Help FF15 regalia question?

Jessehendrixp1

Gil
Hi everyone I'm a long time final fantasy gamer I played final fantasy 6 as a boy and have since played almost every game in the franchise. I have a question about FF15 regalia..... So I first got my ps4 in 2018 and I bought FF15 royal edition as one of my first games...... During this time I started playing the game but I stopped part way through..... I just recently decided to give it a go again so I erased my save data and started fresh. My question is on my first playthrough I remember being able to get the type d regalia very early in the game I was able to convert the car actually before I got the monster truck tires because when I actually got the quest to get them I thought it wAs weird and just figured it was part of the royal edition dlc to get it early.....i want to say as early as chapter one but I could be wrong......... This time however I am part way through chapter three and there is no option to upgrade or anything...... Can anyone explain this? Have I done something wrong or was my first time just a lucky glitch or something???

During Chapter Two after you have completed The Power Of Kings, you'll be able to access Cindy's services as a mechanic. Or so the internet tells me, if that's not the case, someone else may be able to help you!

Everywhere I look it sounds like you have access in/after Chapter three. Maybe there's a certain point in Chapter three that it's available? Here's what I found:

RPGSite.net said:

Final Fantasy XV's Regalia Type-D: How to get the off-road car in update 1.12​

Well, first thing's first - you're going to need to get the correct update. You don't require any of the DLC or the season pass to access the Type-D, but you will need to make sure that your version of FF15 is version 1.12 - versions from this number and up should include the Episode Prompto DLC files which you may or may not use, but it also includes the Regalia Type-D files. If you've just picked up Royal Edition or Windows Edition, these updates should be included.

You can grab the Regalia Type-D quite early on - as soon as you have relatively free access to the open world of Lucis in Chapter 3 you can get this major upgrade to your car.

Simply visit Cindy in Hammerhead (or if you're later in the game when she moves briefly, at whatever location she's at instead) and chat to her. There you'll be given a few options after a bit of idle chatter, and one of them will be to Change to the Regalia Type-D.

Hit this and after a fade to black and the like you'll find a massive monster truck waiting for you. It's pretty bad ass, to be honest.

Do you have open access to the open world yet? Maybe that's the missing part?

It's been a while since I've played FFXV :lew: I didn't even know it had a monster truck version!

Hopefully that's some kind of help until someone else with more knowledge comes in :worried:

P.S. - Welcome to the forums :)

tenor (1).gif

Yea there is only one small area of the map that isnt available to me...... I can take control of the car and everything........ Maybe they changed it in an update or something..... Because I remember I thought it was really weird that I had the monster truck and then later on did a quest to get the big tires lol and the flying regalia is still post game for sure

Welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately I am not much help here. At the time I played the game (the original version) there were no monster truck tyres. That was a later update, which was also included automatically in the Royal Edition, I believe.

Since I had no clue, I googled and found this on FF wiki:
The Type-D was added in patch 1.11. In the normal game, it can be remodeled at any time by visiting Cindy at the Hammerhead, but in the Royal/Windows Edition it can be remodeled in Chapter 8. The player must inspect the blue prints at the body shop to trigger a quest where Cindy sends the party to find tires at the Norduscaen Blockade.

Back