[V4] What Are You Currently Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sacred Spirit - Yeha Noha (Wishes of happiness and prosperity)

Its a beautiful song sung Navajo elder Kee Chee Jake of Chinle, Arizona.
The song is a chant, part of the Enemy Way Chant or called in the Navajo language Ndaa'. It is a healing song sung to cleanse and heal Navajos, often warriors who have come in contact with ghosts. Navajo veterans of the United States Armed Forces use this ceremony to purify themselves after returning from the service. The title which is appropriate, as mentioned is sung to cleanse and heal warriors, now often a family or loved one and to simply wish them happiness and prosperity.

The 'h' in Yeha is actually pronounced with an 'n' so instead of saying Yeha-Noha, it is pronounced as if saying "Yena-Noha."

I can't fully tell you why I love this song so much. But a good way to try and explain is to have you listen to it and close your eyes in a silent room and really listen to the song and the emotion in the words.
The song can really (for me at least) make you feel better at that moment and take your mind off anything stressful or hurtful. I often listen to the song up to 11-20 times a night, which is the time I use the PC while I'm writing. It really helps me think of greater things and makes me think of adventures, healing, love and the way people feel when they listen to a song like this.

I'm glad this song was a mega hit in 1994. I was too young then, but I'm sure if I had heard it I would have loved it as much as I do now. It will remain my most favorite song of all time.

I give it a 10/10. A 20/20! Anything that makes it have the highest points.

Last edited:
The Chordettes - "Lollipop" and "Mister Sandman"

I think the music world should try to reverse itself back to the classics. Perhaps not all the way back to the 50s like the Chordettes, but at least to the late 70s thru the 80s. I have been in a real 'admire the classics' mood lately, so I have been listening to a lot of older music, and out of those I have been enjoying these two songs a lot. I've also been listening to lots of 80s bands like Duran Duran (Hungry Like The Wolf, Girls On Film, Notorious, Rio, Wild Boys) and Billy Idol (Dancing With Myself, White Wedding, Rebel Yell, Flesh For Fantasy, World Comin' Down) lately. But there's nothing like setting a 50s mood with The Chordettes! And taking a break from all that metal I listen too...

Special Needs by Placebo

This is such an epic song... It's very inspiring for writing and graphics, at least for me, and the video is just gorgeous... I would try to explain the video, but really, it's better to just go look at it on youtube or something. (I'd rate the video 15+ for an age though... no nudity, but it's rather suggestive)

"Remember me when you're the one whos silver screen
Remember me when you're the one you always dreamed
Remember me whenever noses start to bleed
Remember me, special needs
Just 19 and sucker's dream, I guess I thought you had the flavor
Just 19 and dream obscene, six months off for bad behavior"

I had to type out some of the lyrics... I love this song far too much XD

link

There's the video on youtube, watch only if you don't mind slight nudity... mods I hope this is okay :gasp:

10/10 for sure <3 This song is total love.

INXS - Never Tear Us Apart

I love this song from INXS. It's my favourite from them!

I first heard it on the Donnie Darko movie, which has an awesome soundtrack overall.

Though the movie is a tad freaky at times. XD

Excellent instrumental and the voice is fabulous!

This song plays right at the start and it plays the movie in slow motion to go along with the song.

10/10

House of the Rising Sun - Muse
One of my favourite versions of it. I think the Muse style synthing on it gives it a really weird (but good) sound.

Leona Lewis - Happy

Mark's post about the song got me quite intrigued about this new song. Very catchy with its beat and piano. I'm genuinely surprised that she's done one like this, but it sounds so her.

9/10

Katy Perry - Waking Up In Vegas

I love this song! She has such a pretty voice!

The film clip is freakin' awesome too! I wish I could wear that top she wears at the poker table. :gasp:

Lyrics are awesome and the whole feel of it is fun to dance too. =)

10/10

Underdog - Kasabian
Lately I've been listening to a lot more of Kasabian, don't really know why. This is my favourite track from their new album (probably one of their best actually). The guitar has such a brilliant raw sound throughout it, and the bass helps add to it really well.

Jade Ewen - My Man

Very surprised with this song because I never thought a Eurovision entry could come back like this. Definitely goes down well with me because of her beautiful vocals and beaty sound - they completely go together that I feel I can dance around the room with this song!

10/10

Avril Lavigne - Keep Holding On

As usual, Avril never fails when it comes to nice ballads. I heard her sing this live last year in May and then again in New Look the other day, so I looked for it and here I am listening to it. I adore her vocals that go so well with the violins in the middle.

10/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Moment (The Rest of Your Life) - ¡Forward, Russia!
I'm listening to them for the first time in about a year, and I remember now why I liked them in the first place. I prefer Life Processes as an album more than Give Me A Wall because it feels more like they've settled on a sound, whereas Give Me A Wall was too varied I think. It's by no means the best song on the album, but a good starter.

The Crüxshadows - Sympathy (For Tomorrow).

One of my favourite songs by The Cr
üxshadows from their Egypt themed album "The Mystery of the Whisper". It's just one of those songs that really felt complete to me. It's quite different to a lot of their stuff but I think it really suits the theme it is set.

10/10

Last edited:
Never understand - The Jesus and Mary chain
It's an alternative scottish band singing like the beach boys with plenty of feedback. Which is what Psycho Candy sounds like on the whole, it's a different sound from their later stuff, and it's quite an unusual and perhaps unique sound.

Glorious - Muse.

This is the bonus track from Blackholes and Revelations that the lucky gits in Japan had as the last track on the album.

I think it is a pretty good song. I listened to it a lot after I got it and it eventually became one of my favourite Muse songs.

You can feel a lot of energy build up in this song and it feels like you are blasting off into space a bit. Muse do that quite well with quite a few of their songs, and this is one of them.

10/10.

Hootie and The Blowfish - I only Wanna be With You

Its a classic song. The lyrics are so sweet and beautiful.

And just...
Let her cry...if the tears fall down like rain
Let her sing...if it eases all her pain
Let her go...let her walk right out on me
And if the sun comes up tomorrow
Let her be...let her be.

I can't keep this song out of my head, and how Darius sounds when he's singing such a wonderful song. :mark:

:awesome:

I give the song a 9.4 out of 10 ^^

Last edited:
Boomkats - The Wreckoning

I remember watching this film clip when I was in primary school. It was like the only song I ever recall hearing from them.

The girl has a very strange voice but it is very trippy in a good way.

It makes me feel good when I'm driving to work. XD

10/10

We are the ******s of the world - Brian Jonestown Massacre
This song is proof of how good BJM are/can be. It's a classicaly influenced piano instrumental which fits in perfectly with the sound of the album. It's nice and sombre. It reminds me slightly of the 'Lick my lovepump' from Spinal Tap, the title is so unsuited to the music.

Last edited:
Undisclosed Desires - Muse 10/10

It's rapidly flying up my most played list, I love this song. When I heard the first few bars at first, I was like, I dont think I'm gunna like this one, but it's awesome :gonk:
I LOVE the lyrics. There's just something about this song, its great :wacky: New favourite song of the moment I think

Chrono Trigger - Schala's Theme

Once again, Nobuo Uematsu displays his talent with music through the wonderful composition of this song. I don't know how to explain it, but it just sounds nice to me. Sounds a little mysterious?

Eyerer & Chopstick - Make My Day

Can never get enough of this song.

I first saw it on my music video DVD. It was really trippy. Has this little robot dog singing this song the whole way. XD

It's so relaxed and trippy which is what I love in music. <3

10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back