Do You Play FFXI?

I feel very sorry for those that just started XI. They won't be able to get much out of the game before most the community ditches the game for XIV.

Wtf. FFIV= FF14. They aren't even done with FFXIII yet. Is there even any news that there WILL be a FFIV yet?

I just started playing this. Heheee. Well, I'm on the free trial... xD
But I'm getting it! :-)
Right now I'm playing...

Name: Jaemoo
Server: Carnbucle (might move to Siren ;) )
Main Job: Red Mage
Level: 7 .__.
Race: Mithra

gonna play about with other classes on the trial. gonna go for black mage and probably a few others... :-) then I got a better idea of what to be when I get the actual game.

Well I guess this will do for my first post.

I started playing FFXI back when it became compatable with PS2, think it was around Easter, hmm. Played a Mithra for a good while (50-something Paladin, with too many subs to count) but got tired of dudes hitting on me. So I made a new char.

Server: Titan
Name: Vaughan
Race: Elvaan
Sex: Male
Jobs: 75RDM, 55WAR, 37NIN, 37WHM, 37BLM

Did everything end-game wise before WotG expansion. Was leveling up WAR when not doing end-game shiz. Then I joined the Air Force and been playing WoW ever since. I can't wait til' FFXIV though.

Last edited:
Well i used to play final fantasy xi and still have a character on there i can go back and play if i want to. I was in valifor character name Vintage and had 37 whm 36 war 22 rdm 20 nin 20 sum 17 blm 9 drk 5 5pld rng 2 mnk 2 drg

I feel very sorry for those that just started XI. They won't be able to get much out of the game before most the community ditches the game for XIV.

If anything this will only make FF11 more interesting for those who already play it. FFXI came out almost 10 years ago in Japan and since then the game has only suffered by overpopulated servers. I would really recommend this game and have you not worry about FF14 since it will not effect your game, it'll actually make it more interesting since you'll get to enjoy more of it. I left Bismarck in 2006 and it was flooded with Linkshells trying to claim every single possible HNM immaginable.

Get FF11 and PLAY IT! only you will be the judge of what you think of the game. :)

I used to play but I sort of gave up...
Basically i found WoW, then hated WoW, tried FFXI again and just cant stand MMORPG's now, I'm sure one day I'll swing back to it and renew my subacription.

I don't play because I dislike online PS2 stuff (mainly since I can't work it out), and XI doesn't have that good a reception from what I've heard. I'm fine with sticking to the normal Final Fantasys~

Gotta agree, Final Fantasy series is much more appreciated without being an online game, so i say NO, i don't and i'm not gonna play FFXI...

And I agree too, I thought it was unnecessary to take the Final Fantasy series online like that...I was rather disappointed actually, because I don't buy any MMORPGs like that, I don't think having to pay for any of your games each month is fair, so I'm not even considering getting this or FFXIV.

sadly no i have not yet.. i just got my internet

AWW man! i just read that FFIV is going to be an online game too! CRAP! i dont have a good enough internet connection for that!

Last edited by a moderator:
007sephiroth, please please please for the love of cheese do not double-post. :) Please use the Edit Post button located at the bottom of your post if you feel you need to add more. Thank you.

I used to play this game for nearly 4 years before and put in about 370 days total into this game.

I had a tarutaru on the quetzcoatl server - my main was red mage at 75, but I also had a 75 blu and blm.

I completed a lot of quests/missions, I completed all of the missions up to ToAU and half of the WoTG ones, but I quit the game around last summer. My cooking skill is 96.

I got some decent gear like Nashira legs and Af+1 from Limbus.

This is a really fun and addictive FF game, and I loved every moment I spent always playing this game. But then school, gf, and other real life stuff made me decide to quit and just focus on playing offline games and other FF games as well.

I might try FFXIV one day, but I'm still thinking about whether I should play it or not. I guess I'll see when the time comes if I want to play it then or not.

No, I have dial up.

It's not that I don't want to, I'd really like to, but I can't imagine playing on dial up, I don't even think you could. It's just another thing I'm missing out on because of the stupid phone company.

I actually never heard of it until I saw it in the booklet thing of X. It mustof not been that popular because I've never really seen it in stores and not too many people I know that have played the game.

I've Played FFXI

Name:Bartok
Server:Quetzalcoatl (I think I'm the first to post from here ; ;)
Race:Galka (not alot of us around sadly)

Jobs: (ok you asked for it lol)

War:32 Mnk:26
Whm:40 Blm:24
Rdm:22 Thf:35
Pld: 31 Drk:30
Bst:35 Brd:12
Rng:18 Sam:38
LOLNIN:17 Drg:72 (and DAMN proud of it)
Smn:15 Blu:31
Cor:10 Pup:32
Dnc:35 Sch:11

So there you have it.. I have over 134 played days in game so I've been at this a while... home is Bastok Rank 7 (mission 7-2 currently) I've been working on Promies, and Dynamius and only scored 1 piece of Drg relic (my boots ; ; ) well 2 if you count the Lance/Hatrack.. I got lol

I have an Alt character who is a Tarutaru (wanted to see what it was like to have tons of MP and made it to 25 rdm so far.. nothing to write home about

I'm part of a Friendly LS called AvengingAngels were a friendly Group and we take in strays who are friendly and need help as long as you don't bring drama into the shell your ok with us lol

I'm not much of a crafter mind you my highest craft is cooking at a whopping 16 other then that it's 5 or less... I've been playing for a few years now and I would not trade the Experience/Friends I've made for anything.. it's a fun game, A challenging game but there is so much support for it online you can't realy mess it up.. there is a FFXI wiki?! anything you need to know is there... everyone in the server uses it and everyone updates it.. as for players.. I have NA, EU, and Jap friends whom I love to hang out with.. any questions can and will be answered if you need it.... laters

Bartok...

I don't play this game anymore but spent 6 years playing it & don't regret any of it. I achieved more than most & met a lot of good friends while playing. I spent most of my time on Hades but did move to Bismarck for a few months but ended up back on hades as my friends all returned to the game.

A few years ago I would recommend this game to anyone but with all the updates starting out now it would be hard to get a lot done I would just wait for XIV (which I plan to play).

Well to say the truth mmorpgs never interested me. I'm just not the kind of guy that could play a never ending game. I would never have the patience for that.

Back