KHII Did you like the first part of the story?

i liked the roxas parts because i thought it was cool how he was sora's nobody, and it shows how they unite to bring sora back. i also liked namine though im not sure how kairi has a nobody, i dont remember her becoming a heartless.

The first part of the game where you have to be Roxas in Twilight Town, well I like Roxas more than Sora and I liked the beginning better because Seifer and Rai and Fu are there too.

And then at the end when Roxas reaches the pod where Sora is it's kind of sad because he disappears.

So yes, I did like the beginning.

A lot of people in here really enjoyed KH1 over KH2. I despised KH 1 and have found KH 2 to be enjoyable so far. Anyway, on to topic:

I loved the first part of the story. Roxas is an interesting character and I found him to be a bit more layered than Sora. Roxas is struggling to find the meaning of his existence and he has to cope with beings who won't even acknowledge his presence. Thus, I liked the segment with Roxas.

Heck yeah

I believe that the Prologue actually strengthened KHII.

By starting with that intro, where Roxas is sinking, as Sora did in the first game, it immediately introduces a major theme of the new game, that of identity. This is reinforced as the prologue goes along, with DiZ and Axel causing Roxas to doubt himself, and of course the last day where Roxas is forced to face the fact that he is only a Nobody.

I agree that it can be slow, however, that's kinda due to the fact that the Prologue is meant to be a game tutorial in the form of a story (isn't seven days with Roxas at least a bit more entertaining than the weird tutorial dream that Sora goes through?). So since it's a tutorial of sorts, it definitely loses a little bit in terms of replay value, but it's good story value.

Some friends of mine disliked it, claiming that they were confused and thought it was dumb to open up with a character you didn't know in lieu of Sora. Frankly, that kind of thinking is very shallow. One has to take into account that everything has been done a certain way for a certain reason - and considering that two mega-companies are in charge of this game, it's probably a good reason at that. And the reason KHII opens up with Roxas is to:
a) segue from COM into KHII
b) introduce the Nobodies for people who didn't play COM
c) set the tone of the game
d) endear players to Roxas and the plight of the Nobodies
e) purposely instill a bit of confusion to stimulate players to want to figure out the story

And that's the majority of why the Prologue was important. It also helps that I personally liked the character of Roxas, as well as the setting of Twilight Town (although there isn't much to do at first).

Alot of things you guys dont notice about the begining.

1. You dont have to do the jobs. You can just go right to the Station Plaza and you'll automatically have enough money.

2. Scene skip. If you want to replay it, use scene skip since you already know whats going to happen. It cuts down the time to about 30 minutes to an hour.

3. "Omg, there's not enough action." Its an action/RPG. There are major story elements in the first part of the game. The game isnt about going to kill heartless for no damn reason. What did you expect, them to open up onto some huge battle field and you kill heartless for about 5 hours and then the game ends? How shallow is that.

I loved the begining. Its really mysterious, especially if you have never played COM. It pulls you in, and you want to find out what happens next. Thats the entire point of playin an RPG. To find out what happens next. Not to kill heartless.

The only part I liked about the begining was fighting axel, while duel weilding key blades, that was awesome.
The rest of it though like finding the 7 wounders of twighlight town for a school project and getting a job was a waste of time and boring
but its also the only part your able to control roxas

and it only lasted around an hour so it aint that bad

Last edited:
I liked it and I couldn't wait for the seventh day to come! I really wated to see Sora :) the missions were a little boring but that didn't slow me down:P Overall it was great!

The only part I liked about the begining was fighting axel, while duel weilding key blades, that was awesome.
The rest of it though like finding the 7 wounders of twighlight town for a school project and getting a job was a waste of time and boring
but its also the only part your able to control roxas

and it only lasted around an hour so it aint that bad

You didnt have to get a job.

And if you watched all the cutscenes, it lasted a good 5 hours.

When I was playing KH2 for the first time, I just wanted to get through Roxas' story and get to Sora. o_O

But playing as him wasn't all that bad. I did hate the prolonged objectives, but I loved fighting as Roxas. Especially against the huge Nobody in the stained glass platform place and against Axel. Those battles had some of the best Reaction Commands.

I actually liked it. I thought Roxas and his town was much more interesting. I love the lax environment and playing the mini games. I like Sora too, but it was nice taking a break from playing him, I suppose. There were a lot of interesting characters in KHII, especially Namine. xD

I haven't finished the game yet, but I'm back to playing Sora again...and to be honest, it kinda bored me for a bit. =/ Just a tad bit. I guess I just miss Roxas...

That part in the game was really annoying. I hated having to do all those stupid jobs to raise money and all the talking and non-storyline related parts, ugh. It was supposed to be a "ok lets learn how to play KH2 for three and a half hours" and it sucked. But the rest of the game was fun ^_^

The only thing I idn't really like about it was the jobs. Also, the fact that, once you've played the game through once, you can't skip to the first fighting style/weapon choice. You know, the ones that determine stats and stuff?

Other than that, it was OK, though not KHII's better part. Loved it, though, when Roxas
wielded the Oblivion and Oathkeeper against Axel
, that was awesome.

No, I hated the 12 days or whatever it was call at the beginning of the game. I was for the most part, absolutely boring. In fact, it almost made me stop playing the game all together. :dry:

The beginning threw me off. I was confused on why Roxas was the character you first play with. I assumed the intro took off from COM. I'm a little annoyed though that if you want to find out what happened between KH1 and KH2 you have to play COM. -_-

Anyways, besides that I rush through the first part. The first part was too slow and doing random chores for some people become annoying. If Square would have cut this shorter I wouldn't have mind.

When i first got the game i didnt have the strategy guide yet. So i started playing it and was a little confused about why you started out with Roxas and was wanting to see the other characters. I did enjoy it a little because you could do certain things with Roxas and find out about him, but the only thing was that it took me like 4 or 5 hours before the title for the game ever came up (which is a little long for the very beginning of a game if you ask me). The farther i got in the game the more it fit right into the story and i wouldnt have changed it at all. I'm glad it was in there.

I thought the beginning started off too slowly and may have lost some interest at that point. But you gotta think about it. The beginning will be the only time you will ever play as Roxas for the rest of the game. So that's probably why they made the beginning so long. So you can savor the moment if you happen to have preferred Roxas.

Then again, KH2 was short and the beginning had so many cut scenes. A lot of people don't like the cut scenes, I do though.

I liked both the games nonetheless. KH felt like it made a bigger impression on me than KH2 though. But I really liked the battle system in KH2. Much faster pace, but sometimes I felt like I was just button mashing more.

Like somebody already have said:

1. You don't have to spend time doing jobs. One try is enough, and if you then run to the station the others will have enough money. Why? Since you're gonna loose them anyway, Square didn't want people to raise money for nothing.

2. On my first playthrough I spent two hours with Roxas befor gaining Sora. If you skip all sequences you will easily cut this down to 20-30 minutes. The game is about 36 hours long (my first), so the story with Roxas is just short and sweet, and in my opinion should almost be longer.

3. And what better way to introduce the nobodies than to start with Sora's nobody?

Back