FFIII - Worth Getting?

It's a great game, with a few sidequests that are interesting, it's one of the first FFies, so you have to bare in mind that they can't give it more story. It's fine the way it is. And its one of those FFies that you can just keep pressing the attack button and win a battle, you actually have to use tactics. Just as an example of it's difficulty, I'll tell you that it's normal for your regular (not boss) enemies to be able to kill you within 4-5 hits. It's also fairly long. A good 30 hours, average, of play time (50-60+ hours if you count the amount of time you'll spend training).

depends on what you want. overall 3 is one of the better final fantasy's . the job system is awesome, but it also makes it more of a challange . the storyline is average, but very good for back then..

You should buy FFIII, especially on DS. It is a great game and probably the best RPG on DS, excluding Pokemon and the forthcoming FFIV DS. You really should play it, if you like old FF, like FFX, FFVIII, etc. Don't buy it, however, if you like FFXII (I don't!!). Personally, I have just started a new game in FFIII DS and I can say that the game rocks!

I like FFIII and FFXII, the that comment loses some potency =P
It's a great little game for the DS, and it's actually one of the more challenging FFs I've played -

Seriously. The One-And-Only-Time that I've beaten the Cloud of Darkness must've been a complete fluke. I've tried it since and epically phailed.

I've wanted a challenging FF for a long while, and FFIII certainly delivers in that aspect.

Final Fantasy III is definitely worth getting. It has great graphics, music, and most of all, gameplay. The story is not so good, but what do you expect from a remake of an 8-bit game? The job system is really cool, I love it. (though I know some of you hate it) If you like III get V. V has an even more expansive job system than III.

If your looking for that basic Final Fantasy experience, then go for FFIII. Though it's storyline is not really much to write home about, the rest of it makes a pretty enjoyable experience. The job system is pretty good, and the graphics are good for the DS. It does make pretty enjoyable gameplay overall. So yeah, it is worth getting.

Personally I love this game. The gameplay, job system, worlds and graphics (for DS) are all good. Of course, the storyline & character development is very simple but it suffices for me as it was one of the earlier Final Fantasy installments.

Even though the story is super simple I found it fun to play and it was definitely challenging at some parts.

So yes :D Definitely worth getting.

Uhm yeah you definitely wanna check this one out, I haven't played the DS remake(but I really want too, it looks fricking sweet). But yeah I really did like FF3. And FF6 advance the later version.

Check it out.

Why does everyone keep saying it's hard? I suppose if you don't train up it is but one of the points of games like Final Fantasy is you do train up (I recommend the underwater cave). I won at lvl 65 with ease.

Anyway it's ok, the job system isn't particularly good though.

FFIII marks the beginning of a much loved tradition in the FF series (which sadly enough has not been used as often as many fans would like) i.e. the job system. Players have the opportunity to change their characters classes as they wish. The choice is ample and the benefits are many. Needless to say this installment is one to get, it's one of the first FFs that allow the player to almost fully customize his/her party. This, added to an epic storyline and memorable instances (the Onion Knight to name one) is a welcome addition to any RPG fan's game library. I'll not spoil anything for anyone wanting to purchase this title all I can say is: Enjoy!!!

I loved this game. It has everything... good graphics and monsters, loads of weapons, and even a bit of storyline alongside HUGE replay value. Best game for the DS ever played. It is SO worth getting.

I loved this game. It has everything... good graphics and monsters, loads of weapons, and even a bit of storyline alongside HUGE replay value. Best game for the DS ever played. It is SO worth getting.

It's good that you 're talking about the DS version wich i have never seen in my life :wacky:
But if the remake values of it come close to the Origins one of FFI & FFII in PS then it should be propably worth the buying.

I wouldn't recommend the NES version though :gasp:

Only for the Die-hard 8-bit fans!

I just got killed by Cloud of Darkness on my 1st attempt tonight, although I do think I came VERY close to victory.

This game is great! The soundtrack rocks, the graphics are very nice (although more use of the dual-screen would have been welcome), and the battle and job system is very fun and challenging!

Not being able to buy Phoenix downs makes it tough, but there is one enemy you can manage to steal some from ;)
I'm hoping to complete this game within the next couple of days.
On my 2nd play-through, I'll pursue the Mognet side-quests.

If you have a DS, get this game and you won't regret it!

well i've only played the ds version of this and it was pretty cool actually. i didn't really grow attached the characters since you could change the job classes and stuff but i really did like the job classes even if it took away from the story. it was lots of fun having basically 20 different characters for you to possibly use. On the other hand the job classes were kind of a pain because the only way to get 9999hp was to use the black belt whenever you were going to level up. Back on topic though, i would give the game a 7/10. worth getting =)

uhh... is this the SNES FFIII or the DS FFIII.. DS FFIII frikin suck... however, It was my stupidity for not doin g my research. I thought it was SNES FFIII made in 3D format

uhh... is this the SNES FFIII or the DS FFIII.. DS FFIII frikin suck... however, It was my stupidity for not doin g my research. I thought it was SNES FFIII made in 3D format
This is for the DS version of the real Final Fantasy III; not FFVI which was called FFIII years ago on the SNES. That is in a different subforum called FFVI.

But yeah, FFIII for the DS. The one that just recently was released outside of Japan for the first time.

IMO, This game is not bad if ur really patient with it. And yeah, it is pretty difficult(cant buy phoenix downs XD) and the new jobs were fun. The thing i really hate was that u regularly encounter boring monsters like every 5 to 10 second... and it really ticks me off sometimes when im not in da mood (sometimes i wanna:eek:uttahere:) ... but other than that, it was a rewarding experience. U just gotta be PATIENT!. Hehehe...:D

To me FF3 is the most adorable FF I've ever played, I love the cartoony sprites and towns - reminds me very much of 9, whose style I also loved. Having played the original FF3 in its fan translated form, I was very curious to see how SE had revamped the game for today's standards and so far I am extremely impressed!! At the moment I'm on my way to Castle Argus and I am officially addicted to this game :)

I have to say this Final Fantasy can be fun but it is extremely frustrating at times. The reason I say this is because you face bosses at the end of the dungeon so if you die you have to get all the way back to the boss just to face him again. So say you were grinding and you happen to run into the boss. You die and then you have to go back to your last save. Why cant there be saves before bosses!

Back