Dark tower series- new understanding of the end

Stephen king is not much more than a assistant of creation when it comes to those comic books. In fact the comics were not even his idea. The writer of the comics came to stephen king. The fact that King opted to be involved just shows that he did not want his legacy destroyed like so many films have done to his stories.

I NEVER SAID... "Roland is going to pick up the horn." I SAID "wouldnt it be crazy if he picked up the horn." so dont tell me to read mr.right. Furthermore maybe you should...

> Try imagining next time... because I am going to put my reputation on the line and tell you right now that I do not think this new book is going to mirror the comics... and if it did you can bet your ass that king wouldnt even write it. Im not saying you have to entertain any theories... Im just saying that you cannot be sure whats going to happen. Those stories leave a billion things open to changes.

The past is changing all the time... a perfect example is how jake (in the same time) bought a charlie the cho cho book by a different author than the todash jake bought. There are countless things that can point out how important the middle is... not only the stories of the past ka tet... but the viewing/future actions of the new ka tet.

The comics portray a past before the new ka tet does a lot of things. So I will go ahead and be open and hopeful to a change in direction that cannot be seen unless you squint your eyes... because if he changes nothing it won't really be a good story... and you cannot honestly believe that is "Kings" style. Thus what I said about a "temperal causality loop".

I am not trying to argue with either of you... but yall seem to want to. I am just trying to throw out creative ideas that he might apply towards the story. However its kind of hard to speculate and ponder with stone walls leaning on the same place, thinking you already know whats going to happen. I have read every king/bachman book out there... and refuse to believe he will give us a story we have already read. Like I said its not a King style.

There is ONE absolute truth about these stories. And that is that they are unpredictable and unexpected. Not a single one of these stories have panned out how the readers would have expected... and thats what makes them great, they capture your curiousity and tantalize the the readers. If anyone tells me they "knew" what the ending to the 7th was going to be... I will say "lies" and not believe them no matter how much they insist they did. Sure it made some sense afterwards, but in truth you did not know until it happened. I am not naive enough to believe that King is going to break from his path of surprising and mysterious twists by adding an addition that sells out its mystery by giving you things you already expected... it just would not fit his legacy.

Last edited:
There is a difference between 'creative pondering' and disagreeing what is stated in the books in black and white. Roland got the horn at Jericho Hill not at the tower. There is a difference between King surprising us, and contradicting something he helped write. I cannot see him contributing to something he would then turn around and say "nope not canon lolzor"

what you're suggesting would be akin to tolkien writing a book set between the hobbit and lord of the rings and saying 'actually, smaugh killed bilbo and he has the ring. should have mentioned that before, sorry'. what you're too dense to realise is that stephen king has done work on the comics, he has authorised and commissioned them, and therefore what is written there is set in stone as part of the story. i don't care if you do or don't like the fact that he did that, because he did it.

also, neither jake nor any other member of the ka-tet bought anything while todash. it's impossible. when you're todash, you're basically a ghost. the middle bit is important, you're right. it's just as important as the beginning and the end, but it still has to keep continuity with what was written before it.

you say you don't want an argument, but you're doing a good of causing one by being a thick twat. you're a good one to have talked about 'backhanded comments' when you keep implying that we're naive and unimaginative.

Well you are being naive and unimaginable. Your standing your grounds telling me whats not gonna happen in a book that isnt even out... sounds pretty fucking dumb to me.... BESIDES I wasnt even talking about that anymore, yall are just stuck on it. ANTHING can happen in those books. time is always changing, events reshaped, hell they go back into new york and change events....DO THEY NOT??...they do. also Im talking about the todash state when jake notice he was buying a book except it was by a different author.

So dont tell me it CANT happen... and do not call me dense assclown. IF you dont want to discuss possiblities (and thats what they are), then just stfu.

Yall are complete assholes and morons. I see now that I have been wasting my time trying to discuss things with you self loving d bags because your fucking morons only seem to be trying to argue about shit that YOUR DONT EVEN KNOW!

I am leaving these forums. Im sorry but Im tired of being shadowed by assholes who just want to aregue with you because of who you are. Nathan I am the third person quitting because of you (that I know). You kiss your own ass, and prolly are a wimpy freak whose life sucks. Because you come onto this site just so you can ACT like you have a false sense of purpose... but you do not. Your just another asshole behind a computer... like the rest of them... same with HAL sometimes.

Pockets, harlequin, cali, star, cardiac kid, martel, argor, TTT, fleur, draklor and pretty much everyone else on these forums I know... you guys are pretty cool. You have a nice forums here, and I hope you continue to make it even more shining. Maybe I will return but most likely not. All I can say is that maybe the populas of this site would be better with a couple less dicks calling it home. I know a good few who have scared off by them. I wish you all long days pleasant nights. Perhaps I will drop in to give my opinions when a new ff game comes out. However I just do not have time for much these days. HAVE FUN EVERYONE!!! :Roland:

Keep it real FFF. Do not bother replying to this message because I will not be logging on again. (Allthough you know nathan will because he has to think hes always right and has to have the last word. Alas he wont be getting it roflcopters....so get mad you tiny lil bitch ^^)

Back