PC Diablo III

yeah my friend said witch doctors were really great

but for as many real ID friends as i have that have completed the game on hell, working on inferno etc... I have not seen one of them playing a witch doctor. Mostly Barb and Demon Hunter. I've actually only seen one of them playing a wizard and only got mine to level 10 before I decided that I hated it :wacky:

I managed to get to Nightmare with Barb. I think I'm going to try to take Witch Doctor as far as I can. I wonder if there is a reason everyone is playing Barb and DH though. I've seen a lot of high level wizards on my friends list. I guess you can really take any class all the way up if you have the right party with you.

might be because they are playing alone

DH is easier to keep control of the situation with, with Barbs you have to take a lot of chances with your health regen. I'm not sure why the monk is unpopular among my friends, but it's shortcomings with ranged utility are very plain. Most of us also play Warriors in WoW too, so that might have something to do with it.

like with a wizard

there are a lot of events in the game where you become surrounded. if you can't nova and break through the line, you're fucked. DH can roll out, set a trap and funnel enemies into scope and burn them down with rapid fire.

I didn't play Diablo 3 game yet.But this game seems so fantastic.so i will definately go for it.I am planning to buy this game this weekend.

Last edited:
Blizzard invites 3,000 Diablo 3 players to Reaper of Souls beta

Wider closed beta coming later this year.

Blizzard has invited 3,000 of its "most active"
Diablo III players to its Friends & Family beta for the Reaper of Soulsexpansion, ahead of the closed beta later this year.

The beta includes the entire Reaper of Souls expansion, minus the final boss fight.

"In the past, participants in this particular phase of public testing usually only include friends and relatives of Blizzard employees," wrote Blizzard on its Diablo III site.

"With Reaper of Souls, however, we've decided to buck that trend and extend invites to valued media contacts and key members of the Blizzard community. We're also inviting 3,000 of our most active Diablo III players from around the world who've opted in for beta testing—something we've never done for any Friends and Family Beta test before!"

Over the next few months, Blizzard also says it will "continue handpicking community members to invite to the Closed Beta and bringing in additional players through opt-ins to ensure that all of our features like the Crusader, Mystic, and Adventure Mode get the testing they deserve."

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls adds a new chapter to Diablo III, as well as a new character class--the Crusader--and a new loot system.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls will launch for PC in 2014. Blizzard has also confirmed the expansion for PlayStation 4.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/blizzard-invites-3-000-diablo-3-players-to-reaper-of-souls-beta/1100-6416279/

DIABLO III: REAPER OF SOULS

As luck would have it we were invited into the closed beta for Reaper of Souls to sample what changes Blizzard are making to Diablo III.

Reaper of Souls is meant to fix Diablo III. Blizzard may not put it exactly that way, but it doesn't take a lot reading between the lines to realise that they're not entirely happy with how Diablo III came to play out in a number of areas. And that's putting it mildly.

The biggest and most important change is two-fold. The much criticised auction house has been removed, while Blizzard introduce a new system for loot drops. They called it "Loot 2.0" - and the idea is that the loot you find should be more applicable and useful to the player.

Judging by our time in the closed beta, Blizzard has accomplished this. Naturally stuff still drops that is useless, but you will also frequently find appropriate gear for your character. And the flow of loot is steady. The rest of the items you can sell or scrap, and use the materials to craft new equipment. The crafting has also been overhauled, there are now far fewer materials, and you use the same materials regardless of whether you're level 10 or level 70.

diablo3_1010264_650x.jpg

Reaper of Souls isn't only designed to correct some of the flaws of the original. Blizzard has naturally also fleshed out the content side with three major additions.

First of all there is a fifth act. It adds new locations, a wealth of new monsters, and a new level cap at 70. Act 5 plays out in and around the large town of Westmarch, the wetlands surrounding the town, the catacombs underneath it, and Pandemonium - an ancient battleground in another dimension where heaven and hell have fought since the dawn of time.

Unlike the original game, where game dungeons were randomly generated but the overworld never changed, all environments (bar a few exceptions) are randomly generated each time you start Act 5.

screensps4_versionendiablo_985144_325x.jpg
screensps4_versionendiablo_985154_325x.jpg

Simply put it's a new experience each time you play, and it should also be noted that the game world is more frequently populated with little dungeons and events. No longer is there any point to learning the geography by heart and checking a few hot spots. The art style is also gorgeous, from the dark and gothic look of Westmarch itself to Pandemonium's supernaturally flavoured architecture and seemingly endless expanses.

Another major addition is the new character class, the Crusader. A heavy set lad (or lady) with shield and armour that makes his or her way through the horde of enemies at close or medium distance. It's too soon to pass any judgement on game balance as Reaper of Souls is still being worked on, but the Crusader quickly became my favourite class for several reasons. First of all the Crusader kicks ass and smashes through the enemies, and the abilities it wields are useful, aggressive and clever, to such a degree that my Monk and Demon Hunter come across as a bit boring in comparison.

screensps4_versionendiablo_985234_650x.jpg

My build consists of a standard attack that adds a bonus to your chance of blocking each time you hit someone. It's been enhanced with a rune that makes your shield explode in an Area of Effect attack each time you block. On the right mouse button I have an attack that disposes of most low level enemies with one hit. Another ability sends a line of four ghostly bowmen towards the enemy - cutting down and shooting down anything in their path. The Crusader is given extra mobility by summoning a horse (made of divine light, or something to that effect) capable of riding through enemies, and an ability called Sword of Heavens - described by Blizzard as something of an artillery strike where you are the projectile. A perfect mix of usefulness, massive damage and cooldown - and it's always very satisfying to trigger it.

The Crusader is simply a wonderful class. At this point it appears almost overpowered, but I'm not sure if that's just how I perceive it.

The third addition is Adventure Mode. Blizzard's new attempt to add variation and an improved end game. In Adventure Mode there is no story, no quests or cutscenes. All the waypoints are unlocked, so you can travel back and forth between all five acts and their dungeons. Along the way you get so called Bounties - short mini objectives tied to a single waypoint. Typically they task you with killing 50 monsters and a specific elite, or complete a certain event. For your efforts you're rewarded with gold and Blood Shards - a new currency you can use to gamble on new equipment.

screensps4_versionendiablo_985164_650x.jpg

A bounty is quickly taken care of - only seldom will they clock in at over ten minutes. Each act has five bounties, and if you collect them all, you're in for extra rewards - more gold, shards, and a Horadric Cache - a pouch that spawns loot when opened.

At times you will also get your hands on a so called Rift Stone - that you can bring back to town and use to open up a Nephalem Rift. These rifts are temporary dungeons featuring one to eight levels - where existing assets and environments are combined in new ways and lit differently, and where enemies from all parts of the game come together. The difficulty level is naturally a bit higher than it is out in the world, with plenty of elites and uniques. As you'd expect you're in for even better loot than you'd find elsewhere. When you have slayed enough monsters (the target isn't specified, you simply go by a percentage) a boss spawns, that once again, offers the opportunity to score even more amazing loot.

It's a brilliant mix of a quick fix and more sustained challenges that gives Diablo III much needed variation in addition to the old Valor stacks and Inferno runs. Best of all is that you can play Adventure Mode regardless of your level - the game automatically tunes the content to cater to your character. Theoretically you will be able to level all the way from level 1 to 70 without ever touching the story.

diablo3ps4_986514_650x.jpg

The previously mentioned Nephalem Valor and Inferno difficulty levels have been done away with. Reaper of Souls introduces a difficulty system much like the one you might know from the console version of Diablo III. This means that progression is more tuned to a single play-through than four, and you can adjust the difficulty setting along the way. The hardest one is unlocked once you've reached a set level, but you don't have to tread far until you'll want to raise it from Normal to Hard.

Judging by the closed beta, that contains pretty much the full expansion with the exception of the final boss fight, Blizzard really hits the nail on its head this time. Diablo III is given a major vitamin boost across the board. It appears to be a must for all Diablo III owners, regardless of whether the original game left you satisfied or not.

screensps4_versionendiablo_985204_162x.jpg
diablo3ps4_986524_162x.jpg
diablo3ps4_986534_162x.jpg
screensps4_versionendiablo_985194_162x.jpg

screensps4_versionendiablo_985214_162x.jpg
screensps4_versionendiablo_985224_162x.jpg
diablo3ps4_986484_162x.jpg
diablo3ps4_986504_162x.jpg

http://www.gamereactor.eu/previews/102474/Diablo+III:+Reaper+of+Souls/

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls expansion dated & priced

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls developer Blizzard Entertainment has just dated the expansion for PC and Mac.

The announcement was made over on the American Battle.net store, confirming that Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls will launch on March 25 at $40 as a digital standard edition.

A digital deluxe edition is also available at $59.99. Pre-purchase of both versions is available now.

Are you pumped? Let us know below.

Via
Kotaku.

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls preload targeted for later this month

Reaper of Souls, the Diablo 3 expansion, is slated to be made available for preload later this month, according to Blizzard.

20131111_diablo_3_reaper_of_souls.jpg

Speaking on the D3 forums
, community manager Stephany Johnson said the exact date is still to be decided, but the developer is “targeting this month if all goes well.”

“This download will begin automatically, meaning, you shouldn’t need to do anything special,” she said. “Similar to what we’ve done with other games, the pre-expansion patch (2.0.1) will contain all of the expansion data that’s on the normal disc. So, for players who don’t predownload, they’ll basically get everything that’s available whenever they patch up to 2.0.1.

“Expansion-only content like the Crusader, Act 5, and Adventure Mode won’t be playable until luanch and only players who purchase Reaper of Souls will have access to them.”

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls will be released for Mac and PC March 25. The digital, standard edition will run you $40 while the digital deluxe edition will set you back $59.99.

You can pre-purchase both now.

Thanks,
PCgamesN.

Diablo 3 Players Have Designed A Legendary Sword

diablo_3_62025.jpg

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls
will feature a new Legendary Sword created by its players. They designed the Shard of Hate
through a series of community votes hosted by Blizzard.

Players were able to choose the weapon type, theme, power and name of the item. The Shard of Hate is a one-handed sword styled after Mephisto, the Lord of Hatred who players fought in Diablo 2.

"Over 20,000 players participated in last week's Choose Your Name vote. And although there were many who championed 'Spine of the Father', 'Rancor,' 'Malevolence,' and 'Sankekur's Sorrow' admirably as the rightful moniker for our Mephisto-themed sword, their rallies were not enough to sway the majority and unseat the early frontrunner of this particular poll," Blizzard
said this weekend.

The Shard of Hate can enhance your elemental damage in one of three ways. Lightning damage can cause the sword to cast a Charged Bolt at enemies. Poison and cold damage have a chance to trigger Poison Nova and Freezing Skull, respectively.

D3 designers Travis Day and John Yang are now working on Shard of Hate's stats. They may make some adjustments to the power's mechanics as well. The updated tooltip for the weapon will be released soon along with a Q&A with the two designers. Expect additional behind-the-scenes shots of the weapon in coming days as well. The weapon will eventually be released through the game's test server.

Blizzard said in the past that they may hold additional "Design a Legendary" events in the future, depending on how this one went. It seems like a lot of players participated in the Shard of Hate votes so I wouldn't be surprised if players got another chance to craft another unique item. I hope they do; it's great to see players get a chance to participate in the game's development, even in a very narrow way.

Reaper of Souls, the first expansion pack for the action RPG, will be released in March on PC and Mac. It will also
debut on the PS4 along with the base game. Reaper adds a Crusader class to the game along with a new chapter in the campaign. Players can pursue a new level cap of 70 and visit a Mystic to transform their weapons.

Diablo 3 On Nintendo Switch Features Zelda Crossover Items

Blizzard is bringing its acclaimed dungeon crawler Diablo 3 to Nintendo Switch later this year, marking the developer's first appearance on a Nintendo console in over 15 years. Along with the base game and the Reaper of Souls and Rise of the Necromancer expansions, the Switch edition will feature some exclusive content in the form of Nintendo crossover items.

Speaking at a roundtable interview, Matt Cederquist, associate producer on the Switch port of Diablo 3, revealed that players will be able to obtain a handful of Legend of Zelda-inspired items in the game. In particular, the Switch edition will feature a Cucco pet, a Triforce portrait, and a set of Majora's Mask-inspired wings. Players will also be able to customize their gear to look like the King of Evil using a Ganondorf transmog.

3426528-dia_switch_lobbynoui_barbarianganandorf_tf_002.jpg

Blizzard shared more thoughts on what it was like to work with Nintendo once again after so long. "It's been fantastic, and that's not just lip service," said production lead Pete Stilwell. "You're talking to other folks who want to make compelling game experiences and who are so proud of their products. It's a kindred spirit, and to get to negotiate things like what were our tie-ins going to be, we got to nerd out and love their IPs and have those types of relationships. It's awesome to collaborate with other developers like that."

Blizzard first teased a possible Switch port of Diablo 3 back in March. At the time, the studio posted a cryptic tweet of a Diablo night light being switched on and off, leading many fans to interpret that to mean the game is coming to Switch. Blizzard later quashed those theories, but a report by Eurogamershortly after lent further weight that the game was indeed on the way to Nintendo's hybrid console.

Diablo 3 is slated to launch for Switch later this year. Blizzard says the game will run at 60 FPS both docked and in handheld mode, and the game will support multiple controllers options, including the Switch Pro controller and a single Joy-Con. Players will also be able to play online via Switch's upcoming paid online service.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/diablo-3-on-nintendo-switch-features-zelda-crossov/1100-6461194/

Back