[V4] What Are You Currently Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moonlight Sonata - Beethoven

I absolutely love classicals. I'm always in the mood for them!

69 said:
Moonlight Sonata - Beethoven

I absolutely love classicals. I'm always in the mood for them!

Nice! One of the more interesting pieces I thought Beethoven had came up with. The emotions it brings across is overpowering.

Well, back to What Am I Listening To...

Orpheus In The Underworld - Jacques Offenbach

Admittedly, the only parts that interest me would be the ending parts, which is probably more famous than the other parts. However, what really attracted me would be the part before that famous segment, when it suddenly gets silent, and the flute (Or violin!?) plays playfully, literally.

I'm not exactly sure if there are names for the different segment. I'm no musician, so I don't know. Though I'm now rather inspired to go learn the violin or piano as a result. Good enough for me, I suppose.

Omnibus - Lautsprecher

I don't know how to explain this song. It's techno. It makes me happy. It reminds me of sandstorm. It's about riding a bus. I think it's in German o_O?

Maybe just listen to it yourself...

Sunburn - Muse
In a bit of an old Muse mood today, so I've stuck Showbiz on. I think overall the album is rather under rated compared to their others, and it's at least as good as Black Holes & Revelations. Hoping the new album sounds a bit more like this.

Still sticking to classical.

Mozart - <Piano Sonata no.8 in A Minor KV310>

Darkest amongst his piano sonatas? (According to Wikipedia) Honestly, as much as I'd like to pretend to be conversant in classical music, I didn't think it was actually dark when I listened to this piece.... I ACTUALLY THOUGHT IT SOUNDED LIVELY. WHAT THE. (Especially when I did know that it was written some time around his mother's death. I still judged it as 'lively'!?)

So there, I'm an unappreciative guy. Still, I thought it sounded quite nice.

Atreyu - Blow

Im listening to a lot of screamy rock music at the moment, its fun to listen to at night I find. Also a bit of Killswitch Engage is always good.

The Exit - A Kiss Could Be Deadly

I think I've already posting about AKCBD. They're a local band of Riverside, CA. I went to a few of their live shows while living in California. They're quite good. The vocalist is female and her voice is different than most rocker/punk-chick lead singers. AKCBD's music is kind of Alternative/Punk/Techno-mix music. It's lively and makes you want to jump around a little. ^_^

Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who

I've recently rekindled my love for this song. I think the most attractive feature of this song is the drumming. I love Moon's fills towards the end of the song which lead into the iconic scream part.

James Blunt - Same Mistake

Browsing through my music a bit then found this. Haven't listened to this in a while. Plus I like him and his music.

More Classical.

Johann Strauss II - The Blue Danube

Simply an impressive piece from the renowned composer. Although I will not be able to deduce the emotions it intends to convey, I do know it sounds nice. (After that Piano Sonata no.8 in A Minor incident, I'm so not going to take a risk until I learn more about piano composers.)

Big Love - Fleetwood Mac

I'm not normally the biggest fan of Lindsey Buckingham, but I do love this song, especially the "love grunts", I think that they are genius. It's a catchy little song, even if the lyrics are a little repetitive.

Lady Gaga - Paparazzi

I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me...
Papa, Paparazzi
Baby there's no other superstar, you know that I'll be,
Your papa, paparazzi...

I love this song! I wasn't a fan at first, but it grew on me after listening to it at my mates house every week on Foxtel.

It's kind of relaxing when it gets to the chorus and the lyrics are kinda sad too. =(

10/10

Afraid 2 Cry (The Hardest Moment)
by
Mario

It's a new song, it will be on Mario's new cd.
It's a song about breaking up, and how tough it is...really amazing song...it absorbs you in to it...

Last edited:
No More Heroes - The Stranglers
Because it's from one of their earliest albums, it has the same sort of sound as their other earlier 'hits' Hangin' Around, Peaches et al. It's a punk song, but it sounds nothing like the Sex Pistols or the Clash. It's a sarcastic song about there not being any more heroes, it's sarcastic because all the 'heroes' mentioned aren't heroes.

Phoenix - 1901

Phoenix is a band that I'm iffy on. But 1901 is a song in which the 6 (?) members of the band really come together beautifully on. That's a hard act to pull off, but this song, in my opinion, is the formula done right. The sounds are great, strung together for an excellent rhythm and melody. A great, "up beat" kind of song that I really enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back