Favorite and Least Favorite battle music

Rydia

Throwing rocks at emo kids
Veteran
Gil
Talk about your favorite and least favorite battle music. You get three categories XD

Random Battle Music
Boss Battle Music
Final Boss Music

Random Battle Music

Favorite: FFVIII. This is the only random battle music that I can listen to over and over again with out getting annoyed. And it is pretty epic.

Least Favorite: FFVI. In a game that has great music, this track is just bland. And it's a bit annoying and not very exciting.

Boss Battle Music

Favorite: FFVII. One of my favorite tracks in the series.

Least Favorite: FFX: So much that I can't even remember how it goes so it probably wasn't that memorable.

Final Boss Music:

Favorite: VI and IX. Dancing Mad was just epic and evenmoreso when played on a church organ. IX was very creepy and fit the tone of the battle with Necron.

Least Favorite: FFX: Sorry guys, I didn't like the random metal song that plays when you fight Ject. It just felt very out of place.

Random Battle Music :

Favorite: Final Fantasy V. It seems to vary with all of the others I heard and I think it's very unique. Don't really know how to describe it. I just like how the trumpets are played into it I guess. Hah.

Least Favorite: Final Fantasy III. It just seemed too simple for me. On the actual OST and playing on the DS. It just didn't get me going whenever I got into battle.

Boss Battle Music :

Favorite(s): Final Fantasy VIII. It seems to emphasize the tension in battle far more than the regular battle music it has.

Final Fantasy IX. To me, it's just epic. And it fits the game style perfectly in my opinion. Out of all of the boss battle music I put on my music player, I listen to this one the most.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals: The Crystal Bearers - The Awakened Beast. Considering the game has more than one kind of boss music, I'd have to go with this one. I like FF music with a hint of rock or metal to it, but not too much. This song has just the right amount to get me hooked.

Least Favorite: Final Fantasy X. Just like Rydia, it doesn't seem to catch my interest. Possibly because of how slow it is. For some reason my mom likes it, but for me, meh. . .

Final Boss Music :

Favorite(s): Final Fantasy II. It seemed odd to me at first, but then I realized how cool it actually sounded when I fought Emperor more than once. It especially sounds good on Dissidia, but a lot more epic on the original game.

Final Fantasy IX. My grandma can't stand the moaning sounds around the beginning. But to me, this song is pretty impressive. I tried playing it on my grandpa's organ once, but had no luck. But yes, I really like this one.

Least Favorite: Final Fantasy X. Again, I must agree with Rydia. Otherworld (name of song) was at a good spot playing in the beginning of the game, but it just didn't seem to fit battle with Jeckt's final Aeon. Could have been better.

Random Battle:

Favorite(s)-> VII and IX.

Fightning from FF7 was just epic.Loved to battle with it playing. IX had the classical feeling and I just love those ''Beats'' at the beginning of the battle(although in this version it continues playing)it's awesome too.

Least Favorite-> FFI. I don't know,it's kinda crap to me(although really like Dissidia's remix,its perfect)

Boss Battle:

Favorite(s)-> VI and VIII.

Decisive battle was awesome.Can remember until those days when I first heard it playing when fightning against the Whelk...omg.
Force Your Way was absolutely amazing too. I really liked to keep Drawing the bosses instead of fightning in VIII just to keep hearing this song,lulz.

Least favorite-> X.It's boring a lot(although Jetch's fight,Seymour's boss themes were good too)

Final boss:

Favorite(s)->VII and VIII.

OWA is SINGED and cool. It's so perfect.
The Extreme was really good too. FFVIII battle theme didn't had those traditional beats(and so didn' VII),but the final battle had,and was awesome.

Least favorite-> X. Jetch's battle was good,ok,but Yu yevon's one sucked.

[Random battle music]
Final Fantasy VII - Made random battles great.
Final Fantasy VI - It's too simple and bland.
[Boss battle music]
Final Fantasy VIII - Awesome rhythm.
Final Fantasy X - Again, too simple. Rhythm is bad.
[Final boss music]
Final Fantasy VIII - Soooooo epic.
Final Fantasy VII - I just don't like it. AC version is much better.

Random Battle Music

Favourite(s) - VII, VIII and IX.
They were all great in their own way, and made battling a joy, even if the actual fighting was getting dull.

Least favourite - I can't remember any that I particularly disliked, but I didn't like the battle themes for II, III or V quite as much.

Boss Battle Music

Favourite - VI, VII, and VIII.
All of them were great and really got me pumped for the boss fights. Special mentions for special boss battles go to Beatrix's battle theme and Jenova's battle theme!

Least favourite - IX, X and XII.
For some strange reason IX's boss theme got on my nerves after a while. Considering I've played X a gajillion times I can't even REMEMBER that theme, so it must suck. And XII's just generally sounded uninspired (but that's what you get when there's no Nobuo!)

Final Battle Theme

Favourite - VII, VIII, IX and X.
I'm kind of coupling the semi-final boss themes in here as well, because they're just that awesome.
One-Winged Angel is just an all-around epic theme.
The Extreme is possibly my favourite of the lot, I've been listening to it non-stop lately. Maybe I'm A Lion was pretty cool too.
Necron's theme was awesome once you get past the stupid bit at the beginning, but Dark Messenger takes the cake here. Such an epic song.
Otherworld was awesome, I know it doesn't really fit the FF feel but I loved it nontheless (guilty of being a bit of a metalhead, though). However, I actually thought Yu Yevon's theme was pretty cool too.

Least favourite - VI.
People may hate me for this, but I'm not too keen on Dancing Mad. >.<
The first couple of parts are far too slow and repetitive for my tastes, although they're alright I guess. I do like the fast part of the song though.

Random:

Favourite - V, brilliant and up-tempo, and never gets on your nerves.

Least favourite - Probably X, i love alot of this games music but that battle music was wrong, especially this one.

Boss Battle:

Favourite - Battle 2 (IX) or Force your way. They both just get straight into it and set the boss battles perfectly.

Least favourite - X again, sorry! :|

Final battles:

I like tho think of this more as just 'Special' boss battles, cause alot of these aren't FINAL bosses, here goes.

Favourites - Wow, so many, Dark Messenger is my favourite, but i also love Grand Cross, The Extreme, J-E-N-O-V-A, Dancing Mad, and who could leave out BOTBB :D

Least favourite - Lets see, oh right it's X AGAIN.

Great now i'm all angry that they stuffed the battle music in the game :(

Since I've only played FF 4-7 and 9 fully, 10 almost until the end and 8 a bit, I'll only make my decisions out of these.
In fact I it's hard to choose the favourites, so I'll make an order from most to least favourite.

Random battle
Most Favourite - FFVII, FFIV, FVIII (man with machine gun), FFV, FFVI, FFX, FFIX, FFVIII (standard) - Least Favourite

Standard Boss battle
Most Favourite - FFVII, FFVI, FFVIII, FFIX, FFIV, FFV, FFX - Least Favourite (I seem to agree with everyone on the least favourite one here)

Final Boss Battle and Special Boss battles (if that's OK)
Most Favourite - Gilgamesh battle (FFV), Dreadful battle (FFIV), One Winged Angel (FFVII), Final Battle (FFIX), Dark Messenger (FFIX), Beatrix battle (FFIX), JENOVA (FFVII), Warring Triad battle (FFVI), Dancing Mad (FFVI), Birth of a God (FFVII), ... God I've gotten myself confused, there are too many good ones. I probably missed some.

Random Battle Music:
Favorite; FFIV & FFIX.
For some reason, both of these battle themes give me, like, a heroic feeling. I know it sounds really fucking lame, but it's the feeling it gives me. It gives me motivation.

Least favorite; FFX.
Personally, I just think this song is annoying as hell.

Boss Battle Music:
Favorite; FFVI & FFVII.
Again, motivation. :DD Loll.

Least favorite; FFX, again. I just didn't like it.

Final battle music:
favorite; FFVI & FFVIII & FFIX.
least favorite; FFX.

I guess im the only one who really likes ffX's regular battle music? Infact its one of the few I can remember.. That has to count for something..

^I do like FFX's regular battle music, but I prefer some other FF regular battle musics more.

Random Battle Music

Favourite: Probably "Painful Battle" from the Tactics series. This is just unbelivably catchy...since Tactics has various random battle themes, its always refreshing when it comes up, as well.

Least Favourite: That damnable theme that played for the entirety of FFXIII...I was sick of it after the first three chapters.

Boss Battle Music

Favourite: Undoubtedly "Clash on the Big Bridge" from FFV and XII. I've got about five or six different versions of it. Its extremely fast-paced and catchy, and its the signature theme of the most awesome recurring Final Fantasy character there is ♥
Oh, and "The World's Enemy" from Crisis Core, as well. That is undoubtedly my favourite remix of One Winged Angel - I like the classical turn it took. I've actually got a save file at that point in the game just so I can listen to that theme whilst I slowly kill Sephiroth. Another bonus to it. xD
The Esper theme in FFXII was pretty good as well. Nothing quite like a dramatic chorus when you're facing down a giant, angry summon.

Least Favourite: Whatever played in FFXIII, because it didn't qualify as music...it really didn't. FFX's was quite disappointing, as well...it wasn't particularly dramatic, and I like dramatic themes for bosses.

Final Boss Music

Favourite: I've got a lot of these...all of FFVIII's final boss themes are pretty epic. I'm very fond of "The Legendary Beast" in particular. Mostly because it went very well with Griever using Shockwave Pulsar...got a real feeling of "Oh, SHIT! @_@" from that the first time. The build-up to "Maybe I'm a Lion" really followed on nicely from that, as well. I tend to think of those tracks as a multi-part symphony than I do separate pieces, they complement each other very well.
"Dancing Mad" is pretty epic, as well...all seventeen and a half minutes of it.
Despite my indifference to FFIX, I'm quite fond of "The Dark Messenger" as well...whilst its not technically the final boss theme, it gets a mention for the creepy organ start =P

Least Favourite: FFX's. God, that was a racket. Awful final boss, awful music. They would have been better off just sticking with Otherworld.

^I do like FFX's regular battle music, but I prefer some other FF regular battle musics more.

It can't be helped. That entire soundtrack is tainted by the evil known as...

MASASHI HAMAZAU

*dun dun dun*
He's also the reason why DoC and XIII had such crap music as well.
I dunno what XII's excuse was though. :mokken:

Lesson to SE: Anyone but Nobuo Uematsu making your music is shit.

Favourite regular battle theme, well... they ALL do get repetitive, but it's either Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy VIII.

Least favourite regular battle theme, probably either IV or VI. They just get on my nerves and to me, they are just not a treat to listen to.

My favourite boss battle theme HAS to be Final Fantasy VII's. It's just so amazing and intense. It sticks in my head a lot, too.

My least favourite probably has to be the generic two regular boss battle themse from Final Fantasy XIII. Sure, they're intense and not THAT bad. But it sounds too much like a news report and it could be changed up.

My favourite final boss battle has to be either the Final Fantasy I: DoS final boss music, or Final Fantasy XIII's Orphan. Those songs are amazing.

Least favourite, umm... I don't know... I haven't really beaten too many FF games, as you can see. But, One Winged Angel was probably the worst out of the one's I've beaten. It's still great though.

@ Dishy and Gabe: Wow you guys almost had me confused there as both of your display pics are the same. :D

Lesson to SE: Anyone but Nobuo Uematsu making your music is shit.

I've heard that Nobuo Uematsu only did about half of the FFX soundtrack. Not sure which tunes exactly, but there are some great tunes in that. Though I still prefer soundtracks of VI, VII and IX more.

To tell the truth,I just like To Zanarkand,Yuna'a theme,and some others. Prefer VI,VII,VIII and IX OSTs.

^Many people seem to like To Zanarkand from what I've seen, but nobody mentions the Revealed Truth track, which sounds very similar to To Zanarkand.
Also, has anyone else noticed or is it just me, that the final battle against Seymour has a music that sounds in some elements like the Final Battle theme from FFIX against Necron?

Random Battle Music

Favorite: Final fantasy XIII

Least Favorite: Final Fantasy X when your at the conclusion

Boss Battle Music

Favorite: The song when you fight seymour the final time,its the song I put most of the time when I train garland.

Least Favorite: the boss song in final fantasy X,it keeps repeating,this is my opinion please dont start a war with me cuz i know many of you like it.

Final Boss Music:

Favorite: When you fight Sephiroth,its obvious that im not the only one that favors this song.

Least Favorite: the exdeath final song, im not use to it when I put it as the song in a dissidia battle.

I havent seen much music of the series overall, neither do I remember listening to all the available songs in dissidia, but some are brilliant as the favorite ones I mentioned.

Last edited:
^I think most people here dislike FFX boss battle theme, so I doubt anyone would jump on you.

Heh, I agree. Final Battle against Seymour is a pretty awesome track.
I should probably add Jecht battle theme onto my list too. I love metal.

Oh,the ''others'' I said included Truth revealed and Movement in Green, always had the impression that if FFX had a traditional world map,this last one would be playing on it.(and of course,Seymor's and Jetch's battle)

Favorite random battle theme:
Oeh it's hard to choose, but I'll go with FFVIII, next is X, these two songs never bores me.

Boss battle music:
Seymour's theme , final battle, that one was awesome and I still listen to it occasionally, I even slowed down in the battle to hear the theme.

Final battle music:
Definetely FFVIII's. But X-2 was good too, I love evil organ songs.

Least favorite random battle song:
Final fantasy X-2, mweh, i hated random battles because of the songs

Boss battle:
FFXIII, barthandalus song was AWFUL! It started okay at first but then they screwed up big time.

Final boss battle.
Also FFXIII's final boss song , it wasn't that great and that's why I liked fighting the final boss less.

Back