FFX - Yay or nay to remake?

If Square Enix made a FFX Remake, Yay..Or Nay?

• Yes, I'd be happy with it.

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Indifferent.

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • No, I like it as it is.

Votes: 15 42.9%

• Total voters
Wow this could be cool ! But I'm not sure the 2 universes could merge into one? I'am a huge fan of FFX but doesn't like the meca-universe of FF7 (btw I played the remake and liked it anyway). To conclude, I understand a remake of FF10 isn't a priority, I am so in love with this game that I crave a deeper universe of the game, just to replay it (I am a bit tired of doing X times the same game ahah)
Yeah, the creators have stated a connection between the two games numerous times. I'm cautious about it. Spiritually speaking there are some similarities, but the aesthetics of the world and the appearance of the planets are very different. However, they don't need to be the same planet for it to be a shared universe. It is speculated by those who want to embrace this connection that there was a migration of Spirans (including FFX-2's Shinra into FFVII's Planet). Cosmic migrations aren't entirely new to the FFVII mythos (Omega Weapon, Jenova, etc) or the Final Fantasy franchise in general.

I myself am more cautious about the idea. I don't think I want these two games (which I love on their own) to be merged into one. I do suspect we might see enough Easter eggs to continue to tease the connection though.

FFX doesn't need a remake. It's great as it is.
Blitzball is not as fun as it originally came out. It's difficult to have a clear idea when there are so many acronyms to concentrate on. And the camera shifts completely when the players move to a certain place.

Today is FFX's 20th anniversary! How on Spira is this game two decades old?

I stumbled upon this truly stunning animation video to mark the anniversary.

This is perhaps the closest we’ll get to imagining a FFX remake in a while, and to be honest I would not complain if we had a remake (or even a sequel, etc) that captured the feeling of the world of Spira like this video has.

Back