Help A few questions before I pass the point of no return...

Miss Frankie

Gimme brains for breakfast
Gil
Hi

So I'm just about to head into the Lunatic Pandora. Squall is around level 50 an and the rest are around level 30. I've mainly been concentrating on drawing and junctioning and I haven't had trouble with any of the boss's so far. They've been pretty easy actually. I've managed to draw 100 every magic I've come across apart from the types of rare magic you find on the Heaven and Hell islands.

I didn't bother with the card game and I've got the second or 3rd best weapons for a few of the characters including Squall as I didn't fuss too much about that either because it seemed like I was doing alright with just junctioning magics.

I'm not going for 100% complete. I'm just playing for the story so I'm wondering is it safe play on now? I know theres alot of boss's coming up and I don't want to commit several hours of gaming if when I get to the last boss it's impossible.

So I'm wondering is there plenty of chances to level up and draw the magics all the strongest magics like Aura, Ultima etc from the enemies and boss's from here to the end once I've entered Lunatic Pandora?

All advice welcome and thanks in advance!!

The thing with FFVIII is that enemies are always the average level of your current 3-member party, so you could sort of be ready for anything more often than not. If you aren't looking for anything except the straightforward game story, I'm thinking you're good to go :hmmm:

Last edited:
Hi

So I'm just about to head into the Lunatic Pandora. Squall is around level 50 an and the rest are around level 30. I've mainly been concentrating on drawing and junctioning and I haven't had trouble with any of the boss's so far. They've been pretty easy actually. I've managed to draw 100 every magic I've come across apart from the types of rare magic you find on the Heaven and Hell islands.

I didn't bother with the card game and I've got the second or 3rd best weapons for a few of the characters including Squall as I didn't fuss too much about that either because it seemed like I was doing alright with just junctioning magics.

I'm not going for 100% complete. I'm just playing for the story so I'm wondering is it safe play on now? I know theres alot of boss's coming up and I don't want to commit several hours of gaming if when I get to the last boss it's impossible.

So I'm wondering is there plenty of chances to level up and draw the magics all the strongest magics like Aura, Ultima etc from the enemies and boss's from here to the end once I've entered Lunatic Pandora?

All advice welcome and thanks in advance!!

I played ffviii just a couple weeks ago for the first time as well and You will be fine trust me.. I didn't play the card game either not once and the game was still a breeze.. Probably the easiest one I played battle wise (finding out where to go in this game is a diffrent story lol :)).. You said you are drawing magic so I am assuming you are attaching them to boost you stats? Like 100 full lifes to hp-J or whatever? As long as you do that kind of stuff and are attaching the best avalaibe magic to the best avaliable stat you will breeze through no problem..

I didnt grind in this game ever.. Infact when I went to face ultima weapon i ended up getting like 40 lvls on the way lol.. Id recomend trying to keep your average lvl low and just boosting your stats with magic.. It worked very well for me..

Oh and you'll defenitly come across monsters where you can draw some of the good stuff so don't worry about it.. Just keep checking their draw list and when you see them just draw away..
hope i helped :)

Miss Frankie Even the average level of bosses in Ultimecias castle only go upi to a set level of 50+ Ultimecia herself tops out at about 65 in all 4 forms and they are supposedly the hardest bosses in the game, there not though:
:wacky:

Omega weapon has 255 Strength from level 1 for crying out loud! I I remember right.

So you should have no trouble really if your good enough.

Or you could just use Eden,and have Selphie in battle.Then,keep trying to get The End,although it kills all fun.

Oh,And by the way,you still can get to Island Closest to Hell or Heaven, even in the cd-4,the problem are the cities (you'll know why,if it's you first gameplay)

Anyway,it's always good to kept a second save,Always did that with FF8 and 9 because someplaces are blocked in CD-4.

Yeah, it makes me mad to see how leveling in FF8 mean precisely dick :mad:. Anyways, you're good to go. Just make sure your characters are junctioned appropriately. Since you got all the magic going on, that isn't a problem though lol.
Not a fan of FF8. It's more style than substance I always felt. The story is it's only strong point. Right on for playing it by it's key strength.

If you're just playing the game straightforward then there's no need to worry about, the only boss who would be out of your league is Omega Weapon and you won't battle it if you're just playing the regular game.

All other bosses on Ultimecia's Castle are pretty easy, they're HPs aren't that high and with a combo of Zell and Squall's limit break you can pretty much take them all out that is if you have good magic junctioned.

It's possible you might have some trouble with Ultimecia-Griever, but that's just more fun i guess. You'll probably win without too much trouble.

You might want Odin before you head inside, too. When you face up against Seifer, he pwns Odin and you get a new summon type dude instead.
Gilgamesh

It might also help to get the final upgrades for your characters, thats what i always do, but thats just me ^^

As for Ultimecia and her forms, Meltdown is your friend. and draw the new spell from her final forms lower half of her body and cast it on her (if you draw more than one, cast it with double or triple).

Or you can cast Aura on Squall and Zell (if you have him on your team) and pummel her till shes gone.

I Can't tell if this was just one giant spoiler or if this was actually helpful advice for you, i've finished this game countless times so i thought i'd share somethings hoping they'll help.

Back