Dissidia Demo

Heh, look at that. Is the demo free? If it isn't, I rather just wait until August 25 then for the whole game -_-

Sorry, that didn't really help >.<

The demo's free.
It's now out in the US PSN store, however, if you're european etc just make a US account.

You can play as 5 characters, although the ones you verse are different.
It's a tutorial/versus type demo.

That's pretty much it, although it's epic. :monster:

The demo's free.
It's now out in the US PSN store, however, if you're european etc just make a US account.

You can play as 5 characters, although the ones you verse are different.
It's a tutorial/versus type demo.

That's pretty much it, although it's epic. :monster:

Why thank you, gonna try to find it now. Don't know why they can't put it on the Australian or EU stores, it'd make life a lot easier, but ehhh, still, I've already put $20 on the collector's edition at my local EB Games :awesome:

Yay, thanks for the info Mercurial :3

..!

There's a collector's edition of Dissidia?! :gasp:

...What's suppose to be in it compared to the regular one? >_>

Collector's edition of the game has:

The best soundtrack mini-CD. A hardback, 48 page Dissidia art book with character artwork and CG rendered art. A mini-game guide with character descriptions, a walkthrough, and more character art from Brady Games. Two exclusive lithograph prints.

That being released over in the UK?

Collectors editions suck me in every time ¬¬

I think I'll just wait til the game is released over here instead of faffing around making US accounts and downloading some demo

I thought the demo was gonna have only 1 or 2 characters, only 1 stage, and only 1 battle until you get sent back to the start screen. But this demo was pretty good. I can't believe it had the heroes of my 3 favorite FF games, it's like they were reading my mind. :D No Kefka though, but oh well.

Europe is the last region to get Dissidia: Final Fantasy in the world, but Square Enix is making it up to PAL territories with a limited collectors edition version of Dissidia.

I thought the demo was gonna have only 1 or 2 characters, only 1 stage, and only 1 battle until you get sent back to the start screen. But this demo was pretty good. I can't believe it had the heroes of my 3 favorite FF games, it's like they were reading my mind. :D No Kefka though, but oh well.
Kefka's in it, just not playable :ness:
You get to play as 5 characters: Onion Knight, Cecil, Terra, Cloud and Sephrioth.
Characters you battle against: Zidane, Garland, Tidus, Jecht, Warrior of Light, Squall, Kefka, Golbez and Firion

or at least those are the ones I played against D:

Kefka's in it, just not playable :ness:
You get to play as 5 characters: Onion Knight, Cecil, Terra, Cloud and Sephrioth.
Characters you battle against: Zidane, Garland, Tidus, Jecht, Warrior of Light, Squall, Kefka, Golbez and Firion

or at least those are the ones I played against D:

Yeah, I've got the same cast as well.

And, I love the demo, I've played each character at least 5 times today xD I love using Onion Knight, super fast and his Brave to HP combos are excellent, and powerful.

Also, never thought I'd say this, but I too like Sephiroth. You can be as sadistic to the opponent as you want, and yet his finesse makes it look cool. Plus, I love charging Black Materia, big boom!! :D

The demo is pretty fun to be quite honest. 5 characters is pretty good for a demo. I played as Terra Sephiroth and the others. I love that tornado move. I remember it from the japanese version. Its so cheap on the FF II palace XD.

I was incredibly unimpressed. The game got repetitive by the fourth battle, all the characters were easy. There was nothing that great about it, as a standalone fighter game. If they started using a similar system in any upcoming Final Fantasy game, that might work.

I already have the game pre-ordered and paid in full
just waiting for it to release so I can veg out on it for a few days
gonna check out that playable demo
thanks for the info
=P

Pretty nice for a demo. 5 characters playable is a lot you know. And the best thing about it is that you can play as Cloud xd
HINT:
When you attack BY SQUARE and you miss , click R1+X and any directional button to miss enemy's counter.
In Hard mode there are more techniques to use, but still it is harder from normal of course. But i am hardcore player and Hard mode is a piece of cake to me :)
Can't wait till i play as Tidus ... "Why they don't put him in DEMO?!" ;]

Last edited:
I have played the demo aswell but I didn't get the hang of it. I still need to learn how to the combinations with Onion Knight. I personal think that Sephiroth is easier for me to use his HP attacks are easy to do and they are very effective. Is just matters on how good you are with the characters.

Last edited:
Just finished hard mode on the demo. It got me even more pumped about the game than before. I thought the controls and everything were excellent. Just gotta wait twelve day now.

Back