What games are you playing right now besides ff?

I am still playing a lot of Persona 5, making good progress on my first playthrough. Currently finishing up the 5th Palace, team is around level 42. Still need to max out all my social stats, but I am almost there now with that.

Also I have recently been playing a bit of Destiny with some buddies of mine, trying to least have one character at light 400 before Destiny 2 arrives.

I also have started to get into Final Fantasy XIV, I am really enjoying it so far. Started out as a gladiator but I am now starting to branch out and try out other roles. So yeah, busy gaming time.

Also I have recently been playing a bit of Destiny with some buddies of mine, trying to least have one character at light 400 before Destiny 2 arrives.

Just wanna make sure you're aware, so that you don't end up wasting time you otherwise wouldn't... you do know that nothing from Destiny 1 carries over to Destiny 2, right?

Anyway, I'm once again doing a speedrun of KH1, and I'm trying to get BBS done on Critical, so that I don't have to touch that mess again until I review it. Other than that, I've also started playing Paladins, which is super duper fun.

Just wanna make sure you're aware, so that you don't end up wasting time you otherwise wouldn't... you do know that nothing from Destiny 1 carries over to Destiny 2, right?

I am well aware, it is something I am not devoting all of my gaming time to. I am only spending a bit of time here and there on it whenever a group of friends are online. The main chunk of my gaming time is spent on Persona 5.

Gotcha. Just wanted to make sure. You may or may not be surprised at how many people don't realize that. A lot of people are gonna be disappointed when that game comes out. Kinda like I was with the first game! Oooooh, buuuuurn! Lol :P

Currently playing Hollow Knight and re-playing Hyper Light Drifter.

header.jpgHyper_Light_Drifter_Logo.jpg

I would definitely recommend both.

Gotcha. Just wanted to make sure. You may or may not be surprised at how many people don't realize that. A lot of people are gonna be disappointed when that game comes out. Kinda like I was with the first game! Oooooh, buuuuurn! Lol :P

Yeah, I was disappointed with it too initially, glad to say the previous two expansions have made the game much more improved. I think the fact that the Destiny 2 reveal trailer even told you that everything is lost from The Tower was intentionally added in to make it clear that nothing from Destiny 1 carries over.

I think I will give the Destiny 2 beta a go and judge from there.

Currently a few hours into Dark Cloud 1.

What I expected: Ocarina of Time but better

What I got: Ocarina of Time but with a bunch of lame gimmicks plus town building.

This is a game I had been looking forward to for quite a long while, and now that I'm actually playing it I can't decide whether I'm disappointed or satisfied yet. It wears its influences on its sleeve which is all fine and dandy, as long as it brings something new to the table. But while the additions may sound like a neat idea on paper, in practice however it's nothing short of aggravating. While I'll refrain from going on a huge rant here (for now) let me just say I'm definitely not a huge fan of constantly having to repair all of my weapons, especially if it means having to exit and re-enter the dungeons every floor because the game is incredibly stingy with the items I need. Or losing all my upgrades and attachments every time my weapon breaks. Or being on a very short time limit which results in my health deteriorating if I don't drink enough water. Pretty much the only new gameplay mechanic that didn't drive me up the wall was the town building, which I'll admit was very well done and actually pretty cool.

So far I don't dislike this game but I have a hard time recommending it to anyone who isn't willing to put up with a lot of frustration and tedium.

Dark Cloud 1 is one of the only games I ever traded in once I got into my teenage years. I regret it, but not because I enjoyed it. Dark Cloud 2 is astronomically better than DC1. It's more varied, better looking, more interesting mechanically, more diverse gameplay-wise, more refined, and removes a lot of the annoyances like Thirst. It can still get a little repetitive, since the dungeon floors are procedurally generated. And that makes the game feel too long for it's own good. But it's great overall.

Dark Cloud 1 is one of the only games I ever traded in once I got into my teenage years. I regret it, but not because I enjoyed it. Dark Cloud 2 is astronomically better than DC1. It's more varied, better looking, more interesting mechanically, more diverse gameplay-wise, more refined, and removes a lot of the annoyances like Thirst. It can still get a little repetitive, since the dungeon floors are procedurally generated. And that makes the game feel too long for it's own good. But it's great overall.

Sounds like I'll definitely enjoy that game more.

There are other games besides FFXII: The Zodiac Age? I'll be damned. That explains all the colourful cases in my bedroom. I wondered what those were doing there.

...but yeah. I've had it for seven years now. The main character is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal, so naturally I hate his fucking guts. I've tried to get into it four or five times and I always stop in the same place. But I am FINALLY going to finish Tales of the Abyss 3D this month. I will. I'm almost to Mt. Roneal, so I'm a good 2/3 of the way through the game. I can do this. It's not that bad...I finished Zestiria, and Graces f. I can finish this. But after this I won't touch it again for...ever. I'm also itching to play Dual Destinies right now, so that doesn't help matters. I'll finish it before the end of next week. I hope.

I'm also taking a little time out every now and then to play Crash Bandicoot: Warped. I managed to finish the first two games in the HD trilogy somehow. How the fuck I did some of the levels in the first game I do not know...well, levels where I couldn't cheat by jumping on the side of the bridge and bypassing all of the obstacles. This has been a very painful, eye-opening experience for me. Games these days are too easy...and games back then had the most unreasonably terrible mechanics and controls. Fuck, I hate platforming.

Well I finally dropped Dark Cloud 1. Holy fuck what a disaster, almost nothing about this game works; the controls handle like crap, the camera is easily the worst and most frustrating of any game I've played, the difficulty curve makes absolutely no sense etc. and the story, if it can even be called that, is sure as fuck not worth suffering through the rest of the games problems. On the plus side the town building was cool and I liked the characters. Overall just another dime-a-dozen Ocarina of Time wannabe that in the end fails to bring anything new to the table. It has some interesting ideas but by god did they fuck up the execution. I certainly hope Dark Cloud 2 fares much better.

Back