Why is Final Fantasy 3 so disliked by many people?

Klabax

Gil
They must be playing it wrong or something because i thought it was pretty good.

Maybe they just barely changes jobs or think thats the boring part? But you do get automatically powered up and leveling up jobs on the go doesn't take too long. I had no troubles with it.

Maybe because people find it hard? And can be quite time consuming because of the job mechanics?
I haven't played the remake, just a fan translation of the one for famicom and so far, I have enjoyed it a lot.
The only complain I have is that you get the best jobs right at the end so leveling them up is quite time consuming (not to mention if you plan to go onto leveling up an Onion Knight).

It always seemed to me that Final Fantasy 3 is one of the more we’ll-liked games in the series. However, as someone who has serious issues with this game, this seems like the perfect place to air my grievances.

The difficulty isn’t really the problem until the final 2 dungeons. Crystal Tower and the dungeon immediately afterwards are terrible. Another gameplay bit I hate is how most of the game you’re required to have a certain job (i.e. the Garuda fight needing a party of Dragoons, the Hein fight requiring a scholar) so you have less freedom than the game would have you believe.

In addition, I personally think 3 had the weakest plot of any game in the series bar none. I mean, at least FF1’s plot was composed of villains of the week that all tied into a greater whole. None of the subplots of 3 have anything to do with anything! To cap it all of, Xande is the single worst main villain in the entire series.

i likes pretty much everything else about the game, don’t get me wrong. But those reasons are why I’m not the biggest fan of this game.

Back