FFX-2 Love it or Hate it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also played X-2 before X only because the game store closest to me didn't have it new and the only X they had was covered in scratches. The cashier warned me that I probably wouldn't like it and I have to say, it's not as bad as people say.

I enjoyed the dresspheres and the fact that it was easy to level up the party. With X and XII, I feel like I constantly need to switch members to level everyone equally so X-2 is kind of easy in a way. It's a good game to play when I don't have a lot of time or when I just want to play for a bit and not have to get into serious leveling.

I didn't mind the skimpier outfits, those were actually something I enjoyed.

sorry man but they should of left it at 10 there was no need for 10-2, yes the job system was ok and but it cant beat summonings. you have to say 10 is the better game/

Last edited:
I played and beat it.
I'd give it 5.5/10. I think it is moderate.
I like it because:
The Job system.
The story can be played in any order.
The Battle System.
I hate it because:
Bosses can get ridicuously difficult.
It takes a very, very long time to complete.
They got rid of the sphere grids.

Dresspheres didnt fail, it was the Garment Grids that failed. Pointless, and the power ups were kinda...well, I never noticed them.

i realy dont like X2 and what it had to offer, dresheres werent bad but it failed, as for the garment grids what a crock of sh*t.
Iv completed 6,7,8,9,1010-2 and 12 and i can only say one thing square soft made better games.
since they changed to square enix i havent played one good game by them, not just final fantasy all there games. they best not fail me with XIII.
i miss old school final fantasy.

ffX2 was not a good game i cryed all the way to the end and then snapped the disc
but i suppose its for girls

Wow I was just playing this game today (after a long FF break)
I don't think it's as bad as a lot of people say it is. The storyline isn't as strong as FFX's but I still really like it :)

Lets face it, Final Fantasy 10-2 was a fan service game more than a true sequel. The storyline was decent but a disappoint towards the end. I wanted to see Tidus, not some look alike. I do like the fact that they brought back the level system after the mistake in 10, and they also brought back the job change system. It was an alright game, but not worthy as a top Final Fantasy. What it did bring to us was the first true Final Fantasy sequel which opening the doors for other Final Fantasy sequels, and hopefully some more in the future.

I agree that in one way Final Fantasy X-2 was more for the fans, it was also the game I wouldn't have invisioned a sequel to and was a shock to have the first true Final Fantasy sequal to. Still, as bad as it may be I still enjoyed it. Rikku and Yuna are my favourite characters and although I remain dissappointed in their change of personality and attitude the gameplay of the game was rather enjoyable. I loved the dresspheres a lot and had a great time playing through the game but several things did bug me a lot;

The useless Garment Grid, the annoying side game of Sphere Break, unable to actually play Blitzball and also the fact of doing most of the story through sphere cameras - it bored the hell out of me. A good concept but I fall asleep through those. >.<

Still overall I enjoy the game and have done several play throughs. Not the best Final Fantasy game but its good for a few laughs and to cheer me up. XD

Hate it,x was great,but the makeover yuna got just made her look so,sluttish,butthey screwed up big time with it,like they did with DoC

I love this game, and the story, but don't like the battle system, or the jobs/classes, maybe i can give this, 7/10

Alright well ill be honest....I like the game. The reason why its just because its another final fantasy game, and its just another bit to the story. Than again Yuna shooting guns, its all good. lol It wasn't all that bad either I dont think. So it was cool. I love it.

LOVED IT! Loved the ATB element, they brought it old school with the job classes, the graphics, story, even the cheesy pop music. This was a very refreshing FF to play and I enjoyed the battle system.

I don't love it nor hate it. It is one of my favorites, but its on the edge of whatever and awesome. Mostly because I can't seem to finish the game, I struggle and struggle at the same boss not being able to kill him, and as I refuse to look for help/hints on the internet my pride > the game.

I give it 8/10.

I'm glad so many people liked it!

For me, it was like the famous old 1800s Punch cartoon, "The Curate's Egg" --
"How was your egg, sir?"
"Portions of it were excellent."

I think that the style didn't fit the epic-mythic-tragic style of Final Fantasy X. It was very jarring to me having Yuna and friends as teeny bopper Charlie's Angels, fashion and dress-up accessories (I am a female gamer who plays FF games, and I want weapons and good plot, not fashion Barbie), and strange distortions of good characters like Isaaru and Rin turned into sleezy game show hosts.

Yet the gameplay and combat system made sense. It just didn't work as a FFX spin-off for me. I kept thinking
Auron sacrificed his whole life for THIS?! Las Vegas in the Calm Lands? Zanarkand turned into Disneyland? REALLY!?

Which was the point, but it was painful!

On the other hand, I thought the Crimson Squad backstory was very interesting, and I liked the characters.

The main plot with Vegnagun seemed poorly developed compared to some other storylines in the franchise, but it worked okay.

Also, apart from the big FMV musical numbers, the soundtrack didn't work for me.

So I give it about a 5 out of 10. Didn't hate it, but I found more to dislike than to like. Yet I'm glad I played it. Does that make sense?

this game was wierd but i loved it, first time i played it i didnt know what i was doing and went to all hotspots first i finished the game before i knew what was happening so i hated it then. but i tried again a couple years later and it turned out to be pretty good i liked the trio and all the fancy dress spheres. i did decide to follow a 100% completion guide to get the special ending but i messed it up.

Final Fantasy X-2 was not my favorite FF. And comparing it to FFX is just stupidity. The two will never rank in the same league. That said however. I did indeed enjoy X-2. The whole dressphere theme was a lot of fun for me, and I quite enjoyed the challenges, especially in the Via Infinito.. or whatever it's called... memory fails me atm.. I think that's it, but anyway.. Elder Drake and certainly others that don't need to be named, very difficult, but at the same time fun. I enjoyed it overall and would have to fall in the category of loving it. :P

Ah, yes. Final Fantasy X-2. So far, this is one of the bigger redheaded stepchildren of the franchise. I played the heck outta it(hit 97% on first playthrough), printed a walkthrough(courtsey of gamefaqs, who saved me money on an "official" guide). I really enjoyed the game and it hold a special place in my heart. It's one of my -"Games That Should Have Never Been FF," but I still like it. I'll break it down like this:

The Good

Getting Airship control right off the bat is a major bonus.

I loved saving the chocobos. :)

The job system, was fun(other than the uneeded Sailor Moon-like transformations)as well as switching jobs in mid battle. That was very handy.

The fast paced combat, which was fun. I constantly set mine to fastest and I like the flow of it.

Yuna's voice acting and character. It was nice to see her with some backbone, and I actually liked her switch to a gunner. I think the character really progressed in the couple of years between games.

Paine(yes, I liked her a lot!), and her backstory. She was a very needed change of pace for me in this bubbly goofy game. "Gimmie Y! Gimmie R!" "Gimmie a break." Priceless. The Cavern of Woe story was compelling to me.

The reunions of the old characters and catching up with the world in general. Except Bartello and DONA!

There wasn't many FMVs, but they did really add to the story and those that were there were great.

1000 Words. 'Nuff said.

The Bad

It's too open ended. It seems unfair to be overly careful just to not miss huge chunks of the plot. Speaking of which...

The main plot(love story) seems to get lost w/in political drama. Um, hello, Tidus? Anyone? Um, Vegagun? Destruction of the world? Guess we'll get back to that.

The tone change was too drastic. Granted, I can understand why the people are Spria are happier, and the music(see below) had to reflect that. But it left some parts of the game feeling vapid and unimportant to me.

So, it's a sequel. I get that. I also get that they reuse graphics. I can live with that. But they cut out a lot of Spira's surface world, which was kind of disappointing to me.

The Ugly...No, I Mean UGLY

The music was not just bouncy, constant J-Pop. No, it was mostly annoying J-Pop. Some of the combat/boss music wasn't bad, but I mainly shudder at the soundtrack. Also, they named the concert Yunapalozza? *thud*

Rikku's voice actor. I didn't know that she was the voice of Bubbles until after I started playing this game. I really didn't like the way she whined("Yunie!" *throw controller*), nor did I like how dumbed down they really made her in this game.

Key Annoying NPCs: Clasko just irritates me. What's with his fixation on all things chocobo? Nevermind, I don't want to know. This game also has Brother. Lots and lots of Brother. His...interest in Yuna aside, his voice acting is horrid and he flails around like a monkey on crack.

For 100% completion, you will have to watch 30-45mins(no, I'm serious) of Sphere footage. I wish I was joking. Oh, and you have to move the camera around and check the same area repeatedly. You also have to hear Maelchen talk endlessly, without interuptions.

In all, I have to say that I mostly love this game. I wish it wasn't a sequel to X, mainly because I think the game would have been better focusing on the politics and leaving the love story alone. I picked it up used for $10 and it was a good price for this game. If you can get past the pop concert intro, you may be in for a very fun game.

edit: Sorry about that. Whoa, wall of text! If you've made it to the end, good job. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back