Do You Play FFXI?

I would, because it looks like a really good game, but I'm not a fan of this monthly payment business. I think that if you want to play a game, then there's no need to charge you more than once for playing it. <_<

My thoughts exactly, that and when I TRIED playing it, I just couldnt do it. I hate pc gaming and I dont hve an x-brick so I was pretty much doomed from the off really. I just didnt like that first half an hour I had on there. About all I could work out what to do was move. I promptly gave up and never looked at it again

Im thinking of getting back into it.. ANy one got some solid sales pitch to get me back into it :P

Does anyone know how you get your character restored? The problem is that I can't remember my old PlayOnline ID or what server I was on... I know my main character's name and my password. That's all. Obviously my name and, I think, date of birth would also have been attached to my account. The only other thing I can remember is that there was a really cool guy in my Linkshell called Teach. As the longest or long shots, let's hope he's on this forum...

Does anyone know how you get your character restored? The problem is that I can't remember my old PlayOnline ID or what server I was on... I know my main character's name and my password. That's all. Obviously my name and, I think, date of birth would also have been attached to my account. The only other thing I can remember is that there was a really cool guy in my Linkshell called Teach. As the longest or long shots, let's hope he's on this forum...

You're gonna have to contact Squenix for that one. They should be able to look it up with your name, address, SS and credit card you used for that account, that's how I got mine restored a long time ago.

But on the topic, yes, I DID play it. I personally thought I was damn good and lots of people liked me for my neutrality lol. I had a few jobs at 75, a few relics, merited my jobs to death, and was actually almost finished with the Amanomurakumo GK, but got broke and tired and gave up lol. Currently thinking about getting back and maybe switching servers for a nice, fresh start.

How long has it been since you played? From the way it sounds since it is hard to remember some things, then it may have been a while? If its been over a few months without pay then they delete your account.

Name : Ariawna
Server : Pandemonium

Jobs:
Dragoon 70
Blue mage 66
Black Mage 60
Thief 55

And most other jobs at 37

And for the japanese they are rly friend if u can talk any japanese with them.

Taking a break at ff xi now.

Aaahh I miss this game! ^^
Started to play this game in the beginning of 2004, and quitted in spring in 2008.
Was a really nice adventure ^^
Got PLD75, RDM75, RNG75 & WAR 75 plus all the subjobs needed for mainjob at 37 ^^
Had another character which was NIN52 :D

Good thing about this game is now they recover any character you had as long as you have the login.

So if those who if you are needing a break, well take a break.. but you can always come back and join the FFXI atmosphere.

Character: Krazyshu
Server: Hades
Jobs: PLD - 68
War - 35
Monk - 20
Nin - 17
Thief - 15

I am farely new WITH this character, so it is as you can see it is a breeze to level up in this game.

Last edited:
I have been wanting to check this game out lately but IDK what platforms it's on. I'd rather not do it for PC cause well it's slow enough for the new let alone an online game.

Well I actually never tried this game out and I will most probably not get this game because You need to pay every month. Anyways its nothing like the other final fantasy's so yeah I would say I do not need it. Plus I got better games. Well I could change my mind and try it one day.

I'll add my info to this list

Main
Name: Kazuhiro
Class: Blu75
Race: Elvaan
Server: Garuda

Alt
Name: Sodia
Class: Rdm34
Race: Hume
Server: Garuda

Name: Erazor
Server: Shiva
Race: Tarutaru
Main Job: Red Mage 70 (cudent beat Maat)
Other Jobs: WHM54 WAR40 SMN30 NIN32 BST35
Other Info: SKY Yes, SEA No

I love this Game soooo much

I do not play this game but, I have always wanted to check it out. I have never really played an MMO before. I have done online gaming with CoD and Halo but, nothing in the sense of FFXI or that World of Warcraft some my buddies play. I would like to check it out though. Any suggestions on where to buy it and what kind? I have seen at least three different kind and color of packages for it and I'm not quite sure what the difference between them all are lol.

I played the 10-day free trial and stopped, found out that was because I was in Bastok, the least populated area in the game, so I'mma probably start again elsewhere

EDIT:
yes I know am playing in the Elvvan kingdom, whatever its called.
on the Gilgamesh server and my name in Atlascith and I'm a human warrior

(my name is a reference to Altaschith (AL-Tesh-Heth) hbrew from destroy not, rferenced in a few on the Psalms as a chief musician of David, understood by scholars to be the beat of the song in which the Psalms would have been sung to)

Last edited:
Next time i get the chance, im going to play the free trial, and if i like it, ima have to go get a job so i can pay for it.

Back