Who is the best?​

Cloud Strife
vs
Squall Leonhart​

Main Lead Role or Best Story Background
Or
Neither​

Last edited:
I don't like either. Squall was negative and Cloud was...well, I'm not quite sure just what the Hell was wrong with him. I also love how he went from being white in the game to being Asian in the film. I'm aware that that's because of the animation (I guess) but still. It made me giggle. But again, neither.

I like the both of them almost equally. They were both slightly anti-social, but came around EVENTUALLY. They were both cool protagonists in my opinion. I guess I kind of relate to how they both used to be before others changed them. They both wielded very unique swords in my opinion, too. Their limits were very awesome and useful and they were both very useful in battle.

I use to really really like Squall but after seeing a more mature character like Cloud, I realized how childish and emotional Squall was...for no reason at all.

Squall was either always talking to himself or always complaining about his friends or saying how he wished they'd leave him alone. I mean, how the hell annoying is that?

Here he was with a pretty good group of friends, he had no drama within their friendship, his girl's alive, and he's a leader of a pretty extreme group--and he's complaining about that?!

So I say Cloud Strife is way better than Squall. Cloud's anti-hero personality was a first in video games and it was a breath of fresh air. His story was just so much better, he had someone mess with his memories, kill his friend and mother, and then take away his girl--that's a pretty damn messed up life. But Cloud doesn't turn all "cry-baby", he doesn't complain to anyone. In a matter of fact, he prefers to keep to himself, like an enigma.

Cloud truly is the best of the two, if not the best character so far.

i like both of them, they have different characters that is really hard to compare...though personality wise i would prefer cloud strife

Back