Annoying cliches in movies and tv shows

Rydia

Throwing rocks at emo kids
Veteran
Gil
What are some cliches that you are tired of seeing in movies and tv shows?

I hate that the rich girl is always the enemy and a complete brat and snob. Why can't we have a nice rich girl for once and not go with the usual stereotype?

I also find it annoying that everytime a TV series takes place in High school and the main character is a girl, the popular girls seem to have nothing better to do than torment her and only her. Ok, they occasionally are seen being nasty to a dorky guy. It's like these girls have a serious obsession with main character girl and they can't go a minute with out thinking what she is doing. Then there is always the fact that main character girl and popular girl were once bestest friends in the world but puberty came along and made popular girl really bitchy.

It's always two kids in the family. Why not one, or three, or even four?

When there's a supposedly 'ugly' girl who becomes miraculously pretty on removal of her glasess (which are never like the nice pairs of glasses you can find in real life). Of course this makes the girl a much better person in everyones' eyes, even if there was nothing wrong with her before.

I hate how in an action film, the good guy is always getting his arse kicked, but still manages to overcome them and kill them. How about a totally one-sided fight for a change?

In movies like War of the Worlds and Independance Day, why do humans always prevail? It sounds a bit depressing, but for a change why can't the invaders win and take over the world for a change?

And in horror movies, it's always the black people who die first :lol: They're all incredibly racist

One annoying clitch of comdeys is the one where the good guy looses only to find out that the bad guy cheated in some way and that the good guy wins

or romatic comdey boy meets girl, girl falls for guy, guy looses girl, guy gets girl back at the end of the film. I mean could something else happen please

One annoying clitch of comdeys is the one where the good guy looses only to find out that the bad guy cheated in some way and that the good guy wins

or romatic comdey boy meets girl, girl falls for guy, guy looses girl, guy gets girl back at the end of the film. I mean could something else happen please

we could replace girl with guy.

The most cliche thing ever is the evil twin.... Oh how I hate that.

1. How at the end of every episode everything is exactly the same as the way it began. Simpsons is extremely guilty and so is South Park (apart from that season where Kenny stays dead for the whole season, that was scary!).

2. Heroes never vomit when they've been shot. If it's not a fatal wound (which of course it never is) they just get up and carry on.

Last edited:
If I see one more episode where a guy has to wear a dress for an episode I'll scream. That one got old about twenty years ago.

Back