War of the Lions Any fans of Tactics?

Sashikiru

Red Mage Storyteller
Gil
Zell
Final Fantasy Tactics: War Of The Lions is my favorite Final Fantasy period. I played the PSP version and currently on my second playthrough. I absolutely love everything about this game besides the outdated graphics. What do others think?

Played the first installment quite a few years ago and remember not being too impressed, but I've been really wanting to try it again now that I'm older and can understand the subject a lot more. It's probably been over 10 years by now, though I do wanna say I beat the game using cheats to just get the story in (Not that I remember much anyway!) But I think that was the one on Playstation. I recall buying the PSP one and then selling it later on because I wasn't impressed.....:O 😅

I loved Tactics Advance though, I remember just sitting up at night playing a bit before bed on a few different playthroughs. I'm not sure why I appreciated one over the other (again, I don't even really remember much from the first) but I really really loved it and also look forward to playing it again here soon.

Played the first installment quite a few years ago and remember not being too impressed, but I've been really wanting to try it again now that I'm older and can understand the subject a lot more. It's probably been over 10 years by now, though I do wanna say I beat the game using cheats to just get the story in (Not that I remember much anyway!) But I think that was the one on Playstation. I recall buying the PSP one and then selling it later on because I wasn't impressed.....:O 😅

I loved Tactics Advance though, I remember just sitting up at night playing a bit before bed on a few different playthroughs. I'm not sure why I appreciated one over the other (again, I don't even really remember much from the first) but I really really loved it and also look forward to playing it again here soon.
Heck, you have no idea what you are missing :tearjoy: :geek:
Perhaps now you may enjoy it since you may understand the story.
The story is fantastic and it is linked to the story in XII because both games are set in Ivalice.

So I do recommend giving it a third chance and it is available on the App Store/Google Play.

The storyline in a nutshell is you are following the footsteps of Ramza Beoulve, the third son of the Beoulve House and Mercenary, who believes he is not worthy of having a High Born name. There is a war between the two Kingdoms from North and South for the throne to rule Ivalice, but both sides are seeking the 13 Zodiac Stones (I know there is 12 Zodiac Signs but in this there is a 13th). Each stone contains the power of The Zodiac Braves and they can be summoned with it, but in the wrong hands, the summoner will become corrupt. The Kingdoms want the stones for more power to win the war. Ramza discovers that not only the Kingdoms are after them but his First-Brother and leader of House Beoulve, Dycebarg. He begins to doubt his name as it spelt evil to him and decided to continue his own path, becoming a Wanted Heretic along the way by killing the corrupted royals who obtained the stones.

I won't dish too much but that is the base of it. There is a lot more to it which I will not spoil.

I have the PSP version too and I do love it. I've owned it for many years, and yet I have never completed it. Not because I do not enjoy it, but because it is a) quite long/challenging, b) I keep forgetting about my PSP!

I like the tactical gameplay, and the job system, etc. I wish it would let me keep more characters. At first it is no bother, but eventually you reach a stage where you have many core characters that are important or unique to the story that want to join the party, but you already have an army of beloved randomly generated characters who you have had with you since near the beginning. And you have several pet chocobos taking up slots too... It forces you to make very difficult decisions. And then it punishes you for kicking people out by making the characters sad. :sad2:

The plot is pretty good, and so is the script. The English localisation does use a lot of archaic language which can obscure some of the details at times, but it is worth sticking with it.

Back