Champions League Final Thread

Eidolon

Guru
Gil
Just thought people might like to discuss it so far. Been a really good game, I'm really not-disappointed lol :)

But OMG luckiest goal ever????? Rebounds off 2 people, falls into the lap of Lampard, and Van Der Sar slips right in front of him???? grrr

Tevez could of had 2. Carrick should have done better on the follow-up.

I have had a few :gasp: moments already, I thought Chelsea were gunna score before that and I was like -squeeeeeal-

Ronaldos goal was lovely, as much as I hate the little shit

Anyway, it's driving me to drink so we better win :gasp:

Oh and to clarify, those would be gasps of horror.....as much as I dislike Ronaldo, Im still a red :wacky:

I have had a few :gasp: moments already, I thought Chelsea were gunna score before that and I was like -squeeeeeal-

Ronaldos goal was lovely, as much as I hate the little shit

Anyway, it's driving me to drink so we better win :gasp:

Oh and to clarify, those would be gasps of horror.....as much as I dislike Ronaldo, Im still a red :wacky:

I'm in the same boat as you mate. But man...if Chelsea win, and thanks to that fluke goal....*shudder*

Any thought on substitutions? At the moment for Fergie I'd keep it the same, just tell the players to do more of what they are doing. Later on, perhaps put Hargreaves back in the middle and tell Ronaldo to play as a striker. As for Grant...he obviously has to sort out Essien/Ronaldo, but to be honest I don't see how he can, since he obviously thinks Essien is better there than Belletti or anyone else...

Ah I don't even know who half of them are, I like football but Im not an avid fan, I just get really into it when it's on and start shouting obceneties at the screen. Im normally calling them all pansies when they are rolling on the floor 'in pain' <_<

I know I will die if Chelsea win though >_<

Ronaldo's goal wasn't too bad, but Chelsea scored a lucky goal.

Admittedly Chelsea have been the better side since half time.

I am just gonna have a little moan here: Chelsea are the most unsporting, disgusting team I have ever watched. They contest every decision, swarming round the referee, blatantly mouthing off. The team as a whole need to clean up their act. I hate watching it.

I really hope this game doesn't go down to penalties. Penalties is a rubbish way of deciding games IMO, since it rarely has any reflection on how well the teams played. Still, I'm hoping Ronaldo/Nani/Tevez/Giggs etc can pull something out of the bag.

If a game has to go to penalties after 120 minutes of being played out, then 9 times out of 10 it's fair to say that penalties is a fair enough way to decide a game. I don't actually want this game to end - it's been much better than most other finals in recent years.
Chelsea haven't been as bad as they usually are, but it's always the same two culprits - Drogba and Ballack.

Edit: And 4 minutes after making that post, Drogba got sent off for a similar offence. I love irony.

Hahaha Iv just read that and suprise suprise its all kicking off....bloody miserable chelsea gits....not much time now. I hope United pull something out of their arses because penalties are shiiiiiite

Hmph, Drogba got sent off. Ballack should be off, simply for being a complete d*ck.

:( I hate penalties. The team I'm rooting for always seems to lose :S

I hate Chelsea...with a passion -__-

To sum up Chelsea's dirty play we'll start with Drogba.

Yes he deserved to get sent off because at no point can you raise your had to someones face, however, we'll review this case . Drogba's was no worse than that, however, I'll put money on it that tomorrow in the paper because Chelsea are part of 'the big 4' the papers won't make a big deal of it and I'll also put money on the fact the case for Drogba won't be considered frivolous, again, because they are part of 'the big 4'.

Secondly, Terry.
I would like to know why the commentators were full of praise for trying to calm the Chelsea players down when HE was the one to start the confrontation anyway, HE was the one who went over to Terry and started mouthing off at him which lead to other players joining in.

Thirdly, Ballack.
What an overrated player he is, German pansy gets touched and he goes down faster than a brick through water. Again, I don't see how he is still on the pitch with all the excessive moaning he's done to the ref.

Forthly, Makelele.
(Same as above)

Fifthly, Carvalho.
Should have been sent off in the first half in my opinion, quite clearly never meant to get the ball and just tried to snap Ronaldo.

-----

Anyway, Man Utd win!!!!!!!
COME ON YOU BEAUTY!!!!!!!

_44678126_cfan_getty416.jpg

Chelsea who?

OH MY GOD!!!!

I have never swore and screamed so much in my LIFE!!!!

When ronaldo missed that penaltly i thought it was game over then OMG it all turned round and I was like ZOMG IT WAS SAVED :gasp:

I think I have losy my voice hahaha I m not even making sense anymore but fuck me AVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So reasons to be happy:

- Chelsea can join us in the trophyless club for this season, and they feel the pain I felt two years ago.
- They aren't the first London team to win the European Cup yet.
- John Terry, Cashley, Lumpard etc. HA!

Reasons to be unhappy:

- Man Utd being fucking insufferable now
- I feel a little sorry for Avram Grant

Hahahaha as a red I can laugh at your reasons to be unhappy. I swear I thought I was gunna have a heart attack at one point

Those were the most epic penalties ever, Im just like :gasp:

I hate penalties.....

I hate Chelsea...with a passion -__-

To sum up Chelsea's dirty play we'll start with Drogba.

Yes he deserved to get sent off because at no point can you raise your had to someones face, however, we'll review this case . Drogba's was no worse than that, however, I'll put money on it that tomorrow in the paper because Chelsea are part of 'the big 4' the papers won't make a big deal of it and I'll also put money on the fact the case for Drogba won't be considered frivolous, again, because they are part of 'the big 4'.

Secondly, Terry.
I would like to know why the commentators were full of praise for trying to calm the Chelsea players down when HE was the one to start the confrontation anyway, HE was the one who went over to Terry and started mouthing off at him which lead to other players joining in.

Thirdly, Ballack.
What an overrated player he is, German pansy gets touched and he goes down faster than a brick through water. Again, I don't see how he is still on the pitch with all the excessive moaning he's done to the ref.

Forthly, Makelele.
(Same as above)

Fifthly, Carvalho.
Should have been sent off in the first half in my opinion, quite clearly never meant to get the ball and just tried to snap Ronaldo.

-----

Anyway, Man Utd win!!!!!!!
COME ON YOU BEAUTY!!!!!!!

_44678126_cfan_getty416.jpg

Chelsea who?

You are right on the money there. Right on.

My heart was in my mouth when John Terry stepped up to take his kick. For me it would have been a travesty if Chelsea took the title, after, for me, completely ruining the game with their endless moaning and complete disregard for the authority of the referee. I am willing to concede that they played perhaps a fraction better over the course of the game (United still created more clear-cut chances nonetheless), but Chelsea as a team does not deserve to win anything. Not until they clean up their act anyways.

Avram is an absolutely crap manager. They're all like 'He got further than Mourinho'...its Mourinho's team!!!

All Avram has proven is that he can take over a team who had already succeeded anyway. He's had to do nothing...what's worse if he wants to equal Mourinho's trophy count he has to win the treble 2 years running now :monster:

...not gonna happen.

But still, I'm glad Man Utd won it, they've proven they can win the Premiership and Champions League in style.

But on the flip side, Grant had to motivate them all the way through it and he did play different football. Mourinho was a better manager overall, but in time I could be proved wrong by that.

I felt sorry for John Terry. Why are English centre halfs? so terrible at penalties?

Hahaha indeed, I thouht we'd fuked it more than once but deary me, we fooking had it!!!!

Id like to say im enjoying this victory whilst sober, but im not, im fooking wankered, and fooking WELL IN!!!!

Fookin hell! I wish me mam wern't here when me and me mates were watching. When Chelsea scored that fluke I coulda down an entire 2 litre bottle of vodka! I was fookin terrified!

_44678568_winners_getty416.jpg

Looks oh so much sweeter than it would have been in Chelsea's hands :monster:
Anyway, as if Ronaldo missed the penalty, I thought that was the deciding moment to be honest...it would have been like Chelsea to go and win it after that.

*Points and laughs at Terry*
*Points and laughs at Anelka...you always were overrated*

Back