Gil
FFXIV
Yuno Mizuno
FFXIV Server
Lich
Free Company
Silver Lining
Beginner Macro Guide

Welcome, today, I will be writing a beginners guide for Macros in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Macros are a nice feature you get in quite a few MMORPG's where you can pretty much create a custom 'button' that preforms a series of commands or actions determined by 'code' you input. I know it sounds scary, but it pretty easy once you get use to it.

Next, yes, from what I know and read, macros can be used on both the PS3 and PC Versions of the game, so fear not worry about "i'm on ps3, crap no macros for me."

Why macros, well, here are a few good ideas for why to use macros

• Use a set f commands in a set order at a start of each battle? wouldn't it be easier to hit one button and for it to do all this for you?
  • Healers, wanna heal the person the monster, then use a macro that does this for you rather than trying to target somebody
  • Because you want to do awesome things, be epic and be the coolest guy in town

Now next, how do we get to macros, well, you just enter the system menu and hit 'User Macros'

Once you enter the macro menu, you should see this

Now, lets create a basic macro, we are going to create a macro that gets our player to wave, and say hello to the free company chat, I know it simple, but it a great command to get started

Pick a empty macro slot, and then name it, i'm going to call it Hello FC

TIP: I would recommend that PS3 users use a keyboard for Macro inputting, saves time

then in the big box, it time to input our commands, type in

/wave
/fc Hello everybody!

/wave means the wave emote command, while /fc will input anything that goes after it and send it to the Free Company chat, give it a try

TIP: Auto Translate will work in Macros

Let's try something that might be more useful shall we xDD, here is a nice one, gathering everybody around for Medica, it can be a pain, so how about a macro that automatically adds a message in the chatbox before casting! Healers listen

go to a new macro, lets call it Medica Gather, feel free to give it a icon too be selecting the m sign next to the name box, and chossing a icon

Now type in the following:

/p I am going to group heal in 5 SECONDS! Everybody gather
/wait 5
/ac "Medica" <me>

this sends a message to the party chat, waits 5 seconds, and then casts Medica, pretty cool huh!

here are a few other basic macros which might help, i'll add a list of basic commands in the next post

Basic heal macro:

/ac "Cure" <mo>
/ac "Cure" <tt>
/ac "Cure" <me>

What it does: for PC users only, heals the member who your mouse cursor is over, if that is nobody heals the target of your current target (if your targeting monster, and monster is targeting party tank, the party tank will be healed) if your not targeting or got the mouse over somebody, macro heals you

Arcanist Debuff rotation:

/ac "Bio II" <t>
/wait 3
/ac "Miasma" <t>
/wait 3
/ac "Thunder" <t>
/wait 3
/ac "Bio" <t>

What it does: casts spells on the current target in the following order: Bio II, Miasma, Thunder and Bio, you could add this to the end to
further use it

/wait 3
/ac "Aetherflow" <me>
/wait 3
/ac "Bane" <t>

4 macros for party member healing:

1:

/ac "Cure" <1>

2:

/ac "Cure <2>

3:

/ac "Cure" <3>

4:

/ac "Cure" <4>

What these do: heals the member in that party slot (1 = first in party list, 2 = second party member in list and so on)

Telling party members who you casting Raise on:

/p I am casting Raise on <t>
/wait 2
/ac "Raise" <t>

Full command list: http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1h7cf9/the_macro_thread/

Here is a nice page with a pretty solid list of macro syntax. I used it a good bit setting up my first few. Worth a look. :)

Made a simple macro earlier that I figured may show more ways in which they are useful. As a crafter, I was tired of trying to improve quality just to get the exp boost from my materials. I'm too cheap to waste the opportunity, so ignoring the boost wasn't an option for me even after it become mindless clicking. It was made originally to craft distilled water, but works great on any item with 40 durability. In order to use the crafting skills, I still needed to assign a target even though it doesn't effect any person, thus the "me" (took me a while to figure that out).

This macro attempts Basic Touch 3 times in a row before restoring durability with Master's Mend. Afterwards, it uses the remaining action points before completing the item. I only have to click "Synthesis" and then hit my hotkey for this, saving me tons of manual clicking.

/ac "Basic Touch" <me>
/wait 3
/ac "Basic Touch" <me>
/wait 3
/ac "Basic Touch" <me>
/wait 3
/ac "Master's Mend" <me>
/wait 3
/ac "Basic Touch" <me>
/wait 3
/ac "Basic Synthesis" <me>
/wait 3
/wait 3

Seems like everyone is an old school here :/ Is there also anyone or it's just me the only member who's playing FFXIV in 2021 LOL... bcoz I discovered in December last year and found a very interesting game.

Comes to the thread, ever since I discovered how to use the macros to automation in game its drastically improve my gameplay and buildup more obsession towards the games I'm like now "How cool is that!"

So here I found some Combat Macros that you can also try!

SHIRK YOUR COTANK​

/merror off

/ac “Shirk” <2>

/micon “Shirk”

SINGLE-TARGET ALLY (MOUSEOVER OR COTANK)​

/merror off

/ac “Heart of Stone” <mo>

/ac “Heart of Stone” <2>

/micon “Heart of Stone”

SINGLE-TARGET ALLY (TARGET OF TARGET A.K.A. HIGHEST ENMITY)​

/merror off

/ac “Divine Benison” <tt>