Help FF8: the screen blacking out

Krisp

Pink Mage
Gil
Hi,

I'm playing through FF8 right now and I just fought Edea. I beat Seifer both times without problems, but as Edea entered the battle field, things started to get weird.

This definitely isn't the first time this has happened, I know this happened a few years ago and a few years before that too, both times I played this game (2004 & 2008). After drawing Alexander, the characters and the battle field start to slowly turn black. I summoned Leviathan and his mountain looked really creepy! I wish I could have shown it in my video but unfortunately I killed Edea before I could show it again.

Here's the video > link <

Has this happened to anyone else? I know the video quality is really bad but Edea really does look that horrible on my TV screen. Why does this happen? It's not just a fluke thing, it happens EVERY time I fight Edea! I'm playing the PlayStation 1 version of FF8.

note: I never *did* steal that item...

That is odd :hmmm: I haven't heard of the problem you speak of and I own the ps1 disks. However something similar has happened to another ps1 game I had because something happened to the disk. Maybe it's just a disk thing...How does the game play without you drawing Alexander? o.o

*Moved to FFVIII Help Booth*

I can't say I've ever had that happen to me before. It's odd. Maybe it's just a problem with the disk. Are there any scratches or smudges on it? :hmmm:

This is what the calll a disc error. You know how there is usally a flaw in about 1 out of every 7,500 ps1 discs. As long as you can play it be happy that you won the odds!

Back