KHIII Favourite world in Kingdom Hearts III.

Dionysos

Βρεκεκεκὲξ κοὰξ κοάξ
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
Shiva Snowflake
Carlos el Cactuar
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
The latest installment in the Kingdom Hearts franchise has been out for nearly a month now so many of us have had time to play the game and experience the various worlds.

What is your favourite location?

Are you happy with the variety of worlds on offer in this game?

I would have to say The Final World. It brought me to the verge of tears.

If you’re asking what Disney world specifically though, I’d say San Fransokyo followed by Toy Box. Despite the lack of most of the actual actors, that world had a lot of good concepts.

As things stand however, about half of the worlds were terrible. Frozen and Tangled literally depended entirely on you having seen the movies. There was no narrative to follow in Corona or Arendell, and Arendell itself was a wasted opportunity, and instead of a beautiful ice palace, we were literally trudging through snow. Multiple times.

And then there was The Carribean. I mean, I know why they included it, but that was practically a whole other game inside the first game, and one that offered you very little incentive to play it. There was no narrative there either, just a bunch of disjointed scenes, and they could have made upwards of four other worlds, I’m sure, or at least given us complete narratives for any of the disjointed storylines, if they had just made it a regular sized world instead of making it half the size of the Wind Waker’s Great Sea with added sailing mechanics.

The Carribean.

This world was simply phenomenal! It's an odd choice given that it's hardly Disney's hottest property, but I think the main reason they chose to proceed with it is Clearly seen within the game.

Visiting this world was almost like playing a whole game itself! I'll be honest and say that it started out a little slow, the worst point being misguided when you have to find all the crabs to establish the boat - it wasn't very clear where to go and they didn't pop up very often.

Once I got that boat though... everything changed! I loved being able to set sail and explore all the islands, each one having their own design and feel, from battles with hordes of monkeys to underwater caverns to explore. Also, when underwater, the battle commands where completely unique! it felt so different and fresh and I enjoyed using Sora's Keyblade as a propeller. It feels like S-E really added such diversity to the mechanics of this world which were so fun to explore.

I also had fun with the boat battle mechanics, strategizing my location as I'd aim for the weak points and utilising the Special Commands was a blast!. I enjoyed collecting all the crabs to upgrade my boat too, and made sure I reached Max level before finishing. but I also enjoyed the pace of sailing, it was very calming just navigating the open waters with that brilliant theme.

I see the point made about the world not adding much context to KH3's overall story but that really is a flaw with all the worlds if we're being honest. I think each world should have had an Organisation Battle - At least this one gives you the challenge of a Ship race.

I feel that with this world they really achieved the original vision they probably had for Kingdom Hearts II and when you look back at KH2 it's very unfortunate it never had the capability that KH3 has had to explore the seas. I think this world also sort of achieved what Kingdom Hearts worlds have always strived for - this doesn't merely feel like a Disney Themed level, this really feels like fully realised environment. I spent a near 8 hours in this world alone and at the end of that 8 hours I felt like I really conquered the whole area and thrilled with the experience as a whole.

Last edited:
^ I rather enjoyed The Caribbean too! I feel like they could have used more of it and connected it to the plot of PotC more, but it was a nice distraction and change in pace.

I think my favourite original location is Twilight Town, but really because of the music and the emotional connections. Whenever I wanted to read the lore entries, I'd travel to Twilight Town so that the music would be playing in the background. The tune reminds me of the heartache I felt about Roxas back in the day and it still hits me!

I also really, really love the Mykonos-style design of Scala Ad Caelum. The white buildings, windmills and cobblestone streets of the mysterious metropolis were amazing to look at, albeit briefly.

For Disney worlds I rather enjoyed exploring Arendelle and Kingdom of Corona the most. That said, I think I must applaud Olympus this time too. While it is a shame that we didn't get a coliseum I was very happy that we were finally able to explore a fairly expansive section of Disney's vision of ancient/mythical Greece. Thebes, the slopes of Mt. Olympus and the cloud-covered summit of Mt. Olympus itself, were nicely designed and contained multiple references.

Back