Eternal life

I don't think it's possible by definition. I believe that we may be able to live more than our general expectancy. Hell, I'd even say like 200 years or something. But the way I look at it, age is unavoidable and will eventually catch up to you. Whether it be extreme conditions such as weather, pollution, illness, etc.> it'll catch up somehow.

There's simply just certain laws of nature that can't be avoided. Whether you look at biology book or the Bible, there's nothing divine about our bodies.

Except maybe Lulu's :kinky:

interesting but i dont think that baby holds the key to immortality. its organs are still aging, just the growth has stopped. But i hope it does give science some help in making humans immortal.. although it would cost $10000000000000 to have it done. i wanna live 1000 years.

Hmm both of you have great points.
@sum1 Humanity has been defying the laws of nature for thousands of years so who knows we just might be able to live forever if we can get rid of outside influences like natural disasters,death by weapons,disease etc etc.
please read below
@sullivan If scientists can find a way to clone human organs cheaply and without health problems than we could get rid of the death by organ failure problem.
And as for the bible im keeping my religious opinion to myself ive seen how heated those debates can get.

Hmm both of you have great points.
@sum1 Humanity has been defying the laws of nature for thousands of years so who knows we just might be able to live forever if we can get rid of outside influences like natural disasters,death by weapons,disease etc etc.
please read below
@sullivan If scientists can find a way to clone human organs cheaply and without health problems than we could get rid of the death by organ failure problem.
And as for the bible im keeping my religious opinion to myself ive seen how heated those debates can get.

I wasnt speaking upon the Bible, I was just saying that it's an impossible feat in the minds of theists and scientists alike. It's all a bunch of crap, I think. Some few people think that humans defy the laws of nature,, when all we are really doing is working within them to make life more comfortable. We gained reason and knowledge because nature allowed it. Nature will kill before it lets something live forever.

True enough I suppose. Either way if it is possible It would be a hard choice to choose to live and see your friends and family die (assuming they don't become immortal too) The benefits would be good. It will probably (if its possible) be a tough decision.

True enough I suppose. Either way if it is possible It would be a hard choice to choose to live and see your friends and family die (assuming they don't become immortal too) The benefits would be good. It will probably (if its possible) be a tough decision.

It would suck to get life in prison hehe

I got that from an old twilight zone actually..

Anyways, it's a scary thought. It would make death alot condemning,, like if you fell off a cliff or something> this is why such things should be impossible I think.

Ouch. Yeah that would suck. Doomed to live forever not being able to move your body and getting more and more hungry and thirsty. o.o You know what I think I like my mortality. No immortal cliff diving and breaking my bones for seren.

I read a book many years ago called the Living Energy Universe which fascinated me though being academically maladroit I found it difficult to grasp some of the concepts put forward in the book, but I implore everyone who is interested in the possibility in eternal life to read. The book puts foward actual scientfic evidence amd basically proposes, from what I can remember that everything in the universe remembers and is evolving. Here's a summarization of the book: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2320/is_1_64/ai_65076873/

:D I didn't look at the link, but well whether I look at it or not makes little difference.

I dislike the idea of eternal life... Here on Earth that is. I mean, it's not that I'll dislike the so-called eternal life in Heaven, assuming it's really a life of pure bliss and everything nice... It's just that on this often crappy place called Earth, I'd rather die at some point than to have to see a millennial of repeated stupidity, resentment, and the like.

Granted, it's nice to spend more time with family, but I'm really sure at some point, I'll just come to be quite tired of living... And really just want to lay down and rest... Damn, for all you know, if eternal life does become possible, we may be looking at a law for each individual to decide to die... Lol, though suicide would still be illegal, but not because of the act - because of the inconsideration, what say you to a bloody mess on the floor, or on your car?... :D

Whatever. I just don't wanna outlive my natural lifespan.

Back