[V4] What Are You Currently Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Shock of the Lightning - Oasis
One of the few good songs from Dig Out Your Soul. It's much like the classic Oasis of the mid-90s, which is why I like it so much. The drum solo is simply fantastic; Zak Starkey is as good as or better than his father.

Breath- Breaking Benjamin
I LOVE this song, as well as some other songs by Breaking Benjamin, but this one has to be my all time favorite by them, gonna make an amv with it later when i go home.

Hush by Tool

9/10

"I can't say what I want to, even if I'm not serious. I can't say what I want to, even if, I'm just kidding!'

A bit more formulaic than most of their songs but it has a great message against censorship and 'political correctness'. It's very catchy and gets stuck in your brain, to the point that whenever I hear someone telling me to be PC, I feel like singing this in their face. :P

"People tell me what to say, what to think and what to play. I said, People tell me what to say, what to think and what to play. I say, go f*** yourself, go f*** yourself, you piece o' s*** why don't you go kill yourself?"

The Vines - Ms. Jackson

An acoustic cover of the OutKast song. I think it is pretty decent. I don't normally like acoustic covers but this one stands out to me. The only bad thing is that the verses weren't included, so the song feels a bit repetitive.

4 Strings - Take Me Away

This song is so relaxing. When I close my eyes and listen to it I feel as though I'm on an exotic island somewhere, lounging on the sand in the middle of nowhere, with my sexy man out in the ocean somewhere fishing for our dinner. XD

Oh what a life it would be to just be lost in the middle of the ocean somewhere on a beautiful deserted island.

10/10

Don't Look back into the Sun - The Libertines
Whilst Pete Doherty may be a mess, he still can write good pop/indie songs. This is a good example of that, it's not particularly great but it's a good song if quite poppy(hoho).

I am currently listening to Bleach beat collection Crush the world down. This song has to be one of the coolest songs there is. I love Ulquiorras Japanese voice. Bleach beat collection is just so :awesome: nuff said.

My Generation - The Who
I just have a best of album (there are far too many individual albums to buy for me), but it does a brilliant job of summing up how great The Who were. Songs like My Generation and Substitute are good indicators of how good music back then was.

Aqueaous Transmission - Incubus

10/10

easily the best song on there album morning veiw
its always been able to chill me out since i was really little when my cousin first showed me the album

I Wish you were here - Incubus

this song i truly love its beaten only by aqueaous transmission
it just makes me want to run and everytime i listen to it i get realy vivid fantasies

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting for Today to Happen - The Lightning Seeds
It's a bit of an odd song, because it doesn't feel particularly fast or up-beat, and yet at the same time it does.

Amphetamine Annie - Canned Heat
Canned Heat are normally classified as a 'blues' group, this song isn't a blues song. It's kind of a white take on the blues, with a fair helping of rock n roll. It's quite catchy, the guitar playing is really quite good.

Muse - Uprising

Kelly linked me to their new single <3 it's much better that United States of Eurasia imo. It's a lot more upbeat and Bellamy seems vocally stronger in this song, I love the guitar work, epic song. :ryan:

Same as him :ryan: 10/10

I can see this becoming a firm favourite of mine, cheers to Pools for the link inthe first place, I love the whole sound to it, I dunno what it is, but it sounds awesome, and I keep listening to it, coz its quality :ryan:

The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling

I've grown to love this song even more. It's so relaxing and the kind of song I'd start playing in the evening of a Saturday in Summer before all my mates came over to have drinks and go swimming. XD

Very chillaxing.

10/10

Somebody's Watching me - Rockwell

I hate those Geico commercials. They did this to me! D;
The song isn't terrible. The original is better than the one on the commercial. I wish it wasn't stuck in my head though...

Katy Perry -Hot N Cold- I like this song. I think its just the words and tone of the song that amuses me. I think its the only song I like by Katy Perry. She is a good singer though. Your Hot N your Cold!

Riceboy Sleeps - Jonsi and Alex

A rather lovely ambient album from the singer of Sigur Ros and his partner. At times it can be a bit too much like wallpaper music, but it's always got interesting moments as sounds bubble up out of nowhere, and it's a relaxing listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back