Help [FFIV] Few quick questions

lc hammer

Lali-Ho!
Gil
1. I just went back to earth after getting FuYoSa and I have to go into the giant of babel... but I realized I didnt do everything I could, so will I be able to do other stuff when on earth when I'm done with him (get Odin, level up, etc)?.

2. Wheres a really good place to EXP? My characters are all about level 40 (except for fuyosa) but I want to get them higher. And fighting enemies in cave of bahumut is getting old, so if anyone has a location where enemies have much exp thats appreciated.

3. What level range should my characters be in for the final boss?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Moved to LI Help Booth.

I can't help you much with Four...I've only just recently started it. Someone else will turn up soon enough to help, though. :monster:

For earth exploration, yes, after the Giant of Babel you will be able to explore to do whatever it is you like afterwards.

For EXP i'd suggest that you use Lunar Subterrane and, once done with the Giant of Babel, use the final dungeon.

For the boss, i've never won but i'd take a guesstimate of around 70 to 80.

The lunar subterran is not even available until after the Giant of babyl.

Moon surface is a good place to train. Fight lunar worms to get to recommended level.

I would recommend at least lv. 50 for when inside the giant and you have to fight *Spoiler alert*
the four archfiends inside the giant and the CPU.

As for the final boss, I would recommend you be lv. 85. Any higher and it gets easier.

Hope that helps.

I dunno about you, but playing FF4 DS -- Level 75ish seems pretty damn viable if you want to go against Zeromus. I thought some of the bosses in this game were easier than the random encounters personally, especially those damn Druids [or whatever they were called in DS] in the lunar subterrane.

If you are playing SNES, your characters should be alright for the giant and the use the monsters around the giant to level up 3- 5 more levels before facing the bosses at the heart of the giant. If you are playing DS, was level 51 and got wasted by normal monsters around that place >_>, so suggest running like crazy till you see the Save Break with the Rabbit right next door and leveling up till your level 60 or a little higher...

The Odin question, got no idea because have never been bothered to try and get him, Bahamut supposedly helps you more during the final battle [ Don't know, haven't got there yet ] but have read walkthroughs online in the past that Bahamut is better when facing Zeromus, and Odin doesn't really seem that much important [ ? could be wrong]

SNES version, The final dungeon should be the prefect place to level up. DS is really unsure and you seem to get every low EXP for almost everywhere that go. Sorries.

SNES- Level 60 is the Final Boss Rule, but have heard that Zeromus can be toughie because of his infamous BIG BANG, would say maybe level 74- 76. And if you fail with those levels try again with level 80. But Level 60 should be the mark to beating him.

DS- Feels like its going to be level 90, it seriously does. ;___:

Level 60 for the giant is over kill. I was late 40's to early 50's when I beat that place. Just put brace and draw attack on Cecil. Counter attack (drop white magic for that since at that point it does little to help the party) is another good if you still want him doing damage. Though I gave him the defender sword instead of Excalibur for the 20 defense it adds. Sure it's physical but it's still better then nothing. Cecil makes a grate tank since he gets the most hp. Dual cast on Rosa also helps along with mp +50%. I'm at the final boss and I'm only in my mid 50's (56 highest). Admittedly, I'll end up gaining a few levels due to still needing to get the ultimate weapons.

Ya, my strategy is what I'd recommend given that you don't have any good augment setups. At all. The only thing worthwhile about mine was Counter on cecil.

Back