Does anyone like Crystal Chronicles?

I always said to myself that I would never touch a CC game. I bought a Wii two months ago to play FFIV: The after years and some old games on emulators. Then I saw crystal bearers at the store and decided to try it. I really don't like the gameplay because it is entirely based on the remote's pointer (which I hate) and sometimes the game doesn't read my actions the right way. There is also too much mini-games IMO and the combat system is repetitive. I think overall I have more a problem with the Wii itself but I don't think crystal bearers is a great game either.

I don't hate the Crystal Chronicles, but I don't like them either. I have nothing abainst the gameplay, but the storylines are just horrible.

Yes, Crystal Chronicles was neither good nor horrible, the games(to me at least) were just produced so that kids would get into FF:wtf:. I tried to play them but lost interest after halfway through the second game.

Crystal Barrers was just fucking horrible, and I damn near destroyed my Wii playing the shit game My Life As A Darklord:oops:(because the gameplay was just sooooo unbearable.

The game was rather average... The first year was alright, but after that it felt like more of the same. However, I did enjoy the concept behind it. They should have provided us with more variety; oh, and more of a story!

It is not comparable to the main series. The game was actually my introduction to Final Fantasy...and it didn't make me want to play further games from the series. That speaks against it quite a bit, really. =] Luckily, I had purchased VIII at the same time, and had been told I HAD to try X, which won my affections.

Lol, turns out there IS a FF game I hate more than 2. I shall sneer, for the irony is as it is; the only gamecube FF game turns out to be a trainwreck. Some ppl expected it to suck, some ppl had high hopes, I was hoping for substance, nothing against those who actually had to guts to brave out the entire plot to end. Not my thing, but I wish y'all well.

Honestly, I really loved the first Crystal Chronicle game, mostly because I love action-RPGs like the Mana series and Kingdom Hearts. It had an interesting concept and gave players the ability to choose a main character of their own, along with their own back story. If anything, I thought the game was a Create Your Own Adventure kind of deal, which I honestly loved.

I do have to admit that the game was rather tedious after the first 6 or 7 in game years, and had a lack of a story (which, I actually didn't mind like I said above), but it doesn't mean the game wasn't neccesarily fun. I picked the game up maybe a few years back at a flea market, and I think, that, to this day it's probably one of my more loved GameCube games. It's a good couch co-op game so long as you have the GBAs and the adapters along with it. :)

It threw me off at first with the game play, but then it kind of grew on me. I found some of the bosses challenging and the dungeons lots of fun. I also like how it had some monsters from FF IX and so on. (Nostalgia. Lol)

I did not like this game. It seemed to be quite different from the Final Fantasy I knew and loved. The story was very bland and the battle system was annoying. I never got to play multi-player, but that may have been the only thing going for the game. The spells and weapons were boring as well.
This, but I did get to play multi-player, which honestly was the only fun part of the game.. and perhaps character creation.

The game didn't stick. I can't say it was terrible, but it didn't have the right "stuff" to hold my attention for more than half an hour. No intriguing plot and gameplay.

The character creation was pretty decent, although it doesn't save the other blunders.

The best FF since Square Enix took over. Plenty of customisation, a great folksy soundtrack, a storybook feel, good dungeon intros and a really fun multiplayer.

The only bad thing about the game is that building your stats enough to beat the last boss is a huge chore. That's the case with a lot of RPGs though.

P.S. One of the best FF openings ever. Can remember watching that over and over for so long :wacky:.

Back