[FF7] I hate this stupid game!!!

Creeper7000

Gil
I am at the Yuffie mission and I am going to the town of Wutai, and these stupid birds killed both cloud and Aerith!!! I can't even heal my entire team and I only freaking survived because Cid had the bolt ring on, meaning I got lucky!! Even then, I still had to waste an elixir on him just so I didn't get a stupid game over!! This area is so poorly designed and it is a wonder that this got past testing!!! I swear to god, this is the worst game of all time!! The graphics are bad and the story is awful, and this game is damn near unplayable!! This game just involves luck, and if you aren't lucky, chances are you are going to lose!! I swear to god. you wouldn't ever see any bullcrap on any other games, but this stupid husk of a game can just do crap like this and get away with it and be called one of the best games of all time??! This game is stupid and should have never been created! I can make a better game than this trash

Welcome to the forum! :argor:

The Wutai section where Yuffie steals your materia, etc, is optional. It is an interesting section with some important character development for Yuffie, but if it is making you hate the game then you could skip it.

For its time the graphics were pretty good. They did age very quickly, since FFVIII just a few years later was already a big improvement, but the Lego-block graphics do retain their charm for many who grew up with the game.

If your dislike for the game is for the story as well (and not just influenced by your present frustration at the gameplay) then it is possible that this game simply isn't your cup of tea. If you'd like better graphics then perhaps Final Fantasy X onwards might be more to your liking. Alternatively, the FFVII Remake has a completely different style of gameplay and has high quality graphics.

I am at the Yuffie mission and I am going to the town of Wutai, and these stupid birds killed both cloud and Aerith!!! I can't even heal my entire team and I only freaking survived because Cid had the bolt ring on, meaning I got lucky!! Even then, I still had to waste an elixir on him just so I didn't get a stupid game over!! This area is so poorly designed and it is a wonder that this got past testing!!! I swear to god, this is the worst game of all time!! The graphics are bad and the story is awful, and this game is damn near unplayable!! This game just involves luck, and if you aren't lucky, chances are you are going to lose!! I swear to god. you wouldn't ever see any bullcrap on any other games, but this stupid husk of a game can just do crap like this and get away with it and be called one of the best games of all time??! This game is stupid and should have never been created! I can make a better game than this trash

First of all, how very dare you, FF7 is the best! Secondly, welcome to the forums!

The Wutai area after you've lost your items/materia is brutal. :lew: Remember you can always run away from certain battles if necessary, but even then, that part is a definite 'pain in the arse', which is quite funny, considering it's Yuffie we're talking about.

I definitely don't think this should take away from the great story and cast that Final Fantasy VII has, though. I think all games come with frustrating parts, but it's definitely never been a deal breaker for me.

I hope you got through it, though! :D

Wutai is actually one of my favourite areas in the game - Yuffie throws a real spanner in the works in thieving your material and the difficulty spike gets real! But to dark souls silly difficulty. Once you arrive at Wutai and access a shop it's manageable.

You can get back on the Tiny Bronco at this point can't you - while broken I am sure it can still navigate (very poorly due to the planes condition) to get to another area of land with a location?

Inf regards to the graphics, it's as product of its time and I still find it perfectly fine as it is - I much prefer the pre-rednered backgrounds on many PS1 games to the full 3D N64 titles which all the terrain looked wide and bulky.

I freaking hate those bug things!! They literally killed Yuffie for no freaking reason and now I have to waste one of my phoenix tails, and she got ZERO experience from that fight!! This game is rigged!!

That's actually normal. :lew:

Characters that have not been raised/phoenix-downed before the fight is over will receive no EXP.

I was literally fighting and getting exp at Wutai when these stupid enemies killed my entire team for no freaking reason!! Why the hell do they have attacks that can wipe out half your freaking health!!!??? These programmers can’t make a game and just make them rigged like this!! I hate this stupid, bad, shitty ass game so freaking much and it doesn’t deserve the title of best game ever!! I hate this game so much and it freaking sucks!!!

I was literally fighting and getting exp at Wutai when these stupid enemies killed my entire team for no freaking reason!! Why the hell do they have attacks that can wipe out half your freaking health!!!??? These programmers can’t make a game and just make them rigged like this!! I hate this stupid, bad, shitty ass game so freaking much and it doesn’t deserve the title of best game ever!! I hate this game so much and it freaking sucks!!!

I've merged your thread, Creeper7000, with this one. I understand your frustrations with this older game, but try and keep each thread to one topic :)

I'm sorry you're having a hard time, I agree with Dionysos' suggestion of trying Final Fantasy X & higher, you might have a better time!

I've merged your thread, Creeper7000, with this one. I understand your frustrations with this older game, but try and keep each thread to one topic :)

I'm sorry you're having a hard time, I agree with Dionysos' suggestion of trying Final Fantasy X & higher, you might have a better time!
This game just sucks and is just poorly programmed!! Who the hell makes it so that one stupid bug can wipe out half your freaking health!! These programmers are clearly stupid!!

This game just sucks and is just poorly programmed!! Who the hell makes it so that one stupid bug can wipe out half your freaking health!! These programmers are clearly stupid!!

I don't think it's poorly programmed at all. You gotta understand that this game came out in 1997 - if you're comparing it to any game that's more recent, obviously it's going to have it's dated flaws, but nothing you wouldn't expect.

It's not necessarily a bug that some enemies wipe your health almost to single digits or KO you sometimes. There's ways to set up your armour and weapons to absorb certain magic attacks, there's skills to protect you from incoming attacks (Big Guard from the Enemy Skill comes to mind).

Other than that you just gotta be on top of your health, Cure + All is a good one, especially if you have regen, that's extremely broken in this game and will top your health right off. :lew:

If it's frustrating you that much, perhaps you should try a different game.

I don't think it's poorly programmed at all. You gotta understand that this game came out in 1997 - if you're comparing it to any game that's more recent, obviously it's going to have it's dated flaws, but nothing you wouldn't expect.

It's not necessarily a bug that some enemies wipe your health almost to single digits or KO you sometimes. There's ways to set up your armour and weapons to absorb certain magic attacks, there's skills to protect you from incoming attacks (Big Guard from the Enemy Skill comes to mind).

Other than that you just gotta be on top of your health, Cure + All is a good one, especially if you have regen, that's extremely broken in this game and will top your health right off. :lew:

If it's frustrating you that much, perhaps you should try a different game.
No this game is just garbage!! Stop trying to defend trash like this when the programmers could have made it much better and more fair!! This game is stupid and shouldn’t have made a single sale!! Guess people are willing to pay for awful titles. This is why final fantasy games suck

• Haha
Reactions: Six
No this game is just garbage!! Stop trying to defend trash like this when the programmers could have made it much better and more fair!! This game is stupid and shouldn’t have made a single sale!! Guess people are willing to pay for awful titles. This is why final fantasy games suck

I loved it! I think everyone's entitled to their opinion :D I didn't have the struggles you experience, though, so perhaps you wanna look at what you might be doing wrong? It's easy to yell it's rigged. I understand the frustration regardless, but it's one of my favourite FF's, regardless of what "everyone else" might think. :D

I loved it! I think everyone's entitled to their opinion :D I didn't have the struggles you experience, though, so perhaps you wanna look at what you might be doing wrong? It's easy to yell it's rigged. I understand the frustration regardless, but it's one of my favourite FF's, regardless of what "everyone else" might think. :D
No the game is unfair!!! How the hell is it fair that a bunch of atupid birds and bugs are allowed to keep attacking you while you get basicaly NO turns and they just take out most of your health!!!??? This game is so freaking garbage and clearly the programmers weren’t thinking with this one!!

No the game is unfair!!! How the hell is it fair that a bunch of atupid birds and bugs are allowed to keep attacking you while you get basicaly NO turns and they just take out most of your health!!!??? This game is so freaking garbage and clearly the programmers weren’t thinking with this one!!

Yeah, I definitely understand the frustration. You're talking about the parts where you have 5 or so enemies.

Have you looked at your ATB settings? If it's set to active they will just keep going and going when you might be taking your time, if you set it to WAIT, after they've had their one turn (each) you can take your time in deciding what to do.

I also suggest a dedicated healer, and if you don't have your materia back yet, do it with potions/defend.

Yeah, I definitely understand the frustration. You're talking about the parts where you have 5 or so enemies.

Have you looked at your ATB settings? If it's set to active they will just keep going and going when you might be taking your time, if you set it to WAIT, after they've had their one turn (each) you can take your time in deciding what to do.

I also suggest a dedicated healer, and if you don't have your materia back yet, do it with potions/defend.
I do but she doesn’t fucking heal in time!!!

I do but she doesn’t fucking heal in time!!!
The

there is no defending this crappy game!! It is nothing but luck and chance!! This game is garbage and clearly a bunch of 3 year olds made it

• Haha
Reactions: Six
Gone ahead and merged your two posts. ;)

And well, I think if you're so adamant about it being garbage game and you're hating it, again, try something else. Why stress yourself out over it?

Gone ahead and merged your two posts. ;)

And well, I think if you're so adamant about it being garbage game and you're hating it, again, try something else. Why stress yourself out over it?
How the hell did you even survive the stupid crowd of birds and bugs that poison and shock you till you have 0 health left?!! How the hell would ANYONE survive that??? This stupid game just sucks and overleveling is just the only way to beat it!!

Depends on where exactly you are, and what level you are.

Sometimes you gotta grind to level up a little, otherwise things are extra challenging. I usually have my "ranged" characters set to the back row because they do the same amount of damage while taking less.

I tend to go into the battles with full health (you can use your magic in the field, without wasting potions, just be mindful of your MP). I always have two characters equipped with Cure + All, and then I just spam attack (regular, no magic or anything). You could use a summon that might just wipe them instantly. The enemies that is, not yourself. Don't wait until the damage has already come in, if it's someone's turn to heal even if you're okay "then" just hit it anyway until some enemies die. Because before they cast their cure, the enemies will have attacked you already.

Regardless of if I'm a fan of the game or not, I've never experienced the struggles you're having. Even when the enemies hit like a fire truck.

I'm quite curious how you've even made it this far in the game without having any issues up until Wutai. Like someone pointed out earlier, this part of the game is optional, perhaps come back when you've leveled up some more. Or just take time to track back to where the enemies are not as strong & level grind a bit. Alternatively if you can just make it to Wutai till you get your materia back you'll have a better chance as well.

There's a lot of people who love this game that don't have these problems - It's just an older game that had it's own challenges. I suggest a guide walkthrough if you're still having issues, or just play another game if you hate it as much as you're claiming you do. The game isn't rigged by any means, you just really need to think, strategize & keep your characters materia, equipment & items in check. I personally feel that this isn't a game issue but more of a user issue. Lots of solid advice has been given to you already, so I hope you attempt a few of these things out if you're seriously trying to beat this game :)

Depends on where exactly you are, and what level you are.

Sometimes you gotta grind to level up a little, otherwise things are extra challenging. I usually have my "ranged" characters set to the back row because they do the same amount of damage while taking less.

I tend to go into the battles with full health (you can use your magic in the field, without wasting potions, just be mindful of your MP). I always have two characters equipped with Cure + All, and then I just spam attack (regular, no magic or anything). You could use a summon that might just wipe them instantly. The enemies that is, not yourself. Don't wait until the damage has already come in, if it's someone's turn to heal even if you're okay "then" just hit it anyway until some enemies die. Because before they cast their cure, the enemies will have attacked you already.

Regardless of if I'm a fan of the game or not, I've never experienced the struggles you're having. Even when the enemies hit like a fire truck.
I hate this stupid game and it just relies on cheap tactics like these just to work

I'm quite curious how you've even made it this far in the game without having any issues up until Wutai. Like someone pointed out earlier, this part of the game is optional, perhaps come back when you've leveled up some more. Or just take time to track back to where the enemies are not as strong & level grind a bit. Alternatively if you can just make it to Wutai till you get your materia back you'll have a better chance as well.

There's a lot of people who love this game that don't have these problems - It's just an older game that had it's own challenges. I suggest a guide walkthrough if you're still having issues, or just play another game if you hate it as much as you're claiming you do. The game isn't rigged by any means, you just really need to think, strategize & keep your characters materia, equipment & items in check. I personally feel that this isn't a game issue but more of a user issue. Lots of solid advice has been given to you already, so I hope you attempt a few of these things out if you're seriously trying to beat this game :)
I am already level 40!!! How the hell is that underleveled!! This game just sucks!! Do i need to be at level 90 to beat these guys??? This game is a trainwreck that shouls have never existed

Back