Can you retry the Mt. Corel train mission?

HeadInTheClouds

Gil
So I was playing on my switch the train mission on part 2 in mt corel, accidentally took out the microsd card witch restarted the console. When I got back, it's after the train mission but in the save where i failed. I have no save before it. So essentially, without going back to a save before the train crash, can you retry the mission?

I'm not familiar with the Switch version of the game, but generally this mission cannot be replayed. Once the train crashes into and ruins North Corel, that's the way North Corel remains for the rest of the game. Unfortunately that'll mean you don't have the Huge Materia from the train now so that'll mean you cannot acquire Bahamut ZERO. You'll still be able to complete the game as normal though, and that's the only major thing it will affect.

If the Switch version gives you a chance to replay the mission, I'm not aware of it. It's very much a scripted mission for that one part of the story.

Yeah the only way to replay the mission wold be some sort of mod to the game (like how you can get Sephiroth and Rufus as playable characters). best of luck replaying back through all of that

Yeah, you can't replay it. You don't technically lose anything, since everything lost can be obtained elsewhere. It's more about making it more difficult to obtain everything you'd normally be rewarded, as a punishment.

Back