Article: FFXIV: A preview of Patch 3.1 dungeons, gear and which old mounts will be able to fly

Linnaete

sus
Staff member
Editorial Staff
Veteran
Gil
Andre the Adamantoise
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Head)
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
[22/10] FFXIV: A preview of Patch 3.1 dungeons, gear and which old mounts will be able to fly

0166s6rw9.jpg

After the team went on holiday after Heavensward's release and a controversial delay in new content, Patch 3.1 will appear...sometime next month. Named "As Goes Light, So Goes Darkness", this patch will not only introduce the Lords of Verminion minigame, a new 24-man raid (Void Ark) and open-world exploration islands, but also the addition of two new dungeons that will likely appear in the Expert Roulette.

1. - Saint Mocianne's Arboretum

0015vbptm.jpg

First, we have an original new dungeon for you gobby uplanders to grind your tomes from. This is Saint Mocianne’s Arboretum. As the Lodestone website itself astutely describes:

Saint Mocianne’s Arboretum was once home to the greatest collection of flora and fauna the realm had ever known. Alas, in the wake of the Exodus it has since been abandoned, the teeming life within now roaming the halls with reckless abandon. A band of treasure hunters would pierce the heart of this leafy labyrinth in search of treasure, a treasure they claim would be a boon to Idyllshire. But will this savage garden yield fortune, or folly?

So, how do you get in? You must complete the quest "Heavensward" first (essentially complete the pre-patch story), be at level 60 in a DoW/DoM job and have an item level of at least 170.

00211mkqcx.jpg

003127fpqp.jpg

00412ufoqy.jpg

005930p5k.jpg

0061279p08.jpg

2. - Pharos Sirius (HM)

0098vdq1d.jpg

In addition, Pharos Sirius gets an upgraded form with its Hard Mode.

With the siren banished from Pharos Sirius, reconstruction of the lighthouse is well under way. Or rather, it was, until an order of kobolds forced workers to evacuate. The Maelstrom has been swift to plan a retaking of the tower, but time is of the essence. The kobolds’ love for explosives will surely spell destruction if the beastmen are not purged with utmost haste. Once again, Limsa Lominsa asks for your aid. Descend to the depths of the tower this time, and assist in defusing the kobold threat.

The same entry requirements apply here: you must have completed "Heavensward", be at level 60 in a DoW/DoM job and have an item level of i170. In addition, you must also have completed the quest "Why So Sirius" and successfully completed a run of regular Pharos Sirius.

0088w2puv.jpg

0108ljo5c.jpg

0116rwrzi.jpg

0127kkrvj.jpg

As always, there will be new gear thrown around. If the Void Ark gear looks like unattractive tatter to you, cast your eyes on something that looks a wee bit classier:

00711knl98.jpg

[From left to right (apparently!): Caster, Tank, Ninja, Dragoon, Healer, Monk, Ranged

But you probably don't care about glamour. You care about your mounts and which ones will fly. Well, aside from the gorgeous Kirin (wave hello to renewed farm parties seeking to acquire all their pony drops, I bet!), we have:

0166s6rw9.jpg

0158bryro.jpg

01465fxf8.jpg

0176zfzw7.jpg

0136yixmd.jpg

- All two-seater Chocobos (draft Chocobo, ceremony Chocobo, etc.)
- Ahriman
- Bomb Palanquin
- Regular and Golden Magitek Armours
- AI Node

Siliconera

Sweet. I'm excited for the dungeons. Just reached i170 today too. Now if I can do the same for Bard...
ualO3r8.png

Aww, so excited for the dungeons! Pharos Sirius HM, hell yeah! The new dungeon looks gorgeous, too.

Saint Mocianne's Arboretum is gorgeous. Though I kinda have a somewhat unfounded fear that it's gonna play out like The Aurum Vale... The very dungeon that killed me on the inside >.>

Also Kirin looks amazing. Not enough to make me farm for it, but man. I hope my Rumah Extreme one can fly at some point.

Sweet. I'm excited for the dungeons. Just reached i170 today too. Now if I can do the same for Bard...
ualO3r8.png
Mitsuki there is another hat here! Also, I am very excited for these dungeons as well. I reached I 187 or so on Astro and my blm is about i176. I probably won't be playing other classes but we will see.

Back