Help Abolish Elemental from Galbadia Garden (disc 1)

RinoaLionhart

Gil
When I played this in 99 I did not play this stupid card game, so when I got sucked in with the remastered, I decided to play it "right" this time. I abolished Elemental rule from Dollet, but it's here in Galbadia Garden!

Can someone walk me through abolishing Elemental in Galbadia Garden? I am new to the card game so am unfamiliar with the lingo

Last edited by a moderator:
I think something is wrong with my hard drive. I definitely abolished Elemental rule in Galbadia Garden, saved the game, moved on to abolish Plus rule, and Elemental is back!!! Ugh

I've added help tags for you so hopefully more people can see this thread.

Unfortunately I haven't played this game since playing it on the PSX so I'm not 100% familiar with the rules system.

But just to let you know you have been heard I'll ask around for you and hope to get an answer soon.

Ok the part that is hanging me up is definitely, I'll abolish elemental and go across hall to get galbadia rules from girl, and she has elemental, which I definitely abolished also in Dollet.

So instead of abolishing plus or same, I keep just carrying elemental back and forth.

Have tried replaying game from Laguna scene. Examining but not drawing from draw point 100 times, various combinations of refusing accepting and examiningghard lreset of PS4, leaving garden completely...

Maybe there is some sort of odd reset thing that happens when you're early in the game, that eases eventually. If it shows that rules are spreading and abolishing, then I would imagine they would be set in stone from that point on.

What I would say is, do you really need to abolish Elemental? In my opinion, it's a rule that doesn't have a big effect overall. Wanting to abolish Plus and Random, I totally get. But something like Elemental rarely has a big effect in a hand.

Interestingly enough, when talking about RNG of card games, it's obvious. I was doing Queen of Cards, and I would see he play the same exact cards if I went from the save point directly to her, and she would spread/abolish the same rule, every time. If I left the screen, then came back and played, she would do something different, but would always do that different thing, guaranteed. One thing you can do if you don't want to spread a rule, is when they say "I'm unfamiliar with those rules, blah blah, want to play?", say no, then keep repeating until they just say, "let's play" and you'll play with that regions rules without spreading a rule. You can also go that same route, but elect to play, then quit when the card game screen comes up (it asks again if you want to play). This method will spread/abolish a rule without actually playing the hand. This can at least speed things up a bit. You can use this in your RNG manipulation too. But you got the right idea, you can manipulate the RNG by doing things like leaving the screen and multiple screen, if you have to, drawing magic, talking to random people, you can alter the spread/abolish a bit. Keep trying and you can eventually get your way.

I definitely had to move on and leave elemental in play.

I think I might have a glitch. I would "abolish elemental" then go to immediately "get" the rules from the classroom person, and she always has elemental.

I've not found anyone who has this going on, and I am glad you brought up the fact that it's ok to just leave elemental alive! That's what I ended up doing.

I think it was just very frustrating that I had gone through the extra step to abolish it from Dollet. And then asking the question, a lot of people didn't understand my question and immediately just assumed I needed a sarcastic lesson on random numbers.

But now I have moved on to the equally exciting Rosetta Stone farming 😭

Thanks for the reassurance about leaving elemental alone :)

Back