A Story of A Love... A CloudxAerith Club

Nice find Waitress Girl :ryan:

That reminds me. (This may have been already posted...but I'm not sure.) In one of my favorite games, Parasite Eve, they have a portrait of Cloud and Aerith in it, surrounded by birds on a picnic. Also, there is an antivirus in the game called "Cloud", that is found in the magazine "Aeris". (Sorry if this was already posted.)

Oh and I would love it if you made a fanfiction of that Cali ^__^

I made this wallpaper-thingy the other day. Posted it for tumblr.

2j5ifl2.jpg

and a matching set:

1-1.png

4-1.png
3-1.png

That reminds me. (This may have been already posted...but I'm not sure.) In one of my favorite games, Parasite Eve, they have a portrait of Cloud and Aerith in it, surrounded by birds on a picnic. Also, there is an antivirus in the game called "Cloud", that is found in the magazine "Aeris". (Sorry if this was already posted.)
Yep! :yay: That's so cool that SE did that. I always found it cute. :britt:

Oh and I would love it if you made a fanfiction of that Cali ^__^
:ahmed:

I will take you up on that offer :mokken:

Not sure if this was asked already but... Question:

If Cloud were to get Aerith a pet as a gift, what would it be? A puppy? A kitty? What and why?

Starstruck,
I LOVE that song :gasp:
It totally fits.

Glad you liked that one :ryan: And I still have plenty ideas of love song that would fit Clerith >:D
Exp: Show me the meaning of being lonely - This one is the most fit for Clerith situation.
Until you (by Shayen Ward) - This one is not bad at all for Clerith

If Cloud were to get Aerith a pet as a gift, what would it be? A puppy? A kitty? What and why?

Hmmm, I would say it will be a puppy wolf :tehe:
Because I was thinking about if Cloud want to get Aerith a pet as a gift, he will want it to be a special one. And I find it will be very interesting to see Aerith expression when she open the gift box and find a little puppy wolf inside :ohoho:

If Kaleta didn't ask to use it, I would have. :mokken:

A pet for Aerith? Definitely a kitten. Aerith is playful, sweet, she's basically a human kitten. Maybe even a...calico kitten ^__^

What song reminds you of Cloud and Aerith's relationship?

it has to be erm... this one:

nine spiral by gackt

i joke i joke.... this one really

here

as for the whole pet thing i wouldve said a husky because he thinks it would remind her of him

Hmmm, I would say it will be a puppy wolf :tehe:
Because I was thinking about if Cloud want to get Aerith a pet as a gift, he will want it to be a special one. And I find it will be very interesting to see Aerith expression when she open the gift box and find a little puppy wolf inside :ohoho:
Ahh, I agree! I'd love to see Cloud give Aerith a puppy wolf.

Kaleta said:
omg cail, can i use that matching set? D: its so awesome *_*
Sure, go ahead. ^_^

A pet for Aerith? Definitely a kitten. Aerith is playful, sweet, she's basically a human kitten. Maybe even a...calico kitten ^__^
I agree. She's very cat like. A kitten is cute and fluffy enough for her too. I think a cute white kitten would be perfect for her.

A kitten. A baby white, fluffy kitten. It's small, it's cute, it's lovable and playful--just like Aerith. Although, I think a cute puppy would be just as good for Aerith. Cloud would like dogs and I think that's what he'd get her.

Just thought of a discussion ladies and gents.

Cloud's Reasoning For Living In Aerith's Church... Why do you all think he moved there? What was his thoughts and feelings behind it? Or rather, why do you think Nomura made it happen?

The church was the one place Aerith was connected to. She was safe there, and it was the place they first met. IMO, Cloud thinks that a part of Aerith is still there. Like in the game, when you go there you can see Aerith's ghost. (Or, an image) Since she is gone, the next best thing is her church and garden.

I so agree. :ryan:

Personally, the fact that Aerith's spirit is strongest there makes it pretty interesting that of ALL the places Cloud could have lived in--he chose there. I think it's clear to Cloud that she was easily sensed there hence deciding to live there. :ryan:

It's like the last thing he could hold on to.

I always wished that at that part of the game, instead of just walking in and seeing it, that there maybe would be a cut scene or that Cloud at least would have said something. But that's just me ^__^

Well...

"The place where he awakens---
That is Cloud's Promised Land
"

I know people try to claim that Cloud's family/friends is his Promised Land but the first line states that the place where Cloud awakens is his Promised Land. That place is, of course, Aerith's Church.

"An answer from the Planet…
the Promised Land…
I think I can meet her… there
"

If Cloud feels he can meet Aerith in the promised land, and Cloud's promised land is Aerith's church, doesn't it kinda make sense Cloud only went to the church in hope to be closer to Aerith? Same can be said for why Cloud was visiting Aerith's church before he got Geostigma--Cloud was trying to feel closer to Aerith.

"Cloud feels an incredible sense of guilt for not being able to save her [Aerith], but sometimes he can still hear her voice in a soft whisper. (Reunion Files, Aerith's profile)"

I find this quote really really interesting. Cloud might not have been able to see or physically touch Aerith at this point, but he can hear her voice. That not only reinforces the fact that she's with him forever, but that he can hear her voice as if they were soul mates(just like before she died) Cloud may not have been able to see or hear Aerith due to his guilt but he may have been able to feel her presence and maybe even hear her voice from time to time at the church. Maybe just hearing her or feeling closer to her was enough to comfort him. And that's why he moved to the church.

Well...

"

I know people try to claim that Cloud's family/friends is his Promised Land but the first line states that the
place

Huh...I never really fully understood the whole "Promised Land" concept. But this is very interesting...very cool indeed.

the Promised Land…
"

If Cloud feels he can meet Aerith in the promised land, and Cloud's promised land is Aerith's church, doesn't it kinda make sense Cloud only went to the church in hope to be closer to Aerith? Same can be said for why Cloud was visiting Aerith's church before he got Geostigma--Cloud was trying to feel closer to Aerith.
It's all so clear now :gonk:

where Cloud awakens is his Promised Land. That place is, of course, Aerith's Church. "Cloud feels an incredible sense of guilt for not being able to save her [Aerith], but sometimes he can still hear her voice in a soft whisper. (Reunion Files, Aerith's profile)"

This really shows their bond.

as if they were soul mates
:ohoho:

Good thoughts Cali.

Don't you just love how there's so much depth to their relationship? It's so perfect the way their relationship ties in with the storyline perfectly. I mean, you couldn't discover all this in Snow and Serah's relationship, or Vaan and Penelo's.

Haha sorry for sounding all mushy :ryan:

Well...

"

I know people try to claim that Cloud's family/friends is his Promised Land but the first line states that the place where Cloud awakens is his Promised Land. That place is, of course, Aerith's Church.

Especially since who is around you, cannot be where you are at; it makes no sense to say who he's with is where he's at, since company can't be a location :gonk:
the Promised Land…
"

And perhaps for why he calls it "His place" aka His Promised Land? I think its pretty obvious, Nomura calls the place where he awakens his promised land, Cloud calls that same exact place "his place".

"Cloud feels an incredible sense of guilt for not being able to save her [Aerith], but sometimes he can still hear her voice in a soft whisper. (Reunion Files, Aerith's profile)"

I find this quote really really interesting. Cloud might not have been able to see or physically touch Aerith at this point, but he can hear her voice. That not only reinforces the fact that she's with him forever, but that he can hear her voice as if they were soul mates(just like before she died) Cloud may not have been able to see or hear Aerith due to his guilt but he may have been able to feel her presence and maybe even hear her voice from time to time at the church. Maybe just hearing her or feeling closer to her was enough to comfort him. And that's why he moved to the church.
I've never even heard of this quote before! :P
This also reinforces the idea of their bond transcending Tifa's "bond" with Clouds, when Tifa can hear Cloud voice in her soul or vice versa then we can start to debate xD

Great post, maybe you should put it on the front page, some may need it when confronted with questions of how or why we think Aerith and Cloud are soul mates?

This also reinforces the idea of their bond transcending Tifa's "bond" with Clouds, when Tifa can hear Cloud voice in her soul or vice versa then we can start to debate xD
Love this XD

Great post, maybe you should put it on the front page, some may need it when confronted with questions of how or why we think Aerith and Cloud are soul mates?
I agree. You definitetly should Cali :ryan:

We are lagging :rage:We need something to prod us for more posts :hmmm:

Especially since who is around you, cannot be where you are at; it makes no sense to say who he's with is where he's at, since company can't be a location :gonk:
I know. :ffs:

And perhaps for why he calls it "His place" aka His Promised Land? I think its pretty obvious, Nomura calls the place where he awakens his promised land, Cloud calls that same exact place "his place".
I literally just gasped. :gonk: My god, woman. You're right. :gonk:

I've never even heard of this quote before! :P
Yeah, exactly! :lew: Although, a Cloti can just say the voices they hear during the lifestream scene is the same thing. :hmph:

Hmm, okay. I'll add it now.

@Starstruck,

Hmm... here's a topic. Random questions that I'd like people to answer one at a time.

1. What Colors represent Cloud and Aerith to you?
  2. Do you think the terms Sky & Earth matches Cloud and Aerith? If so, Why?
  3. The Loveless Play... a parallel for Clourith or not?
  4. What parallel couples are your favorite?
  5. What is your trump card for Clourith?
  6. Favorite Fan fiction?
  7. Favorite artwork?
  8. Five words to describe Cloud x Aerith's relationship?
  9. Since both scenes have been said to be dates for Cloud and Aerith... Which date do you prefer... the one in the moogle park or the Gold saucer date?
  10. If Zack had lived and he introduced Cloud to Aerith... do you think Cloud would have still developed romantic feelings for her? If he did... do you think he'd still go after her despite his best friend also liking her? Do you think Aerith would have developed feelings for Cloud as well?
  11. Lover spats... what would Cloud and Aerith have them over? Or would they even have them to begin with? Why or why not?

EDIT: I did already post that fanfiction, never mind. :lew:

Last edited:
I love those questions Cali :gasp:
And Cali...I know I read that fanfiction before. Did you make it?

What Colors represent Cloud and Aerith to you?

Well, I would have to say Cloud is a maroon and Aerith a white. Why? White can make any color brighter. And Aerith can make any person brighter and happier. Cloud I'd say is a maroon. Dark, subtle, not very lively. But when mixed with white, it becomes passionate and lively to make a scarlet.

So Cloud+Aerith=Scarlet :gasp:

But, if you meant two colors together, I'd say a dark Irish green and soft pink. Matches the personalities and goes great together :lew:

I love those questions Cali :gasp:
Thanks, I'm happy you did. ^_^

And Cali...I know I read that fanfiction before. Did you make it?
Yes, I did. :blush:

Well, I would have to say Cloud is a maroon and Aerith a white. Why? White can make any color brighter. And Aerith can make any person brighter and happier. Cloud I'd say is a maroon. Dark, subtle, not very lively. But when mixed with white, it becomes passionate and lively to make a scarlet.

So Cloud+Aerith=Scarlet :gasp:

But, if you meant two colors together, I'd say a dark Irish green and soft pink. Matches the personalities and goes great together :lew:
Ooh, great answers!! :yay:

Cloud. Black/Blue

Aerith. Light Blues/yellow/white/green

Black and blue for Cloud because I associate him to the sky-- the sky is blue during the day and black at night. Plus, Cloud just looks handsome in those colors.

Light blues for Aerith because she origianally wore blue and white as a teen. Yellow and white and green because those are the colors of her flowers.

But as a couple for CloudxAerith... I see their color being earthy colors. Like green, for plant leaves. Yellow and White for flowers. White and blue could be for the sky too. Those type of colors are what I associate to Cloud and Aerith as a couple. Especially since they're love has so much symbolism around flowers/sky.

I'm putting down a mother essay after this post...

Last edited:
Is Aerith Cloud's mother? Essay

Here's an interesting quote from Nomura... it will be fully expanded on by a small post written by Shiva of the CloudxAerith forums.

"Tifa was a very difficult character to create. Like Aerith, she has a maternal side to her, but in a different sense. Not only was she looking after Marlene and Denzel, but she also felt a certain maternal bond to Cloud, who is a 'big kid' himself in some respects. Yet despite this, she continues working as the manager of Seventh Heaven without a complaint."~Nomura; Reunion Files

_____
Shiva of the CloudxAerith forums said:
"So, Nomura states that both Tifa and Aerith have maternal sides to them, but that Tifa's maternal side is different. He then applies Tifa's maternal side directly to Cloud and states right there that Tifa has a maternal bond with Cloud. Aerith's maternal side was described as being different than that of Tifa's, whose maternal side relates to Marlene, Denzel, and Cloud. So, how exactly is Aerith like a mother to Cloud when it has already been confirmed that Tifa is the one who is like a mother to Cloud and that Aerith's maternal side isn't like Tifa's?"

[During a conversation with Tifa] ... Cloud made a familiar face, like a child who knew a scolding was inevitable...

Cloud gazed at Tifa with the expression of a child whose worst secret had just been let out of the bag...

...He's like a child, Tifa thought. While it made her sad that Cloud could see another world she knew nothing about, the idea his world was expanding at all was a welcome one. Yes... Maybe this is kind of what a mother feels like. Once she saw Cloud off, Tifa was alone with the new emotions growing inside her and was happy.

~Case of Tifa

Aerith is motherly in the sense that she watches over the planet, offers a chance of life, hope and comfort. In THAT sense she is motherly. Tifa, however, she is literally a mother figure to Denzel and Marlene. In the quote provided by shiva, it clearly states that "not only was she looking after marlene and denzel" (by looking after they mean acting as their mother) "BUT she also felt a certain maternal bond to Cloud," (question! why associate Cloud's name with Marlene and Denzel if her motherly bond to Cloud was supposed to be different???)

There's no doubt about what relationship Tifa has with Marlene and Denzel--she takes the place as their mother. So... why, in the same freaking sentence no less, would SE say that Tifa's maternal side is different from Aerith's, that not only was Tifa a mother to Marlene and Denzel but that she also felt a certain maternal bond to Cloud as well, and then directly link Cloud to being like a "big kid" himself? Why would SE do that? And then let's not forget that lovely little quote of Tifa enjoying feeling like a mother to Cloud. Ew. also, that whole sweet moment where Tifa says Cloud is like a child in CoT... what?... and she still wants to be with him romantically? Gross.
Now... here's the quotes Clotis like to say proves Aerith is the mother figure to Cloud...

_____

In Advent Children

Showing up in front of people feeling pained and confused,
Her figure seems like a loving mother.

_____

Two years after returning to the planet, Aerith still lives on in the hearts of her friends who saved the planet. And in particular to Cloud, as a symbol of his failure to having being unable protect those dear to him, she was a major factor in causing him to close himself off. For Cloud, and the world once again faced with danger, she reaches out and offers her aid. In that sense she is like a mother watching over the entire planet, and it gives the feeling that she lives in every part of the world.
Source: http://thelifestream.net/final-fantasy-vii...profile-p48-51/

Aerith is motherly in the sense that she watches over the planet, offers a chance of life, hope and comfort. In THAT sense she is motherly.

Saying Aerith is motherly doesn't automatically relate it to Cloud. Saying she's like a mother to the planet doesn't mean she's the mother figure to all characters. Sorry, I just don't buy it. In a sense, she is like a mother for watching over the planet. But it's her duty to do so. If that quote means she's a mother to Cloud... then that means she's a mother to everyone on the planet... which would mean she was a mother figure to Zack--the man who she dated. I don't even want to begin talking about how CREEPY and WRONG that is. That quote isn't supposed to be taken so literally.

Yes, she's motherly. Yes, her motherly side peeks through when she aids the planet and helps the people. Does that mean she's Cloud's mother? Err, no. Can I please see a quote that says she enjoys harboring motherly feelings towards Cloud? Can I please be given the quote where it says Aerith has a motherly bond to Cloud while linking that with other children whom Aerith does in fact care for in a motherly way?

People.

It's called CONNECT THE DOTS. Do it! :lew:

If either woman is supposed to be Cloud's motherly figure--that award would have to go to Tifa.

Back