Veteran
Gil
Chocobo Egg
Kuja
Garnet
Tifa Lockhart
Sabin's Tent
Photography Contest

Here comes the photography contest for all those camera nuts out there! Any camera can be used, from a smartphone to the most professional.

Guidelines:

Theme: Scenery

+ Image must be as JPEG file.
+ Size must be no more than 4 MB.
+ Digital enhancement of the image is limited to cropping, resizing, color, luminosity, spot editing, toning, dust removal, and use of filters to sharpen and remove noise.
+ You may not alter the image by adding element that was originally not present in the scene. On the same token, you may not remove any element or object that was originally present in the scene.

--------------------------------------------

This particular contest will be put to the vote by the other members. Lighting, focus, angle, color (if the image is in color, would it be stronger in black and white, vice versa?), control of background (is it distracting from the focus of the image?), and composition will be the main aspects that the members should focus on when both taking the photos and voting.

Entries are welcome starting now!

Entries need to be sent to me by the end of the 22nd June. Any later and they will not be counted.

Voting will be opened up on Monday the 23rd June.

Submit entries to greenyxi/Sprout (depending on my username at the time).

--------------------------------------------

The rewards are as follows:

1st place: 500 Gil
2nd place: 300 Gil
3rd place: 100 Gil

All entrants receive 100 Gil for entering, meaning:

1st place gets 600, 2nd place gets 400 and 3rd place gets 200 gil.

Who's gonna win this one? :lew:

So filters to colour are, or are NOT allowed? :hmmm: Sprout

"Digital enhancement of the image is limited to cropping, resizing, color..." :) Six

A bit of colour enhancing is perfectly fine. I'm not 100% up on photo lingo, so bear with me.

Would gradient maps be ok? Colour adjustment and balance etc?

EDIT: Serious question. I wasnt being funny :brooding:

Last edited:
1 week left to get your photo all sorted! Plenty of left to PM me your entry, but I just thought I'd throw it up here :).

No more entries are allowed as of 12 'clock last night (GMT). I couldn't stay up late enough to say this sooner :wacky:.

Voting thread will be up at 4pm today (GMT).

Back