agh i hated this game

Blueflame7

Awesome...IN A CAN!
Gil
this game was too hard. they needed save points. after awhile you just sorta had to guess where to go. you get to the last boss and if you die you have to go all the way back through that dungeon man. i still havent beaten this one. anyone agree that this is the hardest of the ffs?

Well it is an NES game and NES RPGs did tend to be difficult. :P. Actually, NES games in general were difficult. And there were no save points in them. There were only certain spots (ex: world map) where you could save.

I would agree that FFIII was one of the hardest FF games. the original 1, (Not the GBA remakes) was also quite difficult.

It wasn't too hard, I've played more difficult, but i admit it is a little bit difficult, despite that though i still thought the game was entertaining with quite a good plot, yes, maybe save points would of made the game a little easier, but at the end of the day, you play a game to be challenged, else if the game was to easy, it would be boring, and then there wouldn't be much of a point in playing it then would there? Trick is, keep playing, get used to it, level up your characters before running in screaming into a dungeon, and then it's pretty much in the bag.

I wouldn't say it's difficult overall. The only reason why it is so sometimes is because there is no save point in any dungeons or caves before you face the bosses.

My trick is going through caves/dungeons/castles and finding loots, while at the same time leveling up. When I know I'm nearing the place where the boss is located, I simply either battle my way back out, or teleport out. I'll save the game outside, then make another round trip and level up some more. Go outside, save.

When I'm ready to face the boss, I just run like hell and run away from the random battles on my way to the boss - that way, I wouldn't feel like all those random battles was a waste (just in case I lose a boss battle).

I play like Mitsuki and it is very good way to play. I don´t find lack of savepoints so big challenge since you can leave dungeon and level up until you can kill easily all the enemies. I´m more annoyed by the fact that you can´t buy Phoenix Downs. You really have to think during boss battles if you have revive your character or just try make with three.

For regular battles there it is important never to use Phoenix Downs. Just run away to a town where you can revive characters because I don´t want others get exp and go way up in levels and other stays behind.

It is also good have difficulty. One thing I dislike very much in FFX it is way too easy. Only those extra superbosses are challenge but otherwise game is putting in almost every screen savesphere. And superbosses arent so tough if you have overdrives full of Yojimbos Zanmato.

I've played FFIII on the DS. It isn't overly difficult. I wouldn't call it a walk in the park, but I wouldn't give it the distinction of being the most difficult Final Fantasy game.

It's the most difficult FF of the ones I've played. I wouldn't say its too hard. I beat the game at around level 57-58. Save points would have been a bonus, but once you figure out how to pwn the end dungeon, you don't even need save points:

Run like hell from random battles
Open the chests, pwn the Xande clone, get the Ribbon, equip
Everyone, including tanks, on the back row
Healer ALWAYS healing, then the other 3 just hack'n'slash. I had about 15 shurikens before I went in here, I had a few here and there to spare a throw.

Last boss is a BITCH though. If you do not beat the four Warriors of Darkness AND equip the Ribbon while fighting her, then you have absolutely no chance ...

But, yeah, save points weren't really needed in the last dungeon, not if you're high enough level. The saving system is essentially like any other NES FF: save on the world map.

I have question about last dungeon?

Can you leave from there after you lose that 1 battle to Dark Cloud ( the one you are supposed to lose) or do you have to beat the dark world on one sit down.

Once you're in the World of Darkness, there's no turning back :P It's not like Sin where you can conveniently leave and return whenever you feel like it. When you're in there, you basically need to complete the game.

I got my arse kicked in the world of darkness and Im not happy about having to go mooching all the way back thru again. I think I have defo seen the game over screen more than any time in my entire life
I guess I just need to get some more training done and level up my jobs a little bit more

Id defo say it was one of the hardest FF's Iv played

I don't think it helps that the Summons suck aswel >.>

I didn't find it that hard, but I can see where you're coming from. That's probably why they never released it in the US and Europe and why they dumb down the other ones.

I found that it was difficult to the point it was fun. To be honest, I would say that the first 6 FF's were harder and much better than any other FF game that came out from VII onwards (apart from IX ^_^)

Once you're in the World of Darkness, there's no turning back :P It's not like Sin where you can conveniently leave and return whenever you feel like it. When you're in there, you basically need to complete the game.

After you finish the game, can you return to the surface world?

I didn't use the summons. I found the most useful classes were the warriors, ninjas, and devouts.

Back