Build-A-Member
Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
I know I'm a couple of days late with this and people have already discussed it briefly on Discord, but I figured I'd create a thread for the recently announced new Crash game!

It is being marketed as a sequel to Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped, which is interesting. The original trilogy are certainly (in my opinion) 'prime Crash', and this new game looks as if it might retain the aesthetics and character of those original games too. That said, the trailer makes a clever self-referential joke about the fact that there have been more Crash titles since (at 1:25 "Really, only three? Funny - seemed like more!") and that is a nice touch too.

This is looking pretty cool. My main concern is about whether Aku Aku will still be around, or if he has been replaced almost entirely by the new power-up masks. I hope Aku Aku is still in it in some capacity.

What are your thoughts? Will anyone be buying this on release? Or later?

I can't wait! It looks so much like the original trilogy that I can't see it going wrong :). Especially since the remade trilogy was pretty perfect.

In terms of whether Aku Aku is still around, he is in the thumbnail so he will play at least some role. I reckon he will be a more basic power while the other masks do things like sticking to walls etc.

...it feels so far off! :lew:

In terms of whether Aku Aku is still around, he is in the thumbnail so he will play at least some role.

You're right! :argor:

I don't know how I missed him in the main image associated with the game so far! That's a relief then. Hopefully he remains the 'base mask' and the others are just MacGuffins to help you through particular challenges in certain parts of a level when required.

And I personally think that October will be here before we know it! Time is ticking and tocking like crazy right now.

You're right! :argor:

I don't know how I missed him in the main image associated with the game so far! That's a relief then. Hopefully he remains the 'base mask' and the others are just MacGuffins to help you through particular challenges in certain parts of a level when required.

And I personally think that October will be here before we know it! Time is ticking and tocking like crazy right now.

I have a sneaking suspicion that is how Aku Aku will work. The basic extra shield.

I know! Time is going by so quickly this year! Maybe once things are back to normal, it'll all slow down a wee bit.

This was posted on our Discord.

It really looks like it is going to be quite difficult. :O

These new gameplay mechanics mix things up quite a lot. You can even play as Cortex and work against yourself.

I think I will probably pick this up when it inevitably comes to PS+ a good 18 months or so after release.

After Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, I'm not really sure how much I enjoy Crash Bandicoot as a game. I loved it as a child and I thought the remaster was a very slick and solid game that deserved its plaudits - I just never managed to really get into it. I think for nostalgic reasons, I think I though I would enjoy it far more than I did; it's not specific to Crash Bandicoot either, I felt the same towards the Spyro Reignited Trilogy remaster, too.

Visually, Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time looks very impressive and looks really smooth technically, so I'm sure it'll be a very fun game for people who purchase.

A new trailer with some information was released during Sony's State of Play event the other day.

It explores some of the new features in more depth as well as the new challenge modes. Looks like there will be a lot of customisation too (or at least unlockable costumes), which can be a good thing in moderation but really tacky if they go overboard.

Back