Help [FFX] double and triple ap weapons

justastranger

Gil
I've been lvl-ing at the omega dungeons for quite some time now. :) But I really want to move forward and lvl faster. :) I've read about the double and triple ap weapons. And that u can get those from oneEye @coloseum. But all those basterds at the coloseum are still to strong for me. :(

Is there a special trick in beating-up good old oneEye?

This is the item list from FFX. This list has them in alphebetical order. The items that you want to look at are:

Wings to Discovery - Triple AP

Megalixirs - Double AP

Winning Formulas - Triple Overdrive

Underdog's Secret - Double Overdrive

Doors to Tommorow - Overdrive = AP

If you want to level up faster, there's a trick with one of the Area Creations, Don Tonberry. He'll counter attack any attack done to him with Karma which hits the character who attacked based on how many fiends s/he has finished off.

A weapon with Overdrive=AP on it will win you an enormous amount of experience depending on what overdrive mode you have. If you've killed alot of monsters with the charater you're trying to lvl up, then set his Overdrive Mode to 'Stoic'; if they haven't killed a lot of fiends, then set his Overdrive to 'Comrade' and bring in a character that has a lot of kills in to attack Don Tonberry.

Last edited:
Yeah Ive done the Don Tonberry trick, its really sweet. But only got 2 double AP weapons and i want more. :)
I have to bribe mobs, to get these items right? You happen to know a good way to earn money fast?

For Gil, go around the Omega Ruins until you come across a Zaurus with a treasure chest next to it. Steal the chest, and sometimes a Mimic will come out of it. Win this battle and you'll get 50,000 gil. It is better if you have the Gillionaire ability customised on one of your weapons. Rikku's Godhand (Celestial Weapon) has it but you can customise it using Designer Wallets, I believe, which you can Mug from Cactuar King in the Monster Arena. It's a rare steal, though, so Mug him while you have Master Thief customised on your weapon (30 Pendulums - open 4 chests during the Chocobo race at Remiem Temple).

Once you have Gillionaire, make sure the character who has it is in the party when you win the battle and then that will double the amount of gil you get, i.e. you can get 100,000 gil per Mimic.

The Tonberry trick will get you enough Sphere levels to walk the grid enough to kill the species creations. The One-Eye's not really too hard if you have a few Celestial Weapons. Tidus or Wakka can both take him out in one overdrive (Blitz Ave, or Attack Reels with three 2hits) as long as they have a decent STR stat. After that, it's only a matter of time before he's dropping Triple AP weapons.

Last edited:
If you've killed alot of monsters with the charater you're trying to lvl up, then set his Overdrive Mode to 'Stoic'; if they haven't killed a lot of fiends, ?????

== === crossword puzzles ===

Last edited:
Back