Advent Children Do I have to complete the PS game first?

Not neccessarily, but playing the game enough to at least know the characters is pretty helpful. It's a good movie regardless and doesn't have a whole lot of depth... but playing the entire game first certainly wouldn't hurt.

Playing the game could give you a better understanding on what goes on in the movie but, you don't really need to play the game first.

Hmm, you could still understand the movie even without playing it, but not fully. If you want, you can watch the movie now, and then play the game. That way, you won't have to wait until many months later to watch the movie after you've beaten the game. (Yes, it could take months to finish the game if you're really into it, especially mastering all the materia.)

I don't think so because AC has a completely different story to FFVII it just has refferences to FFVII, also AC has some new characters that weren't in FFVII, that being said I had to watch AC a fair few times to fully understand the refferences being made to FFVII and how they fit in to the story of AC because I've never played FFVII myself.

I just think you will need to know who the charactrs are in order to understand this film, but it helps if the game is played all the way through, because then you will know why things are happening and why they are bad/good.

Not neccessarily, but playing the game enough to at least know the characters is pretty helpful. It's a good movie regardless and doesn't have a whole lot of depth...

Agreed. I know people who have watched the moive and never touched the game and they understood what was going on. Its fuelled their curiousity to go and try the game.

What irrates me are people who have watched the movie, never played the game, yet they claim to know FFVII inside and out! Trust me, they do exsist, Ive incountered them on other fourms!

Yea, no they definitely exist. Aeris Gainsborough just made a post about that in some other topic. (Can't remember where I read it)... but yea, people get the wrong impression of the game and claim to know it indepth... and they have no damn idea. It's a real pain in the ass... especially when those people cling to their opinions so tightly.

I gotta be honest here, I wouldn't watch it without playing the game, mostly because I didn't find AC all that impressive (except for the graphics and music) on it's own. You may understand what's going on in AC for the most part (though I highly doubt anyone will understand it 100% if you haven't played the game) I really just don't understand why you'd want to.

If this happens a lot, no wonder Cloud is so overrated.

Personally, I would play the game first. I don't see how anyone who hasn't played the game could enjoy the movie. Unless they are really into action scenes.

I thought Advent Children was ok for the most part. It was more fanservice than anything.

Do I have to completely complete FFVII in order to understand this movie?
Not really but in order to fully understand whats happening from the begining like what there talking about like meteor and most of the characters But i wouold recomend playing the Final Fantasy & game first before you watch it

I'd recommend playing the game first so you get the jist of the plot and characters down ahead of time, but it's not needed. You can watch the movie first and THEN play the game, then go back and watch the movie to catch anything you didn't understand the first time.

However, eventually, you GOTTA play the game AND watch the film! It's a Must!

Actually, Advent Children is installed with a small chip on the disc that scans for an unfinished copy of FF7 within a 100 foot radius. If it detects any, it automatically incinerates, becoming unusable. The easiest way to avoid this is to put your PS in lead casing before bringing the DVD into your house.

well just watch the movie and you will feel the game later on..... but like all the guys have said, you can enough to understand a few of the characters. but just look at it as any other movie.... i need to see the movie >.< i played the game twice so i know what to expect but then again, i saw edited parts of the movie into a small clip and was like whoa..... just watch the movie then play the game is all im saying :D

You don't have to play the game, but at least understand the story of FF7. As well as know some FF7 terms such as Shinra, Sephiroth, Jenova, Lifestream, etc. You will need to be a certain age too. I was like 7 when I first saw AC and I don't remember much of it.

Back