Evocation video

domx

Gil
Hi ! Anyone knows how to watch , always the time , the Evocation video complete and not in part ?
I', playng FF IX steam edition for PC. Thanks, Domy.

Hi ! Anyone knows how to watch , always the time , the Evocation video complete and not in part ?
I', playng FF IX steam edition for PC. Thanks, Domy.

I'm not sure what it is exactly you're asking - Are you asking if there is a video compilation of the summoning of Alexander? I've found a video of all the cut scenes (in order of events) if that helps. I started it at Alexander if that's the one you are seeking.

All of the Alexander clips end at 25:27

Hope that helps, let us know if there's anything else or if that wasn't what you were talking about!

I'm unsure which scene you mean by the Evocation, but I suspect that Miko is correct in linking to the Alexander summoning sequence. That is the most significant and iconic summoning in the game.

Let us know if that isn't it though and we can help you locate the scene you are after.

There are other prominent summoning sequences. Odin's summoning is at 14:00 in the video that Miko links, and then immediately afterwards at 15:17 is the summoning of Atomos.

I mean, in game, when I summon the Spirit, the video is short and not complete. OK ?
Oh!
I think I know what you mean now.
When you first use a summon you get a longer animation. After that, there is only a small chance of that long animation being repeated. Instead you get a condensed (and, I believe, less powerful) version of the animation most of the time. The fix for this could be to equip Boost. This guarantees the full summon animation every time you use it. To learn Boost you need the Pumice Piece.

Oh!
I think I know what you mean now.
When you first use a summon you get a longer animation. After that, there is only a small chance of that long animation being repeated. Instead you get a condensed (and, I believe, less powerful) version of the animation most of the time. The fix for this could be to equip Boost. This guarantees the full summon animation every time you use it. To learn Boost you need the Pumice Piece.
Ok. Thank you !! In wich CD can I found the Pumice Piece , or where is it ?

Ok. Thank you !! In wich CD can I found the Pumice Piece , or where is it ?

There should be two places you can get a Pumice Piece. Either after you've defeated Ark in Oeilvert (The very end of Disc 3) or by digging up & locating the #22 Chocograph for the Outer Island.

I believe you can also steal from the optional boss Ozma but you'll have better luck with the above. Good luck!

There should be two places you can get a Pumice Piece. Either after you've defeated Ark in Oeilvert (The very end of Disc 3) or by digging up & locating the #22 Chocograph for the Outer Island.

I believe you can also steal from the optional boss Ozma but you'll have better luck with the above. Good luck!

Stelaing from Ozma....It means that I can steal the piece in Battle and then can I run away from battle ( running away so the piece is still mine ) ?

Stelaing from Ozma....It means that I can steal the piece in Battle and then can I run away from battle ( running away so the piece is still mine ) ?

Ozma is an optional boss that I don't think you can run from. You need access to the Chocobo's Air Garden to defeat him, so your quickest route in my opinion is to dig up the Chocograph since you'll need to be doing that anyway to get to the Air Garden. That is, unless you're close to the end of Disc 3 in which you can just wait and defeat Ark.

Reactions: Six
Ozma is requiered Necessarily to collect the Pumice pieces ? Or it's just only needed the chocograph 22 and defeating Ark ?

Ozma is requiered Necessarily to collect the Pumice pieces ? Or it's just only needed the chocograph 22 and defeating Ark ?
You are not required do the Ozma fight, it is just 1 option of 3. You can get another Pumice Piece from Chocograph #22 and another Pumice Piece from defeating Ark. I'm sorry if I was confusing before :)

You are not required do the Ozma fight, it is just 1 option of 3. You can get another Pumice Piece from Chocograph #22 and another Pumice Piece from defeating Ark. I'm sorry if I was confusing before :)
No prob :) so I can avoid Ozma , that is a good news....I will try with Ark and ( more difficult ) chograph 22....

Good luck! :-) And also welcome to the forums! Let us know if you need any extra help or have any other questions!

Yeah. Basically you get to take your pick with where you get the pumice pieces from.
I'm glad we could help. Please let us know how you get on! Either with this particular topic or anything else during your quest to reach 100%.

If you need anything else, between us we have you covered.
Evocation.jpg

Yeah Thank You guys !! Now I'm reaching Madain Sari for the first time ( cd 2 ) . If I have some problem I will tell you , sure. Great Forum Great Guys , haha !!

Helloo!! I'm at Oeilvert and next battle is against Ark......but I don't read, until now, that Ark, once defeated , grants the Pumice Piece....
Am I mistaken ?

Helloo!! I'm at Oeilvert and next battle is against Ark......but I don't read, until now, that Ark, once defeated , grants the Pumice Piece....
Am I mistaken ?

You are correct.

When you fight Ark it drops a Pumice Piece. I believe it is a 100% drop rate too, so no matter what you will always receive a Pumice Piece from successfully defeating Ark.

I need to warn you, however, that in addition to using a Pumice Piece to learn Boost (what you are after in this thread) you also need two further Pumice Pieces in order to ask Hades to synthesise a complete Pumice so that you can teach Dagger/Garnet the Ark eidolon (because you can unlock Ark as an optional eidolon later in the game).

Thankfully, as Miko has outlined above, there are several places you can find Pumice Pieces so you should be able to obtain enough to get both Boost and the Ark eidolon if you really want them.

You are correct.

When you fight Ark it drops a Pumice Piece. I believe it is a 100% drop rate too, so no matter what you will always receive a Pumice Piece from successfully defeating Ark.

I need to warn you, however, that in addition to using a Pumice Piece to learn Boost (what you are after in this thread) you also need two further Pumice Pieces in order to ask Hades to synthesise a complete Pumice so that you can teach Dagger/Garnet the Ark eidolon (because you can unlock Ark as an optional eidolon later in the game).

Thankfully, as Miko has outlined above, there are several places you can find Pumice Pieces so you should be able to obtain enough to get both Boost and the Ark eidolon if you really want them.
No, no....qith Ark I only obtained a Side/reo, not pumice....that's the problem. Maybe Side/reo is one piece needed, so Pomice is not the correct item obtained.
:D

No, no....qith Ark I only obtained a Side/reo, not pumice....that's the problem. Maybe Side/reo is one piece needed, so Pomice is not the correct item obtained.
:D
Is this perhaps a localisation thing?

I've just looked that up and side/reo might be how the items are rendered in the Italian language version of Final Fantasy IX. If that's true, that's interesting (probably related to its association with stars?).

In the English version the items are called Pumice Pieces, so that might give a completely different meaning, but it should be the same item if I am right.

In short, I don't think you need to worry yet. No matter what it is called, it seems to be the correct item.

Back