Build-A-Member
Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
It shall not be long to wait now for the next Star Wars Disney+ show featuring the character Cassian Andor from Rogue One (set before Rogue One, for continuity reasons). It'll be released on September 21st (following nearly a month delay).

We so far have two trailers:

While I was perhaps least interested in the Andor tv series compared to other announced (and released) shows, so far it is looking surprisingly good at this stage. Like a bridge between the prequels and Rogue One, which I wasn’t convinced we needed (and maybe we don’t), but some of the scenes of the early rebellion look interesting (I want to see more Mon Mothma, in particular). I have not seen Rebels though, so I cannot compare which does it better.

Any hopes? Fears? Feelings of meh?

With two episodes to go, I have this to say.

Andor has no right to be as good as it is. And yet it is fantastic.

It has some of the best writing and acting I’ve ever seen in Star Wars. It has to be my favourite Star Wars TV series so far (sorry Mandalorian, I love you still, but in a different way).

There are so many layers to it. It is heartbreaking, exciting, and tense. The tension builds organically. It has to be the most realistic of all Star Wars things I have seen to date. It might take people a few episodes to get used to the pace (and the first two episodes are perhaps the show's weakest), but it is definitely rewarding to continue.

And despite not thinking much of Andor as a character previously, this series gives you time to appreciate him. Diego Luna does a fantastic job (likewise much of the cast). Now I love the character. And it’ll only improve future viewings of Rogue One with all of this behind him.

But Andor isn't really just about Andor himself. So if that is a reason people have been put off trying it, I do recommend they give it a go.

This is probably the first time Star Wars has had me eager for the weeks to pass so I can get another episode, and looking up breakdown videos on YouTube. It even has me tempted to rewatch episodes, and that's a first for me with Star Wars TV shows.

Back