FF Music What is your favourite Final Fantasy boss music?

Dionysos

Βρεκεκεκὲξ κοὰξ κοάξ
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
Shiva Snowflake
Carlos el Cactuar
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
What is your favourite Final Fantasy boss music?

I don't think I have an ultimate favourite.

Jenova will be up there in my top five for sure. I feel it is for certain the very definition of a theme for the 'weird fiction' subgroup of science fiction.

Fight with Seymour and The Extreme must be up there too, and there are a number of very interesting or very emotional (given the context) tracks during FFXIV boss battles. However, I'll leave settling on a list of my absolute favourites for another day.

For now, what about yourselves? Do you have an ultimate favourite boss track in the franchise?

While it may not be a fan favourite, Final Fantasy XIII hosts some of the best OST of the series (IMO).

It's not often you have a Boss theme which features so much sorrow. I think the inclusion of Ciaus Ballad was one of the best parts of the XIII Trilogy as a whole.

Also want to throw in this beast:
When you fight that monster with Hope & Snow and hit the stagger point with the orchestra at it's peak, the music transcends this battle one step further. Everytime I hear it I imagine a hero sort of character making a comeback in battle and getting the upper hand to victory.

Last edited:
I have favorites for various reasons so it's hard to chose just one favorite. :sad:

Final Fantasy X isn't my favorite game, but I have to admit that I enjoy a lot of the music from this game. Decisive Battle & Challenge are some of my favorites for boss music, though I agree that the Seymour battle music is very unique but a bit repetitive after a while.

And, yeah, of course the J-E-N-O-V-A & Jenova Absolute music is really close too. J-E-N-O-V-A, like Dionysos said, fits that very science-fictiony theme really well (understandibly considering the subject) and Jenova Absolute has a very epic buildup to the final boss.

There's probably a lot more but those came to mind. :) I really enjoy strong fast-paced music though!

EEEEEEE...RRRRRRR..... THERE-IS-TOO-MANY-GOOD-ONES
Dancing Mad from VI is good and so is J-E-N-O-V-A. Force Your Way VIII is another and Ultima: The Nice Body from FFT. But if I have to pick ONE, it be BATTLE WITH SEYMOUR OMNIS

For nostalgia, I have to say "Battle 2" from Final Fantasy IV. It also made an appearance in Super Mario RPG which was my jam when I was a kid.

Back