exchange between you and a local priest. Hell, they have mobile phones. Why is a dog carrying a book crossing dangerous lands and a sea just to exchange these single lines of correspondence ehdedjedhedhedeiodj

George Lucas wrote a better romance than this.

Well, the ending does feel emotional, after beating this game since I first watched it in 2006. I say it's time to close the book of FFXV and no need to do another FFXV-II

(I haven't finished the game yet but I've been actively looking at spoilers because the last update put in a survey and I want to know as much about what is to come so I can make my answers to the survey as effective and useful as possible and sorry for the rant. I just hate when they F**K up the ending.)

Do the guys really die at the end? I mean Gladio, Ignis and Prompto. God, I hope not.:cry: That would be a worse ending then what they did in my favorite Final Fantasy XII. Vaan and Penelo got their Airship, Balthier and Fran went on their merry way, and Ashe went back to rule Dalmasca. Even Larsa went back to business as usual. Basch, who sacrificed so much more then any of them, with the exception of Ashe who lost her husband and almost lost her kingdom got shafted six ways from Sunday - he lost his reputation and everyone in both kingdoms still thought he killed the king (thanks to his brother's betrayal), he lost his brother at the end and his rightful position in Dalmasca. He ended up impersonating his brother in his brothers armor and position because he had no other choice and being told - sorry bud "the times not right" for everyone to know the truth that HE didn't kill the king and turn traitor that was his twin brother framing him because the higher ups aren't willing or ready to accept the truth - maybe someday in the distant future but your happy ending ain't coming any time soon so forget about it.:xP: I thought that was a shit end to do to a character that should have been the main character in the first place (IMO) but killing off Gladio, Ignis and Prompto along with Noctis that's even shittier.

And now that everyone's dead, just who is ruling the kingdom? I'd like them to answer that in the ending besides dead father saying to dead son and dead daughter-in-law what amounts to "good job everyone".

I would like to see 2 more (games, not DLCs) for XV just to fill in the canyon sized gaps left in the story line - a story line that was too big for a single game in the first place. I would like to see the first continuation of XV about those 10 years that Noctis was cocooned in that crystal. What the other guys were doing, what kind of heroic missions were they going on to save their world when they didn't know if Noctis would ever come back, how the world changed. How Gladio, the sworn shield to the prince, handled what happened to Noctis, after all Episode Gladiolus was all about Gladio needing to proof that he was worthy to be the sworn shield to the prince. Not to mention how the hunts had changed, how Hammerhead became headquarters, etc. I think there can be a good game in there that should have been in the original XV (and a GAME not another freaking CGI movie - I hate when they put part of the game story line in an additional movie you have to view or worse yet BUY to get the whole story that should have been in the game in the first place). I would like to see a "next chapter" continuation of what happened after Noctis sacrificed himself that would give it some kind of a better ending (besides and they died happily ever after - THE END). Something along the lines of now that the last of the royal family is dead and there is no mini-me Noctis running around to eventually take over the thrown, what happens to the kingdom? Good that you saved the land, but the thrown is vacant for the next tyrant to take over and destroy everything all over again. The next chapter (game) being who takes over and how do they f**K things up (again) and (hopefully they haven't actually killed off the guys) the guys coming to the kingdoms rescue again, with Noctis' spirit to guide them and maybe if Ardyn was able to come back to reek havoc in the first game maybe Noctis and Luna can come back the same way to set things right at the end and if they did kill everyone off maybe whoever is running the show in the spirit world that Noctis and company went to can do their thing and bring the whole gang back. If they didn't actually show the guys dying or up in the spirit world maybe they can salvage that bit.

There's too many unanswered questions and too many loose ends and more DLCs then what is already planned won't cut it but maybe 2 more games to complete the story will. I mean they already have a lot of the graphics to start - the world just needs tweaking to make it fit a new part of the story and provided they didn't kill off Gladio, Ignis, and Prompto (or they create a way to bring them back) they have the character graphics as well.

And maybe everyone will think I'm crazy but I do plan to give the exact same opinion to Square Enix. I know they have that survey that was added with the last new update but I'm guessing there's no open ended questions to give details of what my opinion is. I like open ended questions in a video game survey. It provides the opportunity to really express an opinion. I've already had many opinions and thoughts about the game and have never been shy about sending them an email expressing my suggestions or observations. I think 8 or more times about this game alone by now. You know the old saying "squeaky wheel gets the grease", well I look at it as maybe "squeaky wheel " gets a better game.

If you go on Square Enix's website and scroll down to the bottom, click on support, click on the game you want to voice your opinion about, click on contact then scroll down and click on get support. It gives you a form to use to send them an email. Category - Game Contents, sub-category - Gameplay. I'd like to think they pass the information or suggestions on like they say they do.

Well a few things. First off, there is no implication that anyone but Noct dies at the end. So you're safe there. But beyond that, there's nothing post XV to continue from. The ending implies that the darkness -which entirely exists within Ardyn- is gone, and possibly even the line of Lucis kings who have kingly powers, since both the last king, and the Starscourge are gone. The empire is in ruins, and the world can free itself from their shackles. What happens to Lucis is pretty obvious, since Gladio, Ignis, Prompto, Cor, Cid, those running Altissia, etc., won't let it fall into the hands of someone corrupt. Who gains power is irrelevant, because it'd undoubtedly be someone trustworthy.

Also, just a quick note; Ardyn didn't come back from the dead or anything like that to wreak havoc. He was exiled (never explained in game properly) after absorbing the Starscourge in an attempt to save Lucis from the daemons. This rendered him immortal, and gave him is dark powers. But it also left him feeling betrayed. He didn't come back from death, and neither can anyone else.

The game's story definitely isn't too big for one game. In total, there are only maybe four to six hours of relevant events across the entire game. The problem is that they spent the other 50+ hours on meaningless side content and (admittedly great) character building. Had they focused more on the story, and less on open world fetch quests, it could've easily been a complete package.

Personally, I prefer endings that aren't all sunshine and rainbows. I like to see some sort of real struggle represented. For as much as the game messes up, I feel the ending to XV did that well. And while I'd like to see more stuff created in the Luminous Engine, maybe even in Eos, I don't want whole games that are direct sequel, prequels, or in-between-quels to XV; and this is coming from someone who enjoyed X-2, XIII-2, and XIII-3. If you can't tell your story in one 50 hour game, most of the time you're doing it wrong (there are exceptions of course). I'd rather XV stay what it is than become more of a rambling mess of events than it already is by introducing more sequels and such. I just don't think it's salvageable, nor do I think it's a deep/unique enough mythos to continue on from.

I know I'm weird in how I play my video games. I do the equivalent of turning a movie into a long running tv series. Others take 50 or 60 hours to complete the game, I always take considerably more time with my games. I'm at almost 400 hours now and I haven't even set sail. So, to me those gaps are like watching a 10 season tv series but only having seasons 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, and the first half of 10. Most people wouldn't care but to me it matters. I get invested in the characters - be it video games, movies or tv series. I think the other 3 are just as important as Noctis so to have that 10 year gap that's barely explained and not included in the game play doesn't set well - like the others didn't matter enough to bother with their story when without them Noctis wouldn't have the support he needed to accomplish his mission. As far as the ending, I do like happy endings in my games and in my entertainment in general. When I played Deus Ex on PS3 it had 3 alternative endings, each of which earned a separate trophy. I never did get all three because 2 of the endings required me to choose to drown the main character and after spending so much time "with" the main character watching the story line unfold as I played the game I just couldn't do it. If a game has a choice, kill one good character to save another and it's at all possible I do my best to find another solution where I don't have to kill either character.

I'm really the type of person that if I really like a character in a game and they come out with a new game with that same character, I'll buy it for that reason alone. But on the other hand, come out with a continuation of a game with totally different characters and it takes a lot for me to want to play it. So, for me, if they came out with another game with just Gladio, Ignis and Prompto during those 10 years when Noctis was MIA, I'd buy it even if it meant going to a different game system to play it, which I did for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided because it had Jensen in it again - bought the game first, the system second. The same with a continuation to the ending of XV, if it had the 3 friends, I'd buy it solely based on that.

I'm just weird like that. :updown:

Well that survey is only a single multiple choice question, and it offers that 10 year interim as a potential DLC option to vote for. They will bever make a sequel about that, so if you want it, you might think to vote for it.

Also... 400 hours? You... are... crazy :P

Well that survey is only a single multiple choice question, and it offers that 10 year interim as a potential DLC option to vote for. They will bever make a sequel about that, so if you want it, you might think to vote for it.

First, thanks for the information. That is VERY helpful. That is the choice I'll make and hope they make it good, more like Deus Ex Missing Link and less like the 3 Episode. Something I can get at least a couple hundred hours out of. To bad no open ended questions - I LOVE open ended questions.

Also... 400 hours? You... are... crazy :P

You don't know the half of it. :D I also like to listen to game music depending on what game it came from.

I like to get my money's worth out of my games so I can't stand short games and anything I can't stretch out over the course of at lease a couple weeks I consider short. I don't buy many games and most of them used and I don't buy a "new" system unless I already have a game to play on it. The only time I have ever pre-ordered a game is the re-release of Final Fantasy XII that comes out next month. If they do come out with other XV games like they did with XIII then I'll buy them without seeing the trailers as long as they have the 3 remaining friends. If it's another group of friends then I'll have to see the trailer first before deciding. My PS4 is the first system That I've bought over 3 games for. I rarely buy games new or systems. FF XII is the exception.

I generally prefer a game to be at the length that matches the development goals. I stopped caring about length a long time ago. I realized that I can't get back the time I spend, so I prefer to spend it on excellent experiences, rather than on a handful of great experiences surrounded by tons of monotonous ones. I hate when games manipulate me and waste my time. I'd always rather have something shorter but more polished and memorable, or more replayable, than have something long where most of my time is spent doing nothing relevant to the core experience. I'll gladly play something like Sonic 3 & Knuckles over and over because it never wastes my time. It's only a three hour game, but I've played it for hundreds of hours. But I find Elder Scrolls games harder and harder to enjoy for more than two dozen hours, because so much of it is mindless tedium. Despite having hundreds of hours of quests and dungeons, it's spread so thin that very little of it is terribly engaging. Put something like Final Fantasy VII or IX in front of me and I'll complete nearly everything. Put XV in front of me in a few years, and I guarantee that I'll skip probably 50% of the content.

That's honestly what bothers me the most about XV's story. Like I said before, they had more than enough game time to fill with all of the missing story. But instead of being a concise and focused open world like GTA V, it chose the 'throw as many quests in as you can' design of an Ubisoft open world. I feel the focus on making sure the open world felt expansive and filled with content is what truly damned the story. They just didn't have the time to do both, and sacrifices had to be made. It's why so many of the systems feel half finished as well.

Don't get me wrong. I still think it's a pretty good game. But compared to something like FFXII, where every facet of it (other than those last few superbosses) is so cohesive and focused, XV feels really scattered, messy, and half finished.

Back