Crash Mind Over Mutant (Xbox 360) - Let's Play

I've always wondered what the Crash games are like, outside the main trilogy, Crash Bash and CTR. Gonna have to check this out when everything becomes a bit more normal :/.

Oh I felt the same, they've been on my backlog for years & once I heard that there were HD versions on the 360 I was very keen to try them.

Crash of the Titans was okay, It's very different as a majority of the game is focused on God of War styled combat. The Hard Mode was very unbalanced and as soon as you were ambushed with multiple Titans it was Game Over! I wasn't too keen on the presentation of the characters, a lot of the humour wasn't to my liking - Especially Tiny Tiger being 'camp' & N.Gin just being... obnoxious & weird.

From what I have played of Crash Mind Over Mutant, there are tremendous improvements! The open world nature is fun to explore and the boss battles aren't dependant on going up the rank in Titan abilities - In the previous game, you can't take on a Mega Titan with a basic titan & have to go from the basic, to the intermediate to then take on the biggest one - which got very tiresome. Also I've enjoyed seeing how the Titans have more unique abilities.

If you haven't played Crash Twinsanity I highly recommend it! The game has brilliant writing and genuinely the best presentation of lore within a Crash Bandicoot game. The original Xbox version is backwards compatible on the Xbox 360 which is how I play it.

I played Crash of the Titans, but never this.

I had so many mixed feelings about Crash of the Titans. On the one hand it was a fun game and it even allowed couch co-op via a carbon copy Crash. On the other hand? As you mentioned above, it changed the characters in a way which made them unrecognisable. There were a lot of changes which I didn't like, but Tiny the Tiger was the most extreme. It just wasn't the same character at all.

It ended up being the last Crash game I would play until the excellent remake era of present times.

Looking at Mind Over Mutant here, while it still doesn't retain the charm and aesthetics of the older Crash games (and the remakes), it does look like they have polished the Titans concept up quite a bit and added some new game mechanics to make it feel fresh and not get too samey after a couple of levels.

Back