FFVI General Discussion

yup he's gone.

There's no chance to get him back.

That's a crucial point in the game, the way it's designed..and yuo have to read a faq or ask someone who has played it to know that.

I think I killed Shadow :(. I'm playing FF6 right now and it's the first time I got to the World of Ruin.
I was trying to use as little of a guide as possible, and had no idea I was supposed to wait for him on the Floating Continent :O. (I was in a hurry at the time)
... I was planning on having him in my final team too...
There's no way to get him back right?
/getting out my frustrations

Aside from that, the game has been absolutely brilliant <3.

(SPOILERS TO GET SHADOW!)

If you didn't wait for him on the Floating Continent, then it is impossible to get him back without Gameshark or some other form of cheating.

If you did wait for him on the FC, then in the world of ruin, in cave in the Veldt, you get one of his weapons. Keep it, do not sell it.

Then go to the Colosseum and then bet it. You'll get a battle with him. :)

Does anyone else absolutely LOVE Kefka's crazy laughter? It's so funny because it happens all of a sudden in many parts of the game and then BAM some crazy surprise from the man himself. I enjoyed that laughter so much that I set it as one of the sounds for my msn. So now whenever someone from my contacts list signs in, I hear Kefka's laugh. It spooked me out twice already, but that's the way I love it.

His laughter is great!

I remember before I started to play it on the Snes. (brother's game at the time) I'd hear his laughter and thought it was real. I hear it now, and it doesn't sound bad necessarily, but not as real sounding as I remembered.

Hearing it now though, brings back memories of my first play. Of course I couldn't really understand the game at the point, but I remember Terra, Kefka and Celes' character from old memories the most.

His laughter is both hilarious, scary and original.

Kefka's laugh sounds so weird, I think he's definitley one of the highlights of the game though. He's amusing yet so insane it's unreal.
Or he's just so far driven to that point at least.
I've not actually finished FFVI, I should really play it and finish it sometime. D=

Am I the only one who thought it kinda sounded like he was saying "Wbaa wbaa" or "whaa whaa"? I think hear "b" sounds in it, which is why there is a thought that doesn't think it sounds much like real laughter anymore...
You should definitely finish FFVI! Its so fun and sad, and awesome.
bj71bc.gif

I can always get Hypnotoad to make you of course ;)

It does sound a bit like that yeah, it's really odd sounding. xD

I got up to Kefka's tower on my first game, I just never got round to finishing it for some reason, that was about two years ago now.
They should re release the older ones on PSN since they've done VII, VIII and IX.
Can't see it happening though.

It does sound a bit like that yeah, it's really odd sounding. xD

I got up to Kefka's tower on my first game, I just never got round to finishing it for some reason, that was about two years ago now.
They should re release the older ones on PSN since they've done VII, VIII and IX. Can't see it happening though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyZoe-r9qb0
:)

I don't see it happened either, since they basically said the GBA was the FF6 remake :/

Well, are you stuck on the tower? Can't find the route? I could get you a big ole map with spots where treasure and doors are, if ya want. :>

Ooh, that would be nice. I do remember getting confused as to which party went where and how it all worked. xD
I should really start it again soon, but i'd need to buy a copy of it, the last time I played it was via different means and I want to play it properly the next time I play it.

Well, when ever you need it, the map will be here! Ignore the white (transparent) pieces, its part I couldn't rip right lol
http://i56.tinypic.com/el5tgy.jpg
Red Squares = Boxes and Switches
Blue Lines = Doors
Blue Line with Red = Last door on Top Level.

Whenever you pick up again, I hope the map helps. If you need more of the inner maps, just say so!
h3.png

(SPOILERS TO GET SHADOW!)

If you didn't wait for him on the Floating Continent, then it is impossible to get him back without Gameshark or some other form of cheating.

If you did wait for him on the FC, then in the world of ruin, in cave in the Veldt, you get one of his weapons. Keep it, do not sell it.

Then go to the Colosseum and then bet it. You'll get a battle with him.

LOL! I totally remember how crazy complicated that was. That's what I love about FF series back in the snes days. I mean you had A Link to the Past, Mario World, and then there was FF III (US ver) or as I called it back then "that russian game (because the opening reminded me of Russia for whatever reason)". Anywho, I started that game by hating it, then later on loving it because I was much older when I gave the cartridge a try.

That is quite a tricky part of the game. I noticed the difficulty suddenly rose when I went there, and that's considering I visited most of the bonus parts just before going to the tower (I had to check with the walkthrough though to see which bonuses parts there were in the game). So I'd advise some levelling up and also try to have at least 1 mage per party that has useful skills, such as Cura/Curaga, Protect/Shell, Haste/Slow, Firaga/Thundaga/Blizzaga, Raise/Arise/Re-raise, and anything like Ultima is gonna be a huge plus.

You know, Kefka's laugh is so addictive to listen to. I ended up replaying that video in a link above a few times.

Well, when ever you need it, the map will be here! Ignore the white (transparent) pieces, its part I couldn't rip right lol
http://i56.tinypic.com/el5tgy.jpg
Red Squares = Boxes and Switches
Blue Lines = Doors
Blue Line with Red = Last door on Top Level.

Whenever you pick up again, I hope the map helps. If you need more of the inner maps, just say so!
h3.png
Thanks for that, i'll be sure to use it so I don't get lost on my next try of the game. :lew:

That is quite a tricky part of the game. I noticed the difficulty suddenly rose when I went there, and that's considering I visited most of the bonus parts just before going to the tower (I had to check with the walkthrough though to see which bonuses parts there were in the game). So I'd advise some levelling up and also try to have at least 1 mage per party that has useful skills, such as Cura/Curaga, Protect/Shell, Haste/Slow, Firaga/Thundaga/Blizzaga, Raise/Arise/Re-raise, and anything like Ultima is gonna be a huge plus.

You know, Kefka's laugh is so addictive to listen to. I ended up replaying that video in a link above a few times.

When I try it again I think i'll be more prepared as I started struggling more and more as WoR started.
I think the magic system is one of the best parts of FFVI, it kind of reminds me of FFIX's, which I also loved.
True, it did seem a bit tedious learning the larger abilities sometimes. I still enjoyed that feature nonetheless.

And the great thing is, once the character learnt the ability they can use it all they like; unlike FFV, where you have a mere 1 slot and loads of ability groups to choose from. Makes it seem like all the time you spent on learning those is wasted.

Thanks for that, i'll be sure to use it so I don't get lost on my next try of the game. :lew:

You're welcome! There are factory rooms too, but if you try and again and get stuck, just say so and I'll post a map of a trail to take. :>

LOL! I totally remember how crazy complicated that was. That's what I love about FF series back in the snes days. I mean you had A Link to the Past, Mario World, and then there was FF III (US ver) or as I called it back then "that russian game (because the opening reminded me of Russia for whatever reason)". Anywho, I started that game by hating it, then later on loving it because I was much older when I gave the cartridge a try.

Did you get any of the boxes? If I remember correctly, there is a box with a boss that, if defeated, hands over a weapon for Cyan. If I remember correctly. I ran out of space to save a new game, so I have played a new game in a few years. :gonk: Good thing I just got a memory card! :D

Glad you ended up loving it, Mangaman!
6xt26q1.png

And the great thing is, once the character learnt the ability they can use it all they like; unlike FFV, where you have a mere 1 slot and loads of ability groups to choose from. Makes it seem like all the time you spent on learning those is wasted.
Although I love 5 with a passion, that did kinda of annoy me. I wanted them to use a few of the abilities, but I was so restricted.

The thing that's so great about FF6, is that a character can learn anything. The game no longer has restrictions for the character -- which is awesome!
bj71bc.gif

That is a great feature, one of the favourite ones I found.
I don't generally like needing to equip something before I can use it, although equipping - gaining AP - learned and can use it at will. I can handle that, it's a good system to go by, probably why they replicated it in FFIX. (It's pretty much the same system)

I also liked how big the roster is for VI, it's 16 characters I think?
That's quite a lot, although I wasn't very fond of Umaro and Gogo, and Edgar seemed to lose his effectiveness in WoR.

That is a great feature, one of the favourite ones I found.
I don't generally like needing to equip something before I can use it, although equipping - gaining AP - learned and can use it at will. I can handle that, it's a good system to go by, probably why they replicated it in FFIX. (It's pretty much the same system)

I also liked how big the roster is for VI, it's 16 characters I think?
That's quite a lot, although I wasn't very fond of Umaro and Gogo, and Edgar seemed to lose his effectiveness in WoR.

That's the reason I love 9 so much. I heard it wasn't very high in the equip system and such, but then I got the game and instantly fell in love. I've never done that with another FF game besides 6, 5 and 4. :eek: Its nice that a similar system was implemented into 9. :>

I always count 14, 15 if you count the Ghost as a party member, or 16 if you count the flaw in the Snes version where you can get the Emperor -- not sure if that one is even true. lol

I liked that part of V though; it meant that you had to make your 4 characters different to get the right balance, plus I liked how there really wasn't one dominating job/ability in that game (no Ultima, no over-powered summon etc). One of the reasons why V is up there with VI in my personal FF ranking is this. The number of ways in which you can 'customize' your party in V just made the characters seem more special and personal to the player.

I never like it when once you learn everything, everyone just ends up being pretty much the same (like in VII, VIII, X, XII) and are only separated by their limit moves.

It was different in VI though, since every character was so different and they all had their uses with their unique ability commands. It was just incredible how, despite the massive number of playable characters, I didn't dislike a single character in this game (maybe Relm, but she's not as bad as the likes of Vaan, Cait Sith etc).

I may have to start a new game of this, having remembered about the part where the three parties that got separated meet up at Narshe and fight together in that epic battle against Kefka's troops. Quite possibly one of my favorite battles in any FF.

I am enjoying FFV too actually. Even though the story is rather cliched and characters aren't as developed in personalities as FFVI, it's still a rather lighthearted game with a nice gameplay. The job system is really fun indeed. It's just I wish characters had more ability slots. I mean right now I got Bartz to take the swordsman route (Knight, Mystic Knight, Samurai), Lenna the battlemage route (Red mage, Ninja), Faris pure mage route (red mage, white mage, chemist, summoner, time mage) and Galuf God knows what (Monk, Geomancer, Dragoon), you still find it you run out of options.

But anyways, back to FFVI. I have to say I agree with how great the characters are. I am not fond of Gau only. Don't know why. He just annoys me. But all the others I really like, considering how different they all are.

I did love that part too where all 3 parties came back to Narshe to make a stand against Kefka. I liked the whole "story splits into 3 parts" section just before it as well. It was great. Whilst playing one of them, I kept wondering what's happening to the others in a meantime. What a way to build curiosity.

PS: I really enjoyed FFIX too.

But anyways, back to FFVI. I have to say I agree with how great the characters are. I am not fond of Gau only. Don't know why. He just annoys me.

Ah, i'm not a big Gau fan myself either. I knew there was one I was forgetting. I didn't care for his fighting style all that much, I prefer to be in control of my characters.

I did love that part too where all 3 parties came back to Narshe to make a stand against Kefka. I liked the whole "story splits into 3 parts" section just before it as well. It was great. Whilst playing one of them, I kept wondering what's happening to the others in a meantime. What a way to build curiosity.

I think that was one of my favourite moments to be honest, I loved the way it did that. It was executed rather well I must say.

Back