Approaching Enemy Lines

• Thread starter BustaMo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BustaMo

So during the Final Fantasy VIII plot-line we were thrown 4 different bosses that ranged from semi-important , to MAJORLY important. I'll let you decide or think to who fits into what category, but for now, which of these 4 bosses, when you encountered them, were you most happy to get out of the way? Which boss, if any, did you have the most dis-like for?

Let's break each character down real quick:

Seifer Almasy
Seifer_Almasy.jpg

Classmate and rival of Squall's. Considered a powerful warrior, but personality traits conflict with him and his unfavorable ego eventually earns him the label "problematic". He has a tendency to do whatever he wants, despite any illogic it entails. He also has a propensity towards violence, which might be why he's head of the Balamb Garden Disciplinary Committe, with Fujin and Raijin. He's the only other person in the world of 8 who wields a gunblade. He attended the Kramers' orphanage as a child as well.

Edea Kramer
Edea_Kramer.jpg

presented early in Final Fantasy VIII as a power-hungry sorceress who takes control of Galbadia. Her motives are initially unknown, but SeeD is dispatched to eliminate her. It is eventually revealed that Edea is not evil, but rather possessed by an evil sorceress from the future called Ultimecia. When Ultimecia releases Edea, she takes the side of the SeeDs in the struggle, and for a short time even joins the party. Later on, Edea accidentally gives her powers to Rinoa, making her a sorceress. Her full name is Edea Kramer, and we learn that she is actually the wife of Headmaster Cid of Balamb Garden, and was known as "Matron" to Squall and his friends during the time when they lived with her at the orphanage in the continent of Centra.

Adel
Adel.png

Sorceress who rose to power in Esthar and is the initiator of the Sorceress War. As the ruler, she (Yes, she's female, not male) had her soldiers abduct every girl who might serve as her successor, such as Ellone. During the revolution, she was tricked by Laguna and placed in suspended animation in space. Seventeen years later, after losing control of Edea, Ultimecia possessed Rinoa and used her to free Adel to serve as a new vessel. Adel was later revived in the Lunatic Pandora and was defeated by Squall and his party when she tried to absorb Rinoa.

Ultimecia
Ultimecia.png

The sorceress that SeeD was formed to defeat, though this is discovered quite late in the game, as she operates through the body of Edea Kramer prior to this revelation. While possessing Edea, Ultimecia gains control of Galbadia, and later possesses Rinoa in order to release Sorceress Adel from her tomb. Afterward, Ultimecia abandons Rinoa, leaving her to die in space, but Rinoa is rescued and Ultimecia is soon fought and defeated. A sorceress from the future, Ultimecia is the embodiment of pure evil and capable of reaching back through time via a special machine in order to possess other sorceresses and manipulate them. Fully aware of her predestined fate to die at SeeD's hands, she desires to conquer it through casting the spell called "Time Compression," which would cause all eras to merge. She could then absorb the power of all the sorceresses throughout history and absorb all space-time itself, essentially becoming a god to direct all creation as she pleased. Ironically, it is through her desire to alter the past and cheat her fate that she fulfills the terms of her destiny (defeat at the hands of Squall Leonhart and his comrades) and perpetuates the cycle that will lead to the formation of SeeD.

Gosh, I hated Adel so much. It took me a few tries to beat her.

I've always thought seifer was a cry baby and that pissed me off, good antagonist though

Seifer was such an annoying character, honestly.
There's nothing to him. He's just a stuck up little boy.

I hate seifer, not because of the hardness in beating him...it's just the way he was.

Seifer was such an annoying character, honestly.
There's nothing to him. He's just a stuck up little boy.

No one who judges like that could appreciate the qualities of such a deep and determined man. I agree that he may be stuck up; but Nothing to him? No.
He was so determined, so strong, and he was always looking out for number one. He never looked back, even if it meant leaving everything behind and having nothing to go back to. He was someone who was willing to do anything to prove he was the best. He would give everything away before he considered any other consuquence and could care less about what consequence he could suffer. He's always doing something big because he has the power and he knows it. In my eyes; He was a great character and people misjudge him because they don't understand him.

Anyway, back on topic. Adel really made my blood boil! The first time I went up against her I kept dying and I wanted to Level up, but I got stuck on disc 4. The monsters there also give you 1 XP.:(
So I had to start over and then have sweet, sweet vengeance.

Last edited:
I personally dislike Edea... But theres a story behind that. On the first game I ever played of FFVIII, I didn't bother lvling up much. This was actually my first time playing any final fantasy, (besides the first one on gameboy). So... I got to Edea at the end of disk 2, at level 35 or so. This was the hardest boss battle I had ever had. I honestly think it was comparable to Omega Weapon. I FINALY beat her, but never played that file ever again. I still dislike her.

I liked Adel the least because I thought she was developed less than the other bosses and she was the hardest to beat. Even at the beginning of the game, I always thought Edea was pretty cool. I didn't hate Seifer; I alternated between being annoyed by him and pitying him. I didn't know about Ultimecia long enough to hate her.

I hated ultimecia. She gave me one hell of a time when I fought her. I finally managed to beat....like a 2wks later. Adel gave me a hell of a time too. I came up with my own strategy to beat her.

Lol. I liked Ultimecia because she as a decent challenge.
And her final dungeon was actually worth while. ^_^

I hate Adel I tried for ages to beat her and I couldn't level up aswell so I ending up have to start the game over again because I didn't have another save file :sad: now I have at least 2 saves of all my FF games ^_^ and as for Seifer I really like him and is one of my favourite characters in the game ^_^

voted seifer.........i hate the sorceresses

read it wrong lol....voted for my favourite

Agreed. He acted like such an immature bitch. He just mad me soo made how his personality was. He was a brat that was thought he was all hot, but wasn't. He was supposed to be your rival but he was nothing but a pathetic fool; he was weak and seemed like another random monster only more annoying! At the beginning he had all the good foundations for a great character but he just got really annoying when he got jealous about not being a SEED. I thought get lost you looser. He should have been on your side, or at least been a cool enemy. :mad:

His personality made him out to be a pretty boring opponent if you ask me.

I dont like seifer cause he thinks hes a hard man with raijin and fujin but they eventually turn on him (then go back)

I like how they carried Seifer's attitude over into Kingdom Hearts II. It was cool to see him back in action even though I disliked him.

I chose Edea because that's the only character the game told me to hate... and when Irvine fucked up the shot... that's about when I stopped caring about the game. So yea, I hate her most. Not because she's the worst... but kinda like how when you're frostbiten you can't feel anything. Yea, she was the only character in the story other than dweezle to actually annoy me.

Back