2007 - year of the comeback?

Daenerys

The Last Dragon
Veteran
Gil
Is it just me or is 2007 the year that artists have been launching their comebacks? Britney spears, the Spice Girls, Boyzone, Take That, etc.

How do you feel about comebacks and do you think their in it for the heck of it, or for the money?

Purely for money.
They split up for a reason; because they weren't selling records. BUYING those records is even more ridiculous.

Take That are the only genuine band. They said that they would definitely be coming back; they were just taking a break from it all.

Most of those comebacks do stink of cashing in. At least the likes of the Pixies admitted that was their motives when they reformed a few years back for gigs. But then the Pixies are actually good unlike Spice Girls, Boyzone etc

The one reformation I'm happy about is the recent announcement of My Bloody Valentine gigs next summer. It'll probably wind up being a disaster and make me wish it had never happened but I'll be hopeful for now.

Indeed, all for money. Bands like Spice Girls and Boyzone seen the cash Take That were pulling in and wanted in on the action. But Take That came back last year really.

James regrouped which was great, I went to see them in April, but the Spice Girls and boyzone are just ....meh..... everyone jumps on the bandwagon & it's mostly for the money

Britney needs to die.

As for the Spice Girls... I LOVE THEM!!! -runs and pulls out all of his memoribelia-

well i think that Britney and the Spice girls are both not worth the effort of commeing back but boyzone and Take that are both quite god boy bands and have made some good songs in their pasts and hopefully they wil make more songs or at least re-release old ones

Awww, I use to love the Spice girls. I don't think their comeback is that bad. They broke up in 2001. I heard it's really hard, and expensive to get into one of their concerts.

Britney's comeback on the other hand.....She fucked up so badly I don't think she could ever come back as 'Pop Princess'. She dug herself a deep hole. Britney will continue be the laughing stock for a while.

Of course it's for the money, and why not? That is their profession. There wouldn't be much point in Britney etc studying to get their CPA degree or become a lawyer when they can just go back on tour and make more money than God doing so.

Britney's comeback on the other hand.....She fucked up so badly I don't think she could ever come back as 'Pop Princess'. She dug herself a deep hole. Britney will continue be the laughing stock for a while.

While I would rather jam pencils in my ears than listen to her music, her album is number 2 currently.

Last edited:
Well strictly their profession is to make music. If it turns out to be good music, that's often an advantage. Otherwise all our professions could be defined as making money!

Britney's not really a 'comeback' in the same way that the Spice Girls reforming is for instance. They split up then got back together, whereas Britney's hiatus wasn't as long and was more due to personal circumstances (similar to Kylie Minogue).

As for Britney being No. 2 well they do say all publicity is good publicity.

Finnegan III - I'm sure you'd agree with me that a return from Godspeed You! Black Emperor would be welcome though ;)

As long as they don't make it sound anything like the recent A Silver Mount Zion(MAKE EFRIM STOP SINGING, He's a poetic genius he just can't fucking sing and that's what ruined most of if not all the songs from his recent work) album, hell yes I'd be all for the end of that hiatus. :D

Back